Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No, I think he was absorbing Smith's soul.

It's not a smile. That's for sure.

You guys were right. Here's the real pic without editing:

qjwotzt.png

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
You guys were right. Here's the real pic without editing:

qjwotzt.png

Best thing I have seen in a long time. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice article online today about Kucherov:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news....rns&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Have to say, I'm really loving the fact that Kuch is being quoted more and more often in these, and actually doing some interviews now, too. Major props to him for how fast he's picked up English - not an easy task, especially given the fact that it's a completely different alphabet. Personally, if I were dropped in Moscow to my own devices, it would be a lot longer than a year or two before I could give a coherent answer with a microphone shoved in my face. Clearly he's a smart kid, and I think being confident with his language skills here probably boosts his overall confidence, and that probably spills over onto the ice for him. He's more comfortable overall here, and will only make him better and better. This will be his breakout year. :D

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Man I love this kid. 7 points (4 goals) in his last 5 games - can't blame him for the terrible results of late.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Realllllly hope Yzerman is planning to show this kid the money. I know he's gonna want to focus on keeping Stammer around and that's where most of the cashola is going to go, but I think Kuch might just be the team's future. And #86 might not have such a soft spot for Toronto, either. ;)

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I wish I had the patience to search and dig up some of my old posts when it came to Kucherov. I know I was gushing over him way back when.

Was always gonna be a stud.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I wish I had the patience to search and dig up some of my old posts when it came to Kucherov. I know I was gushing over him way back when.

Was always gonna be a stud.

Just go read robertguess's posts, he was touting him as the second coming lol

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Maybe the the steal of that draft. Going 58th overall. Everyone was sure he would never leave Russia, except SFY.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I drafted in him in at least 2 of my leagues just because of how insane Robert was about him.

Would love to bump some of his main board posts just for the fun of it.

And I wish he'd post more. Know he was having issues but he was always fun to read.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Would love to bump some of his main board posts just for the fun of it.

And I wish he'd post more. Know he was having issues but he was always fun to read.

He was saying on Facebook that he is having some computer issues. Something about the screen going. As far as I know he's doing ok health wise :)

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe the the steal of that draft. Going 58th overall. Everyone was sure he would never leave Russia, except SFY.

Yzerman has more cojones than other gms by taking Kucherov and the other Russians. Clearly he evaluated the risks with his brain trust and look at the gem of a player we have in Kucherov.

In Y we trust.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Just go read robertguess's posts, he was touting him as the second coming lol

Yeah but to be fair Robert is like that about every single one of our prospects. They will all pan out to be top 6 elite guys or top 4 dmen etc. haha. Love his posts sometimes but he's a bit overzealous sometimes.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
He was saying on Facebook that he is having some computer issues. Something about the screen going. As far as I know he's doing ok health wise :)

Yeah I got that as well. Also he's always seeming to be selling computers/computer parts. Kind of missed our hockey talks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad