Nikita Zadorov

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's very, very good at keeping his elbow tucked/arms down when he hits players. Virtually nothing is dirty with the kid, which I love. A very rare art these days to lay open ice hits the way he does

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I forget if it was the Ducks or the Preds game, but there was a play where a smallish forward cut from the middle of the ice to the boards after gaining the blueline, and was fully in Z's railroad tracks, but the linesman saved his life and blew the play offsides, causing Z to let up.

Then they cut to a close up of Z skating to the bench giving him a funny look and saying what must have been, "you know you almost died right?"

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I forget if it was the Ducks or the Preds game, but there was a play where a smallish forward cut from the middle of the ice to the boards after gaining the blueline, and was fully in Z's railroad tracks, but the linesman saved his life and blew the play offsides, causing Z to let up.

Then they cut to a close up of Z skating to the bench giving him a funny look and saying what must have been, "you know you almost died right?"

I think that was the preds game. I loved that. Was hopeing you would gif it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I just hope that the losing culture that is floating around the team/locker room since he's got traded here won't leave its marks. It would be quite easy to take bad habits when you look at "respected" vets not giving a ****.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it was the Chicago game the other night with Hinostroza.

Yep, that was it. Hinostroza was about to get absolutely lit up. Comeau did the old squeeze play and angled him right into the hit, he had nowhere to go.

6'5" 220 lbs vs 5'9" 158 lb. Linesman saved his life. :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's almost getting to the point where we need a Zadorov GIF archive thread lol. I'd like to see the one where the guy bails out and lets the puck go to avoid Z, again.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
For my 2nd Avs jersey ever, it's between Zads, Landy, or Mikko. Leaning towards Zads.

I've yet to buy any player's jersey from this era, the closest I came was a 2009 blank that I was going to get Duchene's name on for his rookie year jersey, but I don't like it that much, and that motivation could soon be leaving.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I've yet to buy any player's jersey from this era, the closest I came was a 2009 blank that I was going to get Duchene's name on for his rookie year jersey, but I don't like it that much, and that motivation could soon be leaving.

Cobra, I ordered (and they were around 300 bucks a pop at the time) 4 Stastny jerseys....currently collecting dust....sigh. Aaaaand I recently bought a black Varly practice jersey....:cry:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
For my 2nd Avs jersey ever, it's between Zads or Mikko. Leaning towards Zads.

Fixed that for you. Mikko was winning this battle earlier, but Zadorov has been crushing machine this season and I'm developing a man crush towards him.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I have a Mackinnon jersey and I'm buying a Rantanen jersey. Those 2 guys will be safe in Denver for a long time me thinks. I'm putting serious thought into a Zadorov jersey. Maybe after he scores a goal I will buy one but since hes never gonna score I think I'm safe there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zadorov putting that Labanc guy on his ass three times in a span of about 10 seconds was hilarious. I don't know how to make gifs off GCL otherwise I'd put it up.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have a Mackinnon jersey and I'm buying a Rantanen jersey. Those 2 guys will be safe in Denver for a long time me thinks. I'm putting serious thought into a Zadorov jersey. Maybe after he scores a goal I will buy one but since hes never gonna score I think I'm safe there.

If there is someone from this era it's probably going to be Zadorov for me as well. I know Landeskog needed to adjust his style for longevity, but when he came out in his second year and stopped bringing that extra gear consistently he lost me. He came the closest to being a new favorite player, but I haven't really gotten attached to any one player yet the same way I was to Forsberg.

MacK needs to take another step forward offensively for me to even think about it.

Besides the jersey's suck right now so it makes it even more difficult to want one, and while I like the Colorado thirds, I refuse to support a logo change lol.

Edit : I also only buy authentic jerseys, so I have to buy a smaller size blank and then get them done up specifically for a player most of the time. Tyson Barrie is the only one who's jersey size would fit me lol.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Zadorov putting that Labanc guy on his ass three times in a span of about 10 seconds was hilarious. I don't know how to make gifs off GCL otherwise I'd put it up.

TMV put a clip of it on twitter.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yep, that was it. Hinostroza was about to get absolutely lit up. Comeau did the old squeeze play and angled him right into the hit, he had nowhere to go.

6'5" 220 lbs vs 5'9" 158 lb. Linesman saved his life. :laugh:

Lol did Zads say "you're lucky it was offside" ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad