Jun 22, 2011

0aojSNR.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
17 points in his last 5 games.

34 in his last 15.

51 in his last 23.

(I could be off by a point or two. Just quick counting.)

Lolaimbot

Nov 20, 2016
Really rooting for him to win the ross this year. When he is on it sometimes looks like he can actually "control time" slowing it down and speeding it up an maybe slowing down again before making a play that leads to a goal.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
With 18 points in 52 games as a rookie, Kuch is now 3 points shy of a PPG career.
He was 62 points away from PPG after his first three seasons and has now caught up in 2 and a half seasons.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
What a terrible rookie campaign!!!11

If i remember correctly he was often playing fourth line minutes though. He was creating chances, just the players he was playing with couldn't cash in on them. TKO wasn't formed until the next year, and only due to necessity because of injuries. Once he had team-mates that can some what keep up with him mentally (Palat, and Johnson) he took off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If i remember correctly he was often playing fourth line minutes though. He was creating chances, just the players he was playing with couldn't cash in on them. TKO wasn't formed until the next year, and only due to necessity because of injuries. Once he had team-mates that can some what keep up with him mentally (Palat, and Johnson) he took off.

And, crazily enough, he still didn't get much PP time.

...Maybe that was a Steve Thomas decision, I don't know, but even in hindsight, a lot of the coaching decisions were pretty questionable through those years. Like Filppula over Kucherov, when Kuch was clearly emerging as a star player.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
funny that you mention a bolt not cashing in on his chances and mention palat as something other than that. dang, i remember when palat had an offensive game haha

side note: im pretty sure i saw a stat that says palat gets his shot blocked at the highest rate of any forward in the NHL. idk what that means, likely poor shot selection.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Palat has been quite a non-factor this season despite his semi decent point totals. I guess he should start picking his game up soon since it's January already.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Palat has been quite a non-factor this season despite his semi decent point totals. I guess he should start picking his game up soon since it's January already.
That's right. Because only three things in life are certain: Death, taxes, and second-half Palat.

Reactions: Bolt32

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I thought he was one of our more effective players vs. SJ. Had some decent chances and flubbed on them. But, earlier in the year, he wasn't even getting those. The Stamkos line is probably going to need Miller, or some other puck distributor. Palat's more a glue guy on a line than a passer or shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad