Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Not giving up on him by any means, but do our reporters interview him and ask what he's been doing at all??He's been assisting wrong guys for quite some time.

C'mon dude time to wake up...
tenor.gif

edit:1000th message on his thread sorry I didn't know that. Well good luck Kuch, really.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not giving up on him by any means, but do our reporters interview him and ask what he's been doing at all??He's been assisting wrong guys for quite some time.

C'mon dude time to wake up...
tenor.gif

edit:1000th message on his thread sorry I didn't know that. Well good luck Kuch, really.

All I can see after seeing that cat is Kuch texting "wake up homie" to Stamkos at like 5 AM.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you re-watch Stamkos-Kucheorv plays from early last year Kuch was pulling the trigger a lot, he was around goal per game the first dozen games of the season. He's somehow got it in his head he needs to make every play a highlight reel. There's a lot less urgency in his game this season, he thinks guys will respect him and back off when nobody really cares and just plays him fast & hard forcing him to make dumb passes and turnovers.

Shame that his biggest weakness isn't something physical or a skill that he can't just "learn", but more mental lapses.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Any update on the injury? "Kucherov in considerable pain after blocking shot"

Well he went back out there and scored the next period. I dont think they would put him out there if they didnt think he was fine. Then again, hockey players are tough. I was at the game and after the injury happened Kuch went to the dressing room and then not too long later he was back out on the bench. Then the trainer or whoever it was called him back in and he didnt look too thrilled about it. These guys just want to play.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't know if there are new trends in shin/knee guards or what, but this is about the 4th guy I've seen this year go down like he's shot from an innocent-looking puck to a vulnerable spot inside the knee. One of them was actually a slash, and, for a second, just looked like a blatant dive. It took a few extra angles to show the slash, which looked really light. There was a mainboard thread about it. Whatever the case, always seems to be a stinger with no lasting effects.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He looks like he's waking up about 8 minutes before gametime and then taking naps on the bench. He always used a lot of "dynamics" to his advantage. Like, instantaneous changes in speeds, and different/quirky shot selection. But right now it seems like he can't turn it up all the way or something, and he's operating at that gliding pace more as the norm rather than as a way to lull the opponent to sleep. It's more like he's the one sleeping now.

It would be nice to have him back, given the way the rest of the team is playing right now. We've had this success while none of our three biggest names have been at the top of their game. Stamkos appears to be just coming around now; Hedman's been good, but not monstrous; and Kucherov looks like he'd rather be in his garage.

I wonder if, this past off-season, rather than shooting pucks out there, he installed a life-size cut-out of Stamkos, and spent the summer passing to him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The first few Flyers highlights for last game against Philly are actually all just Kucherov f***ups (giveaways and fumbles). WTH is wrong with him? Still PPG though to top it all off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's the new Stamkos. :sarcasm:

It does feel like that. Last year it seemed like half the team (Stamkos for sure) was feeding off Kucherov's beastmode play in the first half. 12 months later and it feels like Kucherov's feeding off the rest of the team being on their A-game more nights than not. He's sneezing out points while being way more "off" than "on."

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It does feel like that. Last year it seemed like half the team (Stamkos for sure) was feeding off Kucherov's beastmode play in the first half. 12 months later and it feels like Kucherov's feeding off the rest of the team being on their A-game more nights than not. He's sneezing out points while being way more "off" than "on."

Could you imagine this team with beast mode Kuch??

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could you imagine this team with beast mode Kuch??

Yeah, I know. And I mean, he's still making some great plays, like his pass to TJ last game was nice, and TJ seems to need a perfect feed to get a one-timer off. His points aren't really pedestrian points. It's just his bad plays vastly outnumber his good plays. He's not creating a lot of chances that don't go in, but that's kind of a red flag.

Reactions: CupsOverCash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad