Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
In a thread on the main boards "Max Pacioretty 5 on 5 Beast" it was mentioned that he was snubbed from the ASG because he's such a beast.

I compared him to Nikita Kucherov(smaller sample size of course as he hasn't been in the league as long). By every measurable, Kucherov not being named to the ASG is a bigger snub. Got told by the habs fans that no one would take Kucherov over MaxPac at this point. I disagree. I was specifically told that Yzerman would "drive Kucherov to the Airport himself."

So, how many of you would take Pacioretty over Kucherov at this point?

Original Post:
Max Pacioretty 5v5 this season:

G/60 = 1.5
P/60 = 2.5
CF% = 51.37%
PDO = 106
ZSO%Rel = 17.1% Offensive Zone Start relative to team.
24 Points averaging 14min TOI/Gm

Pretty stout numbers, but lets compare him to another winger who didn't get to go to the ASG.

Nikita Kucherov 5v5 this season:

G/60 = 1.6
P/60 = 3.4
CF% = 58.5%
PDO = 103.6
ZSO%Rel = 7% Offensive Zone Start relative to team
29 Points averaging 12min TOI/Gm

Nikita doesn't kill penalties and hasn't had PP1 time until very recently(last 2 games).

Favorable zone starts go to MaxPac at 5on5 vs. all of the players on the TKO line as Cooper essentially rolls all the lines. If you compare All Star Tyler Johnson's 5v5 numbers to Max's, Max comes up quite a bit short.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In a thread on the main boards "Max Pacioretty 5 on 5 Beast" it was mentioned that he was snubbed from the ASG because he's such a beast.

I compared him to Nikita Kucherov(smaller sample size of course as he hasn't been in the league as long). By every measurable, Kucherov not being named to the ASG is a bigger snub. Got told by the habs fans that no one would take Kucherov over MaxPac at this point. I disagree. I was specifically told that Yzerman would "drive Kucherov to the Airport himself."

So, how many of you would take Pacioretty over Kucherov at this point?

Original Post:

Oh but Kuch is clearly riding the coattails of Tyler Johnson, he is Chris Kunitzing his way to the top. :sarcasm:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think Kucherov is a huge snub. Not so much because of what he's doing this year, which obviously is enough to get the invite, but because this is just how All Star games work. It's usually a combination of what a player is doing this year and what he's done in the past. If Kucherov maintains his current level of play and doesn't get the invite next year, THEN it'll be a massive snub. As of this year it looks like it basically came down to Kucherov vs. Stamkos, and they went with Stamkos.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Oh but Kuch is clearly riding the coattails of Tyler Johnson, he is Chris Kunitzing his way to the top. :sarcasm:

Yeah, Kuch is riding the coattails of Johnson, who's riding the coattails of Palat, who's also riding the coattails of Johnson, who's riding the coattails of Kucherov.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I don't think Kucherov is a huge snub. Not so much because of what he's doing this year, which obviously is enough to get the invite, but because this is just how All Star games work. It's usually a combination of what a player is doing this year and what he's done in the past. If Kucherov maintains his current level of play and doesn't get the invite next year, THEN it'll be a massive snub. As of this year it looks like it basically came down to Kucherov vs. Stamkos, and they went with Stamkos.

Fact is the sample size is small I agree.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, Kuch is riding the coattails of Johnson, whose riding the coattails of Palat, whose also riding the coattails of Johnson, whose riding the coattails of Kucherov.

Who are all riding on the coattails of Stamkos who is drawing the toughest assignments.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, Kuch is riding the coattails of Johnson, whose riding the coattails of Palat, whose also riding the coattails of Johnson, whose riding the coattails of Kucherov.

TKO is clearly riding the coattails of Stamkos. :laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Kucherov vs Tarasenko poll was ridiculously lopsided too. Kucherov is only 3 points behind right now, he's a year and a half younger and only in his 2nd season compared to Tarasenko's 3rd. He's about to pass Tarasenko's points from last season in 20 less games. I guess Stamkos' shadow has drowned out the rest of the team nationally.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
So it's safe to say, since none of you actually answered my question, none of you think Yzerman would "drive Kucherov to the airport himself" if offered Pacioretty straight up?

$4.5m AAV vs. $711,000, ELC, RFA. Clearly small sample size, but trending in the right direction. I personally think there's more in the tank for Kucherov as well and he's only 21.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So it's safe to say, since none of you actually answered my question, none of you think Yzerman would "drive Kucherov to the airport himself" if offered Pacioretty straight up?

$4.5m AAV vs. $711,000, ELC, RFA. Clearly small sample size, but trending in the right direction. I personally think there's more in the tank for Kucherov as well and he's only 21.

Yeah, as "homer" as it sounds, there are only a handful of forwards in the league I'd trade Kucherov for. Too much upside. I feel like his ceiling gets slightly higher week by week.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Tarasenko is a hell of a player but so is Kuch. Can't go wrong with either, but I'll happily keep the horse I've got.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
We all ready know who Kuch is now and his ceiling is really high. lets go for the homer with this guy and keep him for sure. I have said this before I think he will give Stamkos a run for his money one of these years. he's got it and he has not even cashed in yet on the power play cash box for goal scorers (wait for when that unfolds).

And our defenders will only get better with those cross ice passes to him for those break aways. although he needs to still pop them in. lol ... and this TKO line has not even come close to their potential. (how many games has the 3 played together)? idk maybe 30. (that is not a lot)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

**** Patches

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
TKO is clearly riding the coattails of Stamkos. :laugh:

darthkuch_zpsd2df7aa0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad