Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
WE have so much tied up in Schmidt and Meyers we need to be very careful. For what they bring to the table, I would say a intelligent salary would be $3.75M For Meyers and $4.25M for Schmidt. Harmonic probably worth about $2.25 M, but bring a major discount for a NMC.

With that said, I would tie up Tryamkin for 5 years if he takes anything $1.5 M or under. Which I doubt.

Signing Tryamkin to a 5 year contract is not sensible but sure it could be a gamble that pays off.

I agree that Myers and Schmidt are overpaid. I do like Schmidt though.

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
For once, Craig Button is bang on. Anything more than 1.25 is a no for me. All these so-called "upside"s for a 27yo and people can forgive or ignore the downside of intangibles, personalities etc. Use all the leverage and wait. If he really wanna prove himself let him show it as a 6th/7th D.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
In a reversal of his comments when he left the team, it appears that the player is taking ownership of his behaviour.
"But what is interesting to note about Diamond’s comments is that the Tryamkin camp appears to be taking significant ownership regarding the previous fallout with the Canucks.
The 26-year-old is married and has a child now. He’s more mature, Diamond says, with a much bigger commitment to fitness.
“It’s a different person from the guy who left Vancouver four years ago,” said Diamond. “He’s made a commitment to being in shape, to being the best pro he can be, to having a good diet. He’s slimmed down significantly since then. He really is all in.” Rob Williams.

"Mature" and "slimmed down" Tryamkin wants to return to Canucks | Offside

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Some Canuck fans can be an unforgiving bunch.

A young Russian player who was dicked around by Willie D; playing on a truly terrible NHL team; grappling with a language barrier and homesick for Russia; decides to return home to play.

And four years later, he still hasn't earned a second chance in some people's minds.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

A young Russian player who was dicked around by Willie D; playing on a truly terrible NHL team; grappling with a language barrier and homesick for Russia; decides to return home to play.

And four years later, he still hasn't earned a second chance in some people's minds.

Other than the one guy above calling Tryamkin "A Bum", the last few pages are pretty much entirely of fans who would be willing to give Tryamkin another chance at the right price. And the right price is the key: he doesn't deserve a top-4 salary right off the bat nor can the Canucks afford to give him one. My own number would be around $1.5 million a year; if he's not willing to come back at more than twice what he could make in the KHL he's probably not invested enough to play for the Canucks.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I don't think that's the case at all. I don't think you'll find many here who would have a problem with him signing say a one year contract for the league minimum even if it's one way. It's just most of us suspect that it's not that easy. And I say this as a fan of Tryamkin and want him here.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don't get the fascination with this guy at all.

Other than the fact he wields a big stick (which I'm not even sure he uses to its max potential), nothing else makes one excited.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Other than the fact he wields a big stick (which I'm not even sure he uses to its max potential), nothing else makes one excited.
I think the reason people are intrigued with Tryamkin, has a lot more to do with the current Canuck defense than anything else. I mean look at this blueline.

Other than Hughes, it's pretty terrible. And they're still leaning heavily on a 35-year old veteran in Edler who's well past his 'best before' date. Myers and Schmidt will be on the north side of 30 next season, and the rest are either 'suspects' or 'prospects'.

The bar is set so low, that signing Tryamkin for even mid-range money can't possibly makes things any worse.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the imac bit during the game last night was revealing. the statement that they do not know if he can help the team to me indicates he may be offered a fully buriable one year contract.

so if he is good, he gets to enjoy the fruits of free agency.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
The team wasn't even trying to compete when Desjardins was coaching the team. He was just a placement coach. Everybody on those teams looked terrible, so I'm not going to judge Tryamkin on that. There's been plenty of KHL signings that end up being regular 3rd-pairing/3rd liners like Ilya Lyubushkin, Artem Zub, Vladislav Gavrikov. That's what we should expect.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The team wasn't even trying to compete when Desjardins was coaching the team. He was just a placement coach. Everybody on those teams looked terrible, so I'm not going to judge Tryamkin on that. There's been plenty of KHL signings that end up being regular 3rd-pairing/3rd liners like Ilya Lyubushkin, Artem Zub, Vladislav Gavrikov. That's what we should expect.
Willie D’s winning % with us is better than Green’s. Maybe Tryamkin will hate Green more than he did Willie?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

He's big, strong, skates well for his size, has a long reach, and he knows how to defend. He can also be an intimidating presence. Still remember Richardson trying to duck away from Tryamkin and falling awkwardly. He also makes other players angry because he somehow just levels the other team's players.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Willie D’s winning % with us is better than Green’s. Maybe Tryamkin will hate Green more than he did Willie?
I'm not in the locker room, so I don't know for sure what goes on. I heard what Prust said on a podcast about Desjardins, he said Willie was not passionate enough for a coach and didn't call out players playing poorly. I should note that Prust played only 1 season with us.

1:16

Reactions: Luckylarry

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
IMO he's in the prove yourself category. I have no expectations above a #6/7 at this stage. Of course his size and mobility are enticing. But he just hasn't given himself the chance to prove it at the NHL level. If he had stayed, he would either be a top 4 D-man in the league or back in the KHL. He did himself a disservice by leaving, at least as far as hockey career goes. Now, if he wants to come back, it's time to prove himself all over again. 1 year contract at $1M. If he shows he's more than a #6/7, he'll have teams tripping over themselves to sign him next summer as a UFA.

I'd also be ok with the team buying a UFA year by going 2x$1.2M. But I doubt he would sign for that and I wouldn't go higher or longer.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm not in the locker room, so I don't know for sure what goes on. I heard what Prust said on a podcast about Desjardins, he said Willie was not passionate enough for a coach and didn't call out players playing poorly. I should note that Prust played only 1 season with us.

I would also note that Willie is known as a player's coach. He isn't an ass like Prust.

"Passion is subjective." When Torts was here he didn't even bother to live in the same country as his players.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
From what I've heard..Trymkin had no problems with Willie (other than he wished he had more ice time), he did not like Doug Lidster (Canucks D coach at the time).

Reactions: Luckylarry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad