Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Aube-Kubel new contract 2 x 1.075AAV

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
NAK really stepped up this season. He drives me crazy sometimes with his over-aggressive mistakes, like TK without the skill, but he skated, hit, & forechecked. And was one of their most effective players against the Isles despite a banged knee. I want him back as a cheap 4th liner, & they got it done.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Pitlick compared to Grant or Thompson is the easiest of the ufa's to like. Pitlick or Nate it should not a question. Now as far as resigning we have a lot of youth that I would rather see, than pay 2x $ of Pitlick. Sandin, L-ski, Allison feel free to discuss who should be 12th f.(And it Patrick is healthy you might not even need them).

Reactions: BernieParent

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I haven't seen anyone diss Raffl, sounds like "alternative facts."

Pitlick is a high energy player, probably the highest on the team, he hits every shift at full speed, which you have to love from an effort standpoint. Problem is he's a disaster with the puck on his stick, sorta Rinaldo without the psychotic streak. The only one who works harder is the Russian Android.

JVR gets dissed b/c he was dog shit for much of the playoffs, and at $7M, you expect more than effort, you expect results.

Raffl definitely has detractors. I don’t get it, but I’ve seen it.

JVR was fine for most of the playoffs. His game is just frustrating to watch if the puck isn’t going in for him. That’s always been the case.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I’m on record as wanting Pitlick back. I don’t get the number of people who are writing him off. He was legitimately one of their most effective players in the playoffs & won’t cost much. I understand there’s a roster crunch, but he’s not a guy I particularly want to lose. Grant, Thompson, thanks, bye.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

JVR was fine for most of the playoffs. His game is just frustrating to watch if the puck isn’t going in for him. That’s always been the case.

JVR wasn't fine, he wasn't skating like he did in the regular season nor back checking consistently.
Scoring is stochastic; effort and conditioning are under a player's control, lucky bounces are another matter.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Yup. It's impossible to blame JVR for not scoring when he was playing with Pitlick, Laughton, and/or Grant for most of the playoffs... if he wasn't healthy scratched. Otherwise he played fine, considering the circumstances.

They prevented him from scoring and then punished him for it. 200 IQ coaching right there.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’m on record as wanting Pitlick back. I don’t get the number of people who are writing him off. He was legitimately one of their most effective players in the playoffs & won’t cost much. I understand there’s a roster crunch, but he’s not a guy I particularly want to lose. Grant, Thompson, thanks, bye.
Because you keep ignoring that we don't need Pitlick.

If we DO NOTHING, our 4th line should be:

Raffl Laughton NAK

.....and still have Patrick, Bunny, Sandin, Laczynski, Twar as possible options when injuries occur.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Raffl Laughton NAK

.....and still have Patrick, Bunny, Sandin, Laczynski, Twar as possible options when injuries occur.

Only way I re-sign Pitlick is if we sell high on Laughton this summer. Which I dont expect. Its too shrewd for Chuck.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

Raffl Laughton NAK

I've never said Pitlick is a necessity. But I do think he's better than he gets credit for. And I'm not sure the greatest idea is removing one of your most effective playoff players from the roster, especially when he won't cost much.

Pitlick is better than Bunnaman and Twarynski. Laczynski will need AHL time. Who knows what Sandin will do, but he's probably going to have to start in the AHL. Patrick may never play for this team again. If people beat him out, Pitlick will be easy to trade. But he's an effective bottom-six player who I think gets overlooked because people love the mystery box.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I've never said Pitlick is a necessity. But I do think he's better than he gets credit for. And I'm not sure the greatest idea is removing one of your most effective playoff players from the roster, especially when he won't cost much.

Pitlick is better than Bunnaman and Twarynski. Laczynski will need AHL time. Who knows what Sandin will do, but he's probably going to have to start in the AHL. Patrick may never play for this team again. If people beat him out, Pitlick will be easy to trade. But he's an effective bottom-six player who I think gets overlooked because people love the mystery box.
With the way things are trending with COVID-19, I don’t believe that the A will be operating this year. I could see the NHL operating like MLB where the NHL teams play some sort of schedule with limited travel and the clubs having an extended black aces type roster working at an alternative site with players moving up and down levels.
Starting with most of this year’s roster until the newbies get accustomed to get their feet wet in the pro game makes sense. If Pitlick is willing to take a one year contract, it would be worth the money. If he wants a multi year contract, say bye.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
With the way things are trending with COVID-19, I don’t believe that the A will be operating this year. I could see the NHL operating like MLB where the NHL teams play some sort of schedule with limited travel and the clubs having an extended black aces type roster working at an alternative site with players moving up and down levels.
Starting with most of this year’s roster until the newbies get accustomed to get their feet wet in the pro game makes sense. If Pitlick is willing to take a one year contract, it would be worth the money. If he wants a multi year contract, say bye.
I agree with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad