Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev (VGK) to NJD (2020 3rd, 2021 2nd)

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
yeah - I hope we don't move Zacha. I think the sorting out has to be for a LHD- unless we move Vats to his off-side - and we can probably get that done with prospects, a Dman or maybe Vats himself.

Reactions: Khione

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i mean this guy is supposedly better than shipachyov, who never got to bust into the NHL solely because he got screwed by a raw deal by GMGM. i think we're gonna be okay

I wonder if that's a big reason why Gusev didn't want to sign with Vegas, what happened to Shipachov there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The sheer, raw talent on this team is actually terrifying. I don't know if a Devils roster has ever had this much skill. So excited.

Let's not really go off the deep end here...this is still way behind 2000-01, among others but even with our Cup teams that was the most talented Devils team ever.

Reactions: nugg and Khione

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Don’t get carried away. lol
From a skill standpoint, I don't think any of the cup teams are better. Way better rosters on those teams no doubt, and its even close, but we've never had this much skill from our forwards.

Skill alone doesn't make you a great player obviously, but that's how you misinterpreted my post it seems.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Thoughts on the below?

While Coleman may not be everyones first thought as 2nd line RW what he would provide is sound defense, tenacious forechecking/physicality, and a shoot-first mentality to complement players who can pass him the puck. Simmonds and Zajac can grind down low and be complemented by Bratt's creativity.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Coleman
Bratt-Zajac-Simmonds
Wood-Zacha-TBD
Hayden

Depending on comfort of having Vatanen play LD this would be the setup I go with. Still would prefer some way to acquire a legit top 4 LHD with size (>6' 2") and I would be fine moving one of Vatanen or Butcher to accomplish that.

Vatanen/Butcher-Subban
Greene-Severson
Smith-Butcher/Vatanen
Mueller-Carrick

PP1
Hall - Zajac - Simmonds
Subban - Palmieri

PP2
Gusev - Hischier - Hughes
Zacha - Severson/Butcher/Vatanen/Smith

Hischier plays net front / down low for tips and quick plays. Gusev and Hughes play respective half walls. Zacha plays left side for Palmieri esque shorts.

PK
Zajac-Coleman
Zacha-Bratt/TBD
Hischier-Bratt/TBD

The TBD could be the 4th line RW or Wood.

Greene-Subban
Vatanen-Severson

Can't see Smith or Butcher getting PK time.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Please say youre kidding. This wasnt our actual line up during a real regular season? Not just on your NHL on xbox?
Oh it was real in March, 2016 but most probably checked out by then or blocked it from memory. Green-Larsson, Schlemko-Moore, Merrill-Severson were on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad