Prospect Info: Nikita Zadorov (2013, 16th) – '14-15: Buffalo (NHL) – 2015: Graduated + traded to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Meh.....19 year olds who drink too much. Nothing new, Kane won a cup and he seems to be doing fine....

Back in the day lots of NHL players played on drugs or were drunk. Ok maybe not lots but I think we put them on a pedestal and make them something more then human.

What 19 year old male doesn't drink too much?

Lots of them don't drink too much, and it's not a bad idea for organizations to monitor that kind of behavior.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Back in the day lots of NHL players played on drugs or were drunk.

nick-brophy.gif

As far as WJC goes, if Timmy feels a pressing need to get Benoit into the lineup, like Sabres are still tied with Columbus or too close to Oilers/Hurricanes, then yeah, he'll ship Zadorov out for a few weeks or a month.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Nikita Zadorov says whether he plays in world juniors is up to Sabres, but he'd love to play for Russia in spotlight of Montreal and Toronto

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Would Zadorov still get paid his NHL salary if he is loaned to his national team for WJC?

Bps21*

Gotta send him. When he says he's down to go...you gotta lol. Look what happened with ristolainen last year. I bet he wouldn't trade that tournament for anything. Plus...watching other teams fans cry and lose their **** about it makes me want it even more.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can't see any reason not to send Zads. We've got plenty of dmen that can fill in and he'll be a leader for a Russian squad on NA ice. No brainer.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Would Zadorov still get paid his NHL salary if he is loaned to his national team for WJC?

If he remains on the Sabres active roster then yes, he gets paid the same as if he were scratched etc. I do believe that he would remain on the active roster in this situation as I don't think it's the same as being assigned to another league.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why would you allow your third best defenseman to leave the team in the heart of the season? Allowing this would indicate a desire to not field the best team. You can't argue successfully that playing in that tournament is better for him than playing a strong 20 minutes of NHL time, sorry.

It's always cool to see Sabre prospects play in that event, but he's an NHLer now, and he should stay. I don't see much room for argument.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Why would you allow your third best defenseman to leave the team in the heart of the season? Allowing this would indicate a desire to not field the best team. You can't argue successfully that playing in that tournament is better for him than playing a strong 20 minutes of NHL time, sorry.

It's always cool to see Sabre prospects play in that event, but he's an NHLer now, and he should stay. I don't see much room for argument.

Why not? Strength of competition isn't always the only argument to be made when it comes to a players development. If Zadorov is excited to play in the tournament and it puts him in a good place mentally, it could help his development.

ZeroPT*

He's playing alot and playing well. No need to send him there.

If he were still playing like twice a month and only averaging like 8 minutes a night then I'd agree. But he's playing and he's contributing well.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

I agree with you. He belongs in the NHL this year.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I'd send him just for the playoff type atmosphere of the WJC games. He's not going to get that playing here scraping the cellar of the league.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'd be down if he was riding the pine here, but he's getting hefty minutes in the NHL. Keep him here.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
World Juniors Could Be "Great Experience" For Zadorov - John Vogl - @BuffNewsVogl - Buffalo News Sports Writer - BuffaloNews.com - Tuesday, December 9.

At last year's World Junior Championships, Nikita Zadorov showed he was one of the best players in the world in his age group. Ted Nolan wouldn't mind if Zadorov had a chance to prove it again. Russia last week named Zadorov to its preliminary roster for the 2015 World Juniors juniors, which will be held in Toronto and Montreal starting December 26. The Sabres could grant the 19-year-old permission to play, but the defenseman would obviously have to leave the NHL for a few weeks.

Nolan said Tuesday morning he hasn't discussed the situation with Sabres General Manager Tim Murray yet, but the coach said he'd be fine with letting Zadorov play. "It’s a tournament for teenagers, and Nikita right now he’s a teenager," Nolan said during his weekly radio appearance on WGR-AM 550. "He may look like a big man, but he’s still a teenager and it could be a great experience for him."

Rest Of The Article - http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2014/...eat-experience-zadorov-sabres-nolan-says-wgr/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad