Prospect Info: Nikita Zadorov (2013, 16th) – '14-15: Buffalo (NHL) – 2015: Graduated + traded to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I'm really, truly, surprised by the multiple posters who believe that any player, let alone a rookie on his ELC, should have the right to choose where he plays. He's their property, it's their choice.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm really, truly, surprised by the multiple posters who believe that any player, let alone a rookie on his ELC, should have the right to choose where he plays. He's their property, it's their choice.

We are talking 5 frickin games on a team that is horrible. I'm truly surprised anyone would take issue with it.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013

Let me try to clear up some of the surprise you are feeling. The sentiment is not that 19 year olds get free reigns of deciding how the team handle them, it's that there are benefits to both situation and that taking into account what the player himself feels might be the deciding factor.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
We are talking 5 frickin games on a team that is horrible. I'm truly surprised anyone would take issue with it.

That's not what I commented on. I don't think it makes sense to release him for the WJC but I understand most of the arguments for saying he should go, even if I disagree with them.

Let me try to clear up some of the surprise you are feeling. The sentiment is not that 19 year olds get free reigns of deciding how the team handle them, it's that there are benefits to both situation and that taking into account what the player himself feels might be the deciding factor.

I don't think any player should get that say, he's a member of the organization and it's not his choice to make, it's Murray's. The only time a player's choice should be in play, IMO, is if he is released and the organization then let him decide if he should go or not.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Being flexible now could pay huge dividends down the road when it comes to contract issues.

Let him play if he wants. It costs the Sabres essentially nothing to let him do so and would mean the world to him

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It's meaningless now anyways because of the injuries..he'll be staying.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Being flexible now could pay huge dividends down the road when it comes to contract issues.

Let him play if he wants. It costs the Sabres essentially nothing to let him do so and would mean the world to him

Hmm, interesting. Considering the reason he's even in the NHL to begin with, how much leeway do you think the Sabres should give?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

It will have zero impact on contract talks. No player is going to take less because the team let him play in the WJC. Thats silly.

Not to mention his camp basically forced him onto the NHL roster. Now we are supposed to let him leave to let him play in the WJC.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It will have zero impact on contract talks. No player is going to take less because the team let him play in the WJC. Thats illy.

Not to mention his camp basically forced him onto the NHL roster. Now we are supposed to let him leave to let him play in the WJC.

Both Nolan and Murray were open to him going and thought it would be great for him .... I can't believe people have an issue with having Zadorov decide if it's something he wanted to do or not.

Again the injuries put a kabosh to that so it's irrelevant.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Both Nolan and Murray were open to him going and thought it would be great for him .... I can't believe people have an issue with having Zadorov decide if it's something he wanted to do or not.

Again the injuries put a kabosh to that so it's irrelevant.

What issue am I having with it? I'm saying its silly to argue it wil help us in any way shape or form down the line with contract talks.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
What is this "leeway" you speak of?

He basically forced his way onto the team, not by performance but by using the CHL/AHL rule as leverage. Fortunately he's put in the work and it worked out but he didn't earn his NHL job based on what he did in the offseason and training camp.

So with that in mind, why should the Sabres care if the WJC decision makes him happier when the next contract negotiation is up?

Is it really that hard to believe that I simply think Zadorov, or any player, shouldn't have a say in this decision?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He basically forced his way onto the team, not by performance but by using the CHL/AHL rule as leverage. Fortunately he's put in the work and it worked out but he didn't earn his NHL job based on what he did in the offseason and training camp.

So with that in mind, why should the Sabres care if the WJC decision makes him happier when the next contract negotiation is up?

Is it really that hard to believe that I simply think Zadorov, or any player, shouldn't have a say in this decision?

Yes it's hard to believe. I think you are assuming an awful lot.

Murray came out and said he'd like to know Zadorovs thoughts on going or not. Of course he should have a say. And given the situation the Sabres were in I simply can not believe anyone would take such a stance. It's mind boggling frankly.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Judging by this Zadorov quote, he seems pretty comfortable with not doing the World Juniors....

“I’m playing here. With ‘Webby’ out, what’s the reason that you would send me? †Zadorov said. “I love my country and the chance to play for them. But I think it’s better for me to play in the best league in the world, so why send me somewhere? It’s better to play in the big time here and help my team win every gme.â€

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Judging by this Zadorov quote, he seems pretty comfortable with not doing the World Juniors....

“I’m playing here. With ‘Webby’ out, what’s the reason that you would send me? †Zadorov said. “I love my country and the chance to play for them. But I think it’s better for me to play in the best league in the world, so why send me somewhere? It’s better to play in the big time here and help my team win every game.â€

Damn you Zadorov
First his camp forces him onto the team, then he wants to win and now he won't leave.
The Russians have gone anti-tanking in retaliation for the economic sanctions.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Damn you Zadorov
First his camp forces him onto the team, then he wants to win and now he won't leave.
The Russians have gone anti-tanking in retaliation for the economic sanctions.

I don't know how, but Putin is involved. I just know it!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Agent 51. I bet there are photos of Zads and Putin together, shirtless, riding bears in Siberia during the winter.

4ULfCHI.jpg

Not photoshopped. He was looking in the direction of someone! Zadorov maybe?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's not what I commented on. I don't think it makes sense to release him for the WJC but I understand most of the arguments for saying he should go, even if I disagree with them.

I don't think any player should get that say, he's a member of the organization and it's not his choice to make, it's Murray's. The only time a player's choice should be in play, IMO, is if he is released and the organization then let him decide if he should go or not.

Had he not played in the WZjC last year I would be all for him going. If Reinhart made the team I'd be all for him going.

It's a great opportunity that not many get to do.

I with Zads going last tr I don't think he will gain anything going again.

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC

I feel quite certain that it does not benefit the Sabres to hold grudges. He's on the team. He's been one of the bigger contributors to their successes. How he got on the team no longer matters and the Sabres benefit from letting that be water under the bridge. Do you forget about it? No, but you don't factor it into future decisions you make about the development of this kid.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
He basically forced his way onto the team, not by performance but by using the CHL/AHL rule as leverage.

Your credibility is just obliterated when you say things like this.

Not only are you assuming there was some sort of concerted effort by Zadorov and his agent to loophole his way onto the Sabres without any real proof, you insist your speculation is accepted as undeniable fact. I'm not one to deny it's plausible, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence by overt insistence without real evidence.

and sure, the transfer problem is why he was here initially, but he certainly earned a spot on this team with his performance when he was actually given the chance to play.

He's already one of the 4 best defenders on the roster and he's 19. Consider cutting the kid a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad