Toronto
Horrible deal that sets back the franchise for DECADES

hqdefault.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Pitlick fandom is bizarre.

Always blows my mind to see which players get praise when players of the same type are complained about endlessly. For example, it certainly appears that Pitlick gets more love than Raffl, in spite of basically being a watered down version.

Pitlick is a passable 12/13 forward. Not the kind of guy you re-sign when you have better, cheaper youth waiting for playing time.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Caps getting tight, may not have room for Boss Hogg :)

Need an offer sheet
Never in my wildest dreams would I ever imagine someone offersheets Bob Hogg. I cannot understate how happy that would make me.

Until I find out the next day the flyers match the 5 year 4.5 million per offer sheet. And then I rage quit this team.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Always blows my mind to see which players get praise when players of the same type are complained about endlessly. For example, it certainly appears that Pitlick gets more love than Raffl, in spite of basically being a watered down version.

Pitlick is a passable 12/13 forward. Not the kind of guy you re-sign when you have better, cheaper youth waiting for playing time.

He’s one of those guys who is noticeably competing out there every shift, and people lap that up and think he’s Shjon Podein. At this point I’m even wondering if Shjon Podein was Shjon Podein, and I freaking loved Podes, but I digress.

He’s a nice player, especially in a 4th line role, a hell of a lot better than some of the slop Hak used there, but I agree I don’t see a spot for him moving forward.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

He grew on me during the miserable playoff run.

Maybe it's a side effect of Grompson? Idk. I wouldn't mind him as a 12/13th guy.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Glad NAK was given a legit shot this year. Good contract. He could be the guy Seattle goes after.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pitlick is a high energy player with very good speed but minimal puck skills, which was evident in the playoffs.

I like him, but with NAK and Sandin in the fold, and Laczynski and Allison signed, and Sushko and Kase playing regularly in Europe, he's an item that will clutter the closet.

Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He’s one of those guys who is noticeably competing out there every shift, and people lap that up and think he’s Shjon Podein. At this point I’m even wondering if Shjon Podein was Shjon Podein, and I freaking loved Podes, but I digress.

He’s a nice player, especially in a 4th line role, a hell of a lot better than some of the slop Hak used there, but I agree I don’t see a spot for him moving forward.

I think you're absolutely right. But what's insane is that we then have people questioning the effort level of guys who work equally as hard, if not harder. But hey, stereotypes, right? Every 4th liner who makes it is just a harder worker than anyone else.

He grew on me during the miserable playoff run.

Maybe it's a side effect of Grompson? Idk. I wouldn't mind him as a 12/13th guy.

There's nothing wrong with that and I don't dislike him at all. It's not that he's bad, it's that the magnitude of his impact and the level of support I'm seeing don't match up, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, he's perfectly acceptable as a 12/13th forward and I'd have no problem with him being on the team if it wasn't for the fact that we'd need to give him a new contract and we have prospects who need a spot. He's the odd man out.

I'm just saying it's crazy who the fanbase chooses to really get behind, compared to who they're really against. Especially since those likes and dislikes often contradict each other.
For example, if people aren't big fans of JVR, ok, that's fine, but if you don't want a guy who is pretty one-dimensional and is constantly docked for defensive ability, then it doesn't make sense to then want to give up a ton for Laine, who makes JVR look like a Selke-candidate (but like a far lesser one than Couturier... like Bergeron or something).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I haven't seen anyone diss Raffl, sounds like "alternative facts."

Pitlick is a high energy player, probably the highest on the team, he hits every shift at full speed, which you have to love from an effort standpoint. Problem is he's a disaster with the puck on his stick, sorta Rinaldo without the psychotic streak. The only one who works harder is the Russian Android.

JVR gets dissed b/c he was dog shit for much of the playoffs, and at $7M, you expect more than effort, you expect results.

Reactions: BrokenStix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad