Prospect Info: Nikita Zadorov (2013, 16th) – '14-15: Buffalo (NHL) – 2015: Graduated + traded to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bps21*

Good, he benefits staying here playing 20 mins a night then going to play against junior kids. Only people that want him to go are the pro tank crowd.

Or...you know...the people who saw what it did for ristolainen just last year.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
??

Ristolainen was already in Rochester. I don't get why playing in the WJC would be better for Zadorov than Buffalo?

Doesn't need to be better does it? .. how many games would he miss? 5? 7? ... It's not going to hurt him and there is no question it would be beneficial for him. I'd say it should be his choice since we are in the position we are in.

But perhaps the injuries negate all that.

ZeroPT*

Doesn't need to be better does it? .. how many games would he miss? 5? 7? ... It's not going to hurt him and there is no question it would be beneficial for him. I'd say it should be his choice since we are in the position we are in.

Ehh. Not so sure. What is your line of thinking behind that?

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Being a leader and vital player on a national team competing in a prestigious international tournament

Wasnt he a leader on last years team? Lol. Anyways there is no better spot for him then on the 2nd pair with Risto in the NHL....

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wasnt he a leader on last years team? Lol. Anyways there is no better spot for him then on the 2nd pair with Risto in the NHL....

Yes he was. And it was beneficial for him... just like it would be again this year. Is it really going to hurt him by missing 5 games? He's coming back and slotting right back in the 2nd pair with Risto ... Best of both worlds.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He already was on the tournament all star team last year. He went to the tournament and dominated. He has that experience, and at this point it's better having him learn how to play again men with how well he is playing

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Considering how well he and the team are doing right now there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the NHL is the best place for him right now. If he was struggling and the team sucked as hard as the Oilers then yeah, send him to the WJC. Right now though? Nope.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

I think the bolded is the way to go; Zadorov chooses.

Despite their record over the last 10 games or so, the team is still at the bottom of the standings. And most fans, the team president and GM, want the team to get the top pick in the 2015 draft.

As for his development, there will always be two sides of the argument and really no way to prove either is correct. It is a short period of time in his career and likely would not make a huge negative impact either way. Personally, I think there is a better chance to have major positive impact from the WJC, but it could just as easily make no difference in the level of player he becomes.

Therefore, I would say that he should be given the choice between making money as a Sabre developing his pro career and his chemistry with Ristolainen, or take a shot at the notoriety and confidence that would come if he is a star for Russia.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Considering how well he and the team are doing right now there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the NHL is the best place for him right now. If he was struggling and the team sucked as hard as the Oilers then yeah, send him to the WJC. Right now though? Nope.

Never thought I'd have to consider it but, the recent Sabre success kinda changes things.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Winner!

B4yxYRVCMAIrbFu.jpg:large

B4yvrFNCcAA8Sui.jpg:large

[NHL]699252[/NHL]

[NHL]699436[/NHL]

Last edited:

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Personally, I think NZ should suit up for Russia. Every chance to wear the national jersey is special, the tournament is short and is also close by (Toronto/Montreal).

Just tell him to lay off Reinhart.

TTTT

Jan 7, 2010
After a decent amount of nhl games under his belt, what kind of defensemen is Zadorov becoming at nhl level?

Does his offensive game translating from last year?

ZeroPT*

Not really related to Zads but can we change this from prospect info to player discussion?

ZeroPT*

After a decent amount of nhl games under his belt, what kind of defensemen is Zadorov becoming at nhl level?

Does his offensive game translating from last year?

I think so. The comparison I've always used was Kronwall. I still think this is the case.

Great skater, big hitter, good offensive player, good shutdown type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad