Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
i suspect he will be moved to the left side by green the first time he fails to clear on the board because he is on his backhand. if not sooner.

This is my only legitimate fear about re-signing Tryamkin.

I'm all for a 2 year deal worth 1.6 a year. It's been my guess from day one if we sign him BUT the fact that Green INSISTS on playing guys on their proper sides worries me about the Rathbone/Juolevi issue.

Reactions: MarkMM

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
It could be an interesting pole question as to whether we prefer Tree or Hamonic at 1-2 years 1.5 to 2 million.

Personally, I prefer Tryamkin.

Tree all day long.

When Tree cross checks the forward in from of Demko........ Canucks will soon see much less traffic infront of their goalies...

Reactions: ChilliBilly

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
i suspect he will be moved to the left side by green the first time he fails to clear on the board because he is on his backhand. if not sooner.
we'll likely have Hughes, Schmidt, Juolevi, and Rathbone as left shooting D next year. I don't think it's that likely that our Coach would move younger guys like Hughes/Rathbone/Juolevi to the RD just to put Tree on his forehand.

Edit: Though I should add that I also see the benefit of mixing up handedness, though more on special teams. If a team has all left shots, then it's alot easier for the team on PK to take away the premium shot side for the PP. It's what Van did to Vegas las year in the POs.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It could be an interesting pole question as to whether we prefer Tree or Hamonic at 1-2 years 1.5 to 2 million.

So Tryamkin is going to replace Hamonic on the the QH's pairing..that'll be interesting ?
Hamonic will be around $3M..imo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Rathbone Schmidt
Hughes Tryamkin
Juolevi Myers

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
So Tryamkin is going to replace Hamonic on the the QH's pairing..that'll be interesting ?
Hamonic will be around $3M..imo
it's hard to say. if we could move salary maybe we could keep both. At the moment though I think Tree vs. Hamonic is a reasonable juxtaposition - and yes, this could mean a QH - Tree pairing (for which I hope Tree has improved his defence since he was first year, which many indicate is the case).

I would not sign Hamonic at 3 million, even if we had the space. too much for what he brings at his age IMO

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
it's hard to say. if we could move salary maybe we could keep both. At the moment though I think Tree vs. Hamonic is a reasonable juxtaposition - and yes, this could mean a QH - Tree pairing (for which I hope Tree has improved his defence since he was first year, which many indicate is the case).

I would not sign Hamonic at 3 million, even if we had the space. too much for what he brings at his age IMO
I disagree that NT is a better D man than Hamonic (i'm sure quite a few here would disagree)...Tanev was amazing as QH partner, Hamonic is a decent supplement.
Hamonic is playing 2nd line minutes, and tough minutes..Also playing 23+ minutes a night..$3M isnt out of the ballpark...His wage this season was a 'one off'.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I disagree that NT is a better D man than Hamonic (i'm sure quite a few here would disagree)...Tanev was amazing as QH partner, Hamonic is a decent supplement.
Hamonic is playing 2nd line minutes, and tough minutes..Also playing 23+ minutes a night..$3M isnt out of the ballpark...His wage this season was a 'one off'.
I can't argue in much detail Tree over Hamonic because I don't watch KHL so I'm not sure. I did not think, however, that Hamonic was very good in the first half of the season. He's starting to look better though and my opinion could change (i.e. ham vs tree) if he keeps it up until the end of the season, but I would still not pay him 3 million. He's been too meh, has less offense/passing than Tanev, and 3 mill is too much for me for what Hamonic brings, especially on the wrong side of 30. Tree certainly is more risk but he has dynamic elements to his game and reports suggest he is also very solid at defending. Along with clearing the crease and generally playing physical and attracting attention, he could be a good partner for Hughes. Considering less money for a younger player, i'd take the risk with Tryamkin.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

this is ok for me, no more no less, Tryamkin draws in as a number 7 and plays when needed.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Hughes Schmidt
Edler Myers
Juolevi Tryamkin

If the Canucks don't dip into the UFA market then i guess i would want this ^

Reactions: MarkMM

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
On an asset management point of view

You just have to sign Tryamkin, and then trade him away if he doesn't fit the roster.

Just cannot lose an asset like that.

Reactions: barriers and MarkMM
May 31, 2006
On an asset management point of view

You just have to sign Tryamkin, and then trade him away if he doesn't fit the roster.

Just cannot lose an asset like that.
More likely they cancel the contract and he goes back to Russia.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC

If our cap situation wasn't what it is then I'd be more open to re-signing Hamonic, and agree he's been a good fit at an artificially low price. But with our cap bloat we need to squeeze dollars where we can, and Tryamkin brings potential upside and is younger so it defaults to him.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The big Russian might be just using us as leverage to get a better deal with his current club (yes, I’m aware of the cap in Russia but given the corruption over there, I’m sure there are plenty of ‘off the books’ types of incentives that exist there-just speculating of course like the doctors who mysteriously fall out of windows).

Reactions: Zippgunn

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The big Russian might be just using us as leverage to get a better deal with his current club (yes, I’m aware of the cap in Russia but given the corruption over there, I’m sure there are plenty of ‘off the books’ types of incentives that exist there-just speculating of course like the doctors who mysteriously fall out of windows).
I agree the Russian league has issues with bonuses not being included in the cap, or side deals with players. That’s likely for the offensively gifted guys though. Not too sure Tree would get enough of a “bonus” to even come close making up the difference between the money he would make here, and there.
There 500 - 700 k one year deal
Here 1.5 - 2 million x 2,3 years.
I think we see Tree and Hamonic here next year. No Edler.

Reactions: theguardianII

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Just how well is Tryamkin playing in The KHL?
Here are his last 4 years in the K

20-21 Playoffs +4 21:00 TOI 5 games 2 PTs
20-21 Regular -3 20:50 TOI 60 games 15 PTs

19-20 Playoffs +1 22:40 TOI 5 games 2 PTs
19-20 Regular +10 19:50 TOI 58 games 12 PTs

18-19 Playoffs -1 21:30 TOI 9 games 2 PTs
18-19 Regular +12 20:30 TOI 41 games 11 PTs

17-18 Playoffs 0 21:50 TOI 6 games 0 PTs
17-18 Regular +12 21:10 TOI 51 games 25 PTs

So as the KHL goes........he's a Defensive Defenseman who plays tough minutes

I sure hope he can do the same in Vancouver next year

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I agree the Russian league has issues with bonuses not being included in the cap, or side deals with players. That’s likely for the offensively gifted guys though. Not too sure Tree would get enough of a “bonus” to even come close making up the difference between the money he would make here, and there.
There 500 - 700 k one year deal
Here 1.5 - 2 million x 2,3 years.
I think we see Tree and Hamonic here next year. No Edler.
No Edler unless he signs for Hamonic money.
No Hamonic, many more available in the expansion draft.

I'd do Stecher money for Tryamkin, even if he fails here he is coveted by Edmonton, Calgary, Vegas, Boston and several other teams that can't say his name but often refer to "Players that size that can skate are rare and don't come along very often" of something to that kind of thing. It is often when they are talking about big players.
Tryamkin skates like a 6'1" guy, much better than Myers, Edler or Juloevi and he can turn both ways (Juloevi) and play both sides.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Willie D’s winning % with us is better than Green’s. Maybe Tryamkin will hate Green more than he did Willie?

I'm chickling at the fact that several fans here are saying that the Canucks under Willie were a bad team (which they were) but I'm also guessing that this doesn't reduce the hatred they have for the guy. If Try wasn't good enough to play for that team what can he possibly do for this (considerably better) team? He hasn't even set the KHL on fire (unlike, say, Vancouver fan favorites Linden Vey or Philip Larsen). Hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad