Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Gallagher, I wouldn't touch.
Gallagher has 3 more years on a very good contract and if we can get a very good return i would trade him. I am for trading Shaw, who is similar as Gallagher with a little less talent, and seems well liked. I would like to know the returns for Pacioretty and Gallagher.
Gallagher isnt winning here so send him somewhere where he will.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Gallagher has 3 more years on a very good contract and if we can get a very good return i would trade him. I am for trading Shaw, who is similar as Gallagher with a little less talent, and seems well liked. I would like to know the returns for Pacioretty and Gallagher.

Shaw? Definitely. I think he and Patches should be goners. I like Shaw well enough but we have enough wingers like him well we have enough wingers period. We'd be rid of his contract (which isn't looking so awful but I really think he could be cheaply replaced) and he'd get a half decent return.

It just sucks to think instead of Shaw we could have Radulov for a couple million more. Ugh.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Keep Gallagher, trade Patches and Shaw and Plekanec and Shaw, and Benn, and Morrow, and Niemi.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
First time I see a kid of his age dominating the AHL like he is and not being called by a bottom 5 team.

I've never seen that ever. It's a first for me.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What a stupid decision.

The season is dead in the NHL, the players are lifeless, the team is bad. Bringing up a kid who's finally dominating down in the AHL, who's call-up early in the season derailed it by getting injured, to put him into this situation?

Leave him in the AHL, let him dominate the entire season and have him bring that confidence into next year.

anigif_enhanced-25315-1422851874-4.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Lol......you wanna kill his offence, put him on Plekanec's line, that should pretty much neutralize any creativity that he has.
Lol but there's no way CJ would do that and risk going over his 10min icetime restriction on Scherbak

Reactions: Justin11

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Habs might as well see what they have with the kid. He's been playing great in the AHL. He deserves a call-up.

I'd like to see him with Pacioretty. Kid is an awesome playmaker/passer.

Year is over. Get the kids some experience & start trading vets.

Reactions: sharks9

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
As a fan who wants to enjoy the games as best as possible over the weekend, seeing where Scherbak is at will be one of a few things to look forward to.

But, really I think it's better for him to spend the entire year playing 17-18 minutes in all situations. Still, I think he's ready for the NHL, hockey wise. I just think he may not be ready physically and therefore get injured again.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
What a stupid decision.

The season is dead in the NHL, the players are lifeless, the team is bad. Bringing up a kid who's finally dominating down in the AHL, who's call-up early in the season derailed it by getting injured, to put him into this situation?

Leave him in the AHL, let him dominate the entire season and have him bring that confidence into next year.

Well it's the opposite Habs so we've come to expect such things now. :nod: If a decision makes sense to everyone else they end up doing the exact opposite and vice versa.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not crazy about the call up at this very moment. I would prefer he continues playing big minutes in Laval (even if their season is lost, as well). I would rather see him up either after the deadline or after a trade is made.

However, a move may be in the works because according to CapFriendly, Habs have the maximum of 23 roster spots taken up. They haven't confirmed Scherbak's call up yet (he's still listed in the Non-Roster Players list. So with Scherbak, that makes 24. Someone needs to move out. The only other possible way to make room for him is by placing Danault on IR. That would create a spot for Scherbak.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What a stupid decision.

Can't disagree more on that one. This guy is waivers material next year. You need to know what he can do. And he has already dominating his time in the AHL this year. And it's not like this Rocket team is firing all cylinders, they too will be missing the playoffs. You need to know what he can do. And as far as I'M concerned, while this team is terrible, I don't see how incredibly different it will be next year.....Bergevin is still the GM until proven otherwise. So there is a way, even if he'll get scored on, that you can see through this bad time, if he could be a NHL'er. If you wait till next year and only uses preseason to determine whether he's ready or not.....we will then take another bad decision, especially since those preseason games are played with half of a NHL roster.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
My guess is that they want to see how he does in the NHL before they make some trades at the end of the month.

This doesn't guarantee he'll stay up the rest of the year, but a closer look against tougher competition can't hurt.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not crazy about the call up at this very moment. I would prefer he continues playing big minutes in Laval (even if their season is lost, as well). I would rather see him up either after the deadline or after a trade is made.

However, a move may be in the works because according to CapFriendly, Habs have the maximum of 23 roster spots taken up. They haven't confirmed Scherbak's call up yet (he's still listed in the Non-Roster Players list. So with Scherbak, that makes 24. Someone needs to move out. The only other possible way to make room for him is by placing Danault on IR. That would create a spot for Scherbak.

I expect Danault to go on IR. He has a concussion & is out indefinitely. Doubt it's a trade or anything interesting.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can't disagree more on that one. This guy is waivers material next year. You need to know what he can do. And he has already dominating his time in the AHL this year. And it's not like this Rocket team is firing all cylinders, they too will be missing the playoffs. You need to know what he can do. And as far as I'M concerned, while this team is terrible, I don't see how incredibly different it will be next year.....Bergevin is still the GM until proven otherwise. So there is a way, even if he'll get scored on, that you can see through this bad time, if he could be a NHL'er. If you wait till next year and only uses preseason to determine whether he's ready or not.....we will then take another bad decision, especially since those preseason games are played with half of a NHL roster.

He's a first round pick, he'll be on the NHL roster next year and then you can see what you have in him. What is coming into this mess going to tell you? if you think you're going to get a real read on this prospect coming into a toxic, depleted environment, where the people who he will be playing with have already given up, then you're going to end up making the wrong decision on the player anyways.

Keep him away and see what he has next year. At least there's a better chance of him coming into camp with his best foot forward after an entire dominant year, rather than a fragmented one like he's -again- enduring.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Feel bad for the kid. He'd probably already be a good regular on any team with respectable development.

Reactions: VAN-HAB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad