Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Lightning' started by garnetpalmetto, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DFC Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I don't find he makes a lot of lethal turnovers. Usually, they just lead to a loss of possession, rather than a genuine scoring chance. I'm not saying those don't happen, but it's not with any kind of regularity. Usually it's more like, our entire board is saying, "Please don't try to force this puck through three players to Stamkos Kucher--DAMN IT!" And then the opposing PK clears the puck.

2. TheDaysOf 04 [ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  3. Sky04 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    This year there are a TON, because he's causing them much closer to the offensive blueline which is pretty much a clean break away after.

4. bigdaddio Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    He may still evolve as a player. There was a time 3-4 years ago when Stammer was just an automatic dispossess when checked. The last year or two he's worked on his game and is much stronger on the puck.

Right now, Kuck is like old Stammer. If he can't dance away from a check, he's losing the puck. I think Kuch has it in him as he's actually pretty good at stealing and retrieving pucks.

5. bov Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The one difference with Stamkos is that even when he's playing terribly, he grits his teeth and still competes hard without unraveling completely. And that's after some serious setbacks, not just normal gameplay situations. What concerns me with Kucherov is that his frustration visibly gets the best of him quite often, and it creates even more of a target on his back. Nobody is denying his impressive point toals or obvious skillset, but when the going gets tough, he has lots of room to mature imo.