Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I dont see it. Kucherov might have more raw talent than Marty but Marty was a guy that would lead a team into battle and physically do whatever it took to win. Marty was a killer. Kuch is way more finesse.

Marty had HoF talent and HoF heart/desire. Kuch has the talent but not many players have that desire.

Reactions: Fixxer and Hoek

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah I agree with everything above. Kucherov could pass Marty as being the better player, but unless something drastically changes, Marty will still be the greatest Bolt ever even after everyone from our current roster has retired.
I am as big a fan of MSL as anyone. I watched pretty much all of his games as a Bolt and fully understand the hardware that he accumulated. Calgary Game 6 will forever replay in my dreams every night for the rest of my life. The bar that he set is immensely high. And I agree, he unlikely will he surpassed in terms of our franchise’s Mount Rushmore given his trophy collection.

It is crazy, though, that Kuch and Stammer will likely eclipse his career point total. What is most striking is that Kuch has 385 points already (while on pace for another 100 point season) and he is the SAME age as MSL when he had his first full NHL season. Stammer, Kuch and Heddy have a lot of chapters left to write. It is all setting up to be quite exciting.

Reactions: Stamper

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I am as big a fan of MSL as anyone. I watched pretty much all of his games as a Bolt and fully understand the hardware that he accumulated. Calgary Game 6 will forever replay in my dreams every night for the rest of my life. The bar that he set is immensely high. And I agree, he unlikely will he surpassed in terms of our franchise’s Mount Rushmore given his trophy collection.

It is crazy, though, that Kuch and Stammer will likely eclipse his career point total. What is most striking is that Kuch has 385 points already (while on pace for another 100 point season) and he is the SAME age as MSL when he had his first full NHL season. Stammer, Kuch and Heddy have a lot of chapters left to write. It is all setting up to be quite exciting.

Not really? These guys have been in the NHL at 18/20, a lot of people will pass MSL in career points the only impressive thing is the fact the guy managed to have a 1000+ point career starting as old as Yanni Gourde is right now.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Not really? These guys have been in the NHL at 18/20, a lot of people will pass MSL in career points the only impressive thing is the fact the guy managed to have a 1000+ point career starting as old as Yanni Gourde is right now.
To be sure, MSL’s path was unorthodox and the production he had in his 30s was extremely impressive. No one can argue to the contrary.

But you unfairly downplay the pace that both Kuch and Stammer are on in terms of their career totals. Not many players - as you suggest - will pass MSL’s career totals. To date, only 87 players in the history of the NHL have touched 1,000 points. It is a feat that VL, who entered the league at 18, did not even accomplish - granted Cooke played a role there. In any event, we have 2 players on our current roster who may do so (though admittedly have a long way to go) and have put together great careers thus far.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think his legacy to the sport is even greater than his legacy to the team. Without question he paved the way for all the sub-6' guys today and our brand of hockey that brought us the cup shoehorned changes that were being pushed in the following CBA's.

Reactions: Stamper and Hoek

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What is Kuch/Stammers pace of goals/points compared to MSL and Vinny in terms of games played?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Stranger passing by: Im sure Panarin wants to play in Tampa but without doing any research Im nearly certain that there is no cap space for him. Although I could be wrong + god knows what the management thinks about it.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
sneeze-gif-7740089.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad