Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov has points in all the last 17 games he played. Nobody's talking about it because the streak isn't official, as he missed a game when he was injuried.

But that's a long ass point streak
He isn't on a canandian , named McJesus , or Matthews the savior of Toronto. Why would they talk about it?

Reactions: Zwui21 and Master P

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Does he just not shoot anymore. He used to tee off on shots from everywhere. Specially on the PP but now hes always looking for that pass/set up. Its disappointing specially with Stammer out who's become a trigger man again as of late.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Players who make lots of plays tend to have a high giveaway rate. It would be more interesting to see the number compared to successfully connected plays.
True but no skill player gives the puck away as much as Kuch.

It’s absolutely ridiculous some games how often he gives it away. Let’s be real here.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

It’s absolutely ridiculous some games how often he gives it away. Let’s be real here.
According to fox sports, he’s #1 undisputed champion of giveaways on the lightning. Which supports your cognitive bias. But he’s also #6 on the team in takeaways, which supports my theory.

It seems to keep being easier to shittalk kucherov on this board, but I’ll keep fighting the hegemonic discourse

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

You're wrong. To add to this: Kuch is 1st on the Bolts in giveaways with 59 total GA and 2.8 GA/GP. As our main play maker. Not surprising Hedman is 2nd on the team in giveaways, Sergachev 3rd. Terrible players, right?

Kuch ranks 53th in total GA in the NHL and 105th in GA/GP.

NHL.com Stats - have fun!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
His giveaways are annoying but they're magnified because of how often he has the puck, same goes for the primary puck carrier on most teams. That's not my issue with him, it's his ability to maintain calm in tight games, which for some reason is an ability he seems to have lost since getting better. Guys must get a kick out of Kucherov throwing temper tantrums in the corner when they play him hard.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
His giveaways are annoying but they're magnified because of how often he has the puck, same goes for the primary puck carrier on most teams. That's not my issue with him, it's his ability to maintain calm in tight games, which for some reason is an ability he seems to have lost since getting better. Guys must get a kick out of Kucherov throwing temper tantrums in the corner when they play him hard.
I think players get away with a lot against him now and he hasnt compensated. NHL is a weird sport where superstars get fewer calls and he just hasn't sucked it up yet.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Didn't see the game but I saw his cute little tantrum on the bench when Halpern was chewing him out. Take Kuch's PP time away for now. Seriously. Send a message. This whole extra bad "I'm Russian I look to pass" bull he's been doing for months was on my last damn nerve as far back as the Avs game and I'll be damned if he isn't getting worse about his turnovers.

There is stretches in Kucherov's play where he's as bad as Stamkos pre "ruined the game vs Nashville" only difference is Stamkos couldn't sneeze a point

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
PP is god awful. Everyone just passes. No shooter.

Kuch needs to shoot the bloody puck from everywhere and anywhere, like last year. This team passes way too much, it's frustrating

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
PP is god awful. Everyone just passes. No shooter.

Kuch needs to shoot the bloody puck from everywhere and anywhere, like last year. This team passes way too much, it's frustrating

It's as much a player problem as it is a coaching problem right now. Someone needs to get through to him and hold him accountable. It's utterly f***ing ridiculous that we have to practically re-invent the wheel because Kucherov doesn't want to shoot. It would be more practical to use these last dozen games to get him in more of a shooting mentality than to keep rolling the dungeons and dragons dice on what configuration and what players are gonna go out there. But if the PP continues to falter into the playoffs and we're just praying for Stamkos to come back, we're gonna have a hell of a round 1. It's utterly ridiculous that something as fundamental as a PP with as much talent as we have needs to be this difficult. And yet here we are....

I swear, discovering that long-range, cross-ice pass to Stamkos in 2017 was the absolute worst thing that could have happened to Kucherov. It worked to perfection at first. And then once he got a taste of it he got so bad with his overpassing he had to be split from Stamkos for about a year. And nowadays he just doubles down on it and figures he can throw the puck anywhere. And the sad part is, defense are expecting it now. Literally the only time he actually tries to shoot anymore is when the net is either empty or the goalie is so far out of position, an empty net is a formality.

The coaching staff needs to keep tearing into him on the bench. I don't care how mad he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad