Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is really sad to listen to some fans not here so much but yahoo facebook etc... how he needs to be traded... how he hurts us??? plus minus 26 marner is plus 6 tavares -7 stamkos lifetime is bad kucherov is always good on this stat so he must be doing something right

also he plays no defense or two way play even though he has more takeaways then anyone else on the team smdh

Reactions: kuch

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Wonder if he's shooting pucks in his garage right now. Breaking sticks, pissed off that Wu Flu is messing with his career totals.
Walking back to to his kitchen to grab a Gatorade, mumbling under his breath, "stupid damn flu, I was just about to show em all a 25 points in 10 game run, too. Damn stupid flu, grrr."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I’m not the biggest fan of Kuch. Too many turns overs. Too many plays die on his stick.

I honestly bet mantha would be better for our team instead of Kuch

A lot of other players' production get boosted because of Kucherov. He's the guy who tries to be creative, so sometimes it bites him, but, when it doesn't, a lot of times it turned into an easy play for Hedman, Killorn, or whoever to make another play for a goal. We don't squabble over them because they don't have the high turnover rate, and put up offense, but a lot of that offense doesn't come if Kucherov doesn't have a license to make mistakes.

At the time the season shut down, Kucherov was at around a 100 point pace. If he had put up three 100 point seasons in a row... That's an accomplishment that puts him in the top 10 players in the league, no question, probably top 5.

kuch

Sep 27, 2016
I think that's a testament to how good our D can be.

I love Kuch, but he's been a turnover machine this year. That said, I think we have to let him be creative. It's a net positive.

Not sure how you see kuch is a turnover machine compared to the others

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not sure how you see kuch is a turnover machine compared to the others

I think just about everybody sees it. He tries a fair amount of low percentage plays in the offensive zone. I'm not saying he shouldn't. But he turns the puck over quite often.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Those "counts" aren't exactly accurate either so take those with a grain of salt. I think it's quite clear if you watch him play he does turn the puck over a lot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kuch is not a perfect player, but he's nowhere close to a net negative, nor is he close to not being worth his contract. An unhealthy amount of our offense still revolves around Kucherov. This is why I don't like front-loading for more than a few games at a time. As great as Stamkos-Point-Kucherov can be, everybody else's offense starts to dry up when all the creativity on the team is on the same line.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Show me a player that produces as much as he does that has less turnovers that is a 2nd round pick.

Damn, hitting close to home here. You're right he's perfect, no flaws in his game you win.

Zeus Bojangles

Literally Illiterate
Feb 23, 2018
It's a risk vs. reward evaluation with Kucherov. I get as frustrated as anyone else with the turnovers and the lazy play he displays from time to time, but his production more than makes up for his mistakes.

Reactions: DFC and kuch

kuch

Sep 27, 2016
Damn, hitting close to home here. You're right he's perfect, no flaws in his game you win.

He averages over 100 points a season for last 3 years, so really how many bad games does he have.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He averages over 100 points a season for last 3 years, so really how many bad games does he have.
And the team is doing well on top. 2nd right now, 1st last season. It’s not like his giveaways have a negative impact on our record.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I mean, quite a lot. Even when he hit 128 points he had like 20 games were he was held pointless.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm not worried about the number of turnovers so much as the "quality" of some of them. There's just some he does that have such a low reward to risk ratio that he really shouldn't even be attempting, like when he's last man back on the blue line trying to deke 3 guys or something (exaggeration but there's been some real face palming moments like that one that got him benched). But no reason to get really down on the guy, as long as he shows up in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->