Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I’ve always liked this kid, from his first interviews in french, he was a riot. I hope it works out for him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
tumblr_nkyzy31eEk1toogvwo2_250.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I remember when this was WTK's avatar for the longest time. Nicely done.

On another level, I was at Sherbak's last home game in Laval and I saw the goal he scored in that game, entering the zone on his left and near the top of the faceoff circle, he slowed his pace a little while dragging his feet to the left, causing the D to shift with him and the goalie to move and all of sudden, he unleashed a laser of a shot that hit the top right corner. He has that kind of ability.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Sherbak look nervous, but not out of place. It will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next few games ... and this applies to McCarron, too.

If either one of them can contribute meaningfully on this team, it would be a welcome edition. But they still have to prove it, and they haven’t done enough... yet.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Haven't seen him in bare legs this year but last year he had pretty skinny legs. Hope he bulked up a bit over last season. He needs that lower body strength.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I hope he's here to stay.

He's put his time in the AHL and he's 21 years old now. He has the size, speed and skills to be an NHL player, but consistency will be key.

Hopefully he's given a chance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It was reported that when he was first cut at camp, he didn't take it well. But he didn't let it drag him down. He realized that he's at a crossroads in the sense that if he wants to make it in the NHL, there are things he needs to work on.

Lefebvre mentioned that this year, when he joined the Rocket camp, he could tell Scherbak had a different mindset. He also noticed that he was doing things off the ice that showed he was taking it seriously.

And it shows.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Loved his effort tonight, as others mentioned hopefully he can get some PP time soon.

Still hope he can get stronger, he was getting pushed around a bit but the kid is still only 21 so he'll be fine.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I liked his game yesterday. You see the potential. He needs to have more confidence. You feel like he's restraining himself. Let it free Nikita.

Reactions: dralaf

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Thought he was very good the little he played yesterday...

I'd like to see what McCarron and Scherbak could do in an extended look.

Hemsky is out and Mitchell is done...start the transition.

Next up to be out...Tomas Plekanec

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Something seemed to click for Sherback since the start of the season. From dominating AHL to this game, hopefully it continues

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not a fan of Lefebvre, but maybe it’s because of him that something finally clicked with Scherbak. Some type of discussion.

Also the kid needs to bulk up. He got destroyed a couple of times yesterday.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And people say we have development problems. Scherbak's only issue is he needs to bulk up to avoid the injuries he has been facing since turning pro. He has the size, skill, and skating package to be a dynamic player for us. His injuries held back his development.

AHL stats: 23pts/48 games and 41pts/66 games. Lets hope he stays healthy!

Also, I thought we tried him at center in his 1st season? Is he worth a look at center? Or is he a winger who plays opposite side of where he shoots?

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
He has talent and for a team lacking big time talent, he stood out.
Hopefully guys like Shaw/Gallagher/Plekanec take a back seat and let our talent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad