Prospect Info: Nikita Zadorov (2013, 16th) – '14-15: Buffalo (NHL) – 2015: Graduated + traded to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@pham1717

Tim Murray said he just now is starting to think about Zadorov maybe playing for Russia in World Junior. Said he hasn't spoken to Nikita

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Do we have a lazy GM, or does he just like to procrastinate?

Complain for complaining's sake :shakehead. Why does it matter what Nurray says right now? He wouldn't leave the team tomorrow anyways.

That aside, I don't see justification for removing him from our current unit. No chance.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Send him. It's a nationalistic stage he won't get again until an Olympics.

Send him. If that's where his heart and mind will be regardless. He'll be following the games anyway if the Sabres don't send him. Texting friends / countrymen involved in the action, etc.

Send him. The incremental NHL games he might play in lieu of the WJC aren't going to matter in his long-term NHL trajectory / development.

Send him. Any influence he'd have on Sabres W-L record during that time as a 2nd-pairing D-man don't matter either to the Sabres.

Send him. Now that the real or imagined agent "threats" over 2014-15 Junior vs. NHL vs. return to Russia have passed due to his solid NHL play with Risto, sending him to the WJC should not be treated / viewed as a "demotion" or "lack of confidence".

Send him. The Tank needs refueling.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I mean, if he wants to go you kinda gotta let him go. I know, you don't HAVE to but the ramifications of not letting him go outweigh the the positives of keeping him in Buffalo. Do we need to outline all of the positives and negatives of each side?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Latvia was not even in the tournament ;)

They were still playing in one of the other divisions though. There was still a tournament they could have sent him to. And it would have been more important since Latvia with Girgensons would have better odds of promotion.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
They were still playing in one of the other divisions though. There was still a tournament they could have sent him to. And it would have been more important since Latvia with Girgensons would have better odds of promotion.

C'mon, no NHL team is going to release a player to play in the Division I tournament. NHL teams don't care about which country advances to the World Juniors next year. If Russia were in the Division I tournament (basically impossible, I know), this conversation wouldn't be happening because the Sabres would not entertain the idea.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Watching the Leafs game I see a lot of simarities between him and Dion Phaneuf, anyone else notice that?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watching the Leafs game I see a lot of simarities between him and Dion Phaneuf, anyone else notice that?

I haven't seen Zads throw the same sort of high hits that I did when Phaneuf was in junior or just starting out in the NHL. I suppose the big hit/big shot combo is certainly a parrallel.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 20m20 minutes ago
No decision made yet but BUF is seriously considering loaning Nikita Zadorov to RUS for WJC.

This will give Harrington something to do. He can write how "unethical" it is that they allowed Zadorov to go to WJC.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 20m20 minutes ago
No decision made yet but BUF is seriously considering loaning Nikita Zadorov to RUS for WJC.

This will give Harrington something to do. He can write how "unethical" it is that they allowed Zadorov to go to WJC.

Watch him say that it is favoritism that they are letting Zadorov go but not Ristolainen, and when corrected on eligibility rules he's block the corrector on Twitter.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
Do we have a lazy GM, or does he just like to procrastinate?

When you are fielding 8 calls a day from Ken Holland as he works through his middling prospect list,
it is eventually going to start to cut into your productivity.

Zadorov to the WJC is a strong move.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 5m
Zadorov tells me there's still no talks with GMTM about World Juniors. W/injuries here, he doesn't want to leave. (1/2)

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 3m
Zadorov: "I love my country and the chance to play for them. But this is the best league in the world. Why send me somewhere?" #Sabres

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 1m
More Zadorov: "It's better for me to play in the big time and to help my team win every game." #Sabres

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 5m
Zadorov tells me there's still no talks with GMTM about World Juniors. W/injuries here, he doesn't want to leave. (1/2)

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 3m
Zadorov: "I love my country and the chance to play for them. But this is the best league in the world. Why send me somewhere?" #Sabres

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 1m
More Zadorov: "It's better for me to play in the big time and to help my team win every game." #Sabres

Love the attitude

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Good, he benefits staying here playing 20 mins a night then going to play against junior kids. Only people that want him to go are the pro tank crowd.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
It's not like Buffalo's making the playoffs and Zadorov wouldn't be eligible for the WC either. Sure, he'll have competition from KHL'ers and NHL'ers (Nikitin, Tyutin, Kulikov, etc.), but it's still a possibility if he continues to play well at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca