Confirmed with Link: Nikita Gusev (VGK) to NJD (2020 3rd, 2021 2nd)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
6 points in 6 games for Goose. Look out.
Later in the season I want to see him on a line with Hischier. I think they can do great things together. Maybe something like this, they will need to start experimenting with lines when Hall is gone to see what these forwards look like in different situations.

Zacha Hischier Gusev
Boqvist Hughes Palmieri
Bratt Zajac Coleman
Wood Rooney Seney

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Later in the season I want to see him on a line with Hischier. I think they can do great things together. Maybe something like this, they will need to start experimenting with lines when Hall is gone to see what these forwards look like in different situations.

Zacha Hischier Gusev
Boqvist Hughes Palmieri
Bratt Zajac Coleman
Wood Rooney Seney
Maybe if Goose starts lighting up while on the top line the main boards will admit he isn't awful

Would much rather see Bastian or Anderson over Seney but Seney will get his look first. McLeod should be in over Rooney too

Reactions: NjDevsRR

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
His effort in his defensive zone has been night and day the past few weeks. He is no long coasting and is doing much better in terms of stick work and pursuit. I think after a little more time to practice timing and positioning he can be a good defensive player.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Zacha Hischier Gusev
Boqvist Hughes Palmieri
Bratt Zajac Coleman
Wood Rooney Seney
Frankly, if he's working on his current, I'd rather keep him there. Then again, the 1st line could use a boost. Maybe he's the Hall replacement.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Frankly, if he's working on his current, I'd rather keep him there. Then again, the 1st line could use a boost. Maybe he's the Hall replacement.
I agree that he should stay on the line with Zajac and Coleman for now as they have found success but we definitely need to experiment with him on other lines later in the season.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Hell, I'd be willing to try Hughes and Gusev together again now that Gusev doesn't look completely lost in the d-zone and Hughes has been dominating the transition lately. It's a lost season anyways...why not? :P

Although, for sake of Gusev's development, maybe do it later, like with 10 games left in the season or something. I'd really like to get him fully used to playing in the NHL and playing with Coleman and Zajac has been helping a lot with that.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad