Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Aube-Kubel new contract 2 x 1.075AAV

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pitlick has done nothing to deserve making more than Raffl

$1.75m would be an overpayment. Not to mention that we shouldn't bring back Pitlick even at league minimum because we need lineup space.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Of course. Though I have said that we would have no "stacked" 1st line and my PERSONAL lines would be:

Lindblom Couts Jake- 2 way "heavy" line
Giroux Frost TK- OZ faceoff line who wants to play with speed
JVR Hayes Farabee- Puck Hog line
Raff Laughton NAK -Damn good 4th line

And we know Frost would still be 3rd...maybe even 4th in ES TOI for our C.

I consider swapping JVR and Lindblom, but this is about where I am.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers have to pay all the guys they already signed, and we don’t know when the AHL or NHL will resume.

Not only is a guy like Pitlick unnecessary from a hockey standpoint, financially it makes no sense to guarantee at least $1m to a veteran when you have all these guys in their early 20s who can fill out your lineup.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They'd be dumb not to re-sign Pitlick if they can get him for 1 million. That's barely over the league minimum at this point which is what you have to pay for a spare forward. The problem is he will probably want and get 1.5 - 1.75 million. That wouldn't be a wise investment for the Flyers unless they are able to dump JVR somehow. Even then I'm not sure it's a move they should be making, and I like the player.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
A 1st I would think

A late first would probably be top of what you can get on the market for a player like Laughton.

And while it sounds okay to just recoup the pick, I'm lukewarm about letting him go now that he is hitting his prime, knowing that whoever they get with this pick will likely not be a factor for many years.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't think he's worth a 1st, but I can see a scenario where the possibility of acquiring a first for Laughton exists.
I think he's worth a mid to late 1st. Worse player have fetched a 1st round pick.

I wouldn't trade him for a 2nd unless we really need the cap space.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think you can get a 1st for one year of Laughton.

Yeah thats why I would consider it an overpay that id have to accept.

Tampa did trade a 1st for Goodrow whose contract expires in 2021. Two playoff runs vs one, but Laughtons also a better player. Ya never know.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah thats why I would consider it an overpay that id have to accept.

Tampa did trade a 1st for Goodrow whose contract expires in 2021. Two playoff runs vs one, but Laughtons also a better player. Ya never know.

San Jose's 3rd came back in return.
I could see Laughton and our 1st to move up in the draft, or Laughton and our 2nd to move into the end of the 1st round.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
San Jose's 3rd came back in return.
I could see Laughton and our 1st to move up in the draft, or Laughton and our 2nd to move into the end of the 1st round.

Tampa sent a prospect too but the main pieces were Goodrow for the 1st

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kapanen landed a 1st and a prospect (late 2nd rd pick) whom Toronto coveted.
He has 2 years at $2.3M before he becomes a UFA.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Raffl is far better than Pitlick. I like Pitlick but he's superfluous.
I agree they really don't have room for Pitlick under the cap, as Pitlick probably earned a raise that he'll get somewhere else. It's a pity, because he was the best forechecker and one of the few who had speed and size to make an impact on the forecheck. We need some of the cheap kids to pan out.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I agree they really don't have room for Pitlick under the cap, as Pitlick probably earned a raise that he'll get somewhere else. It's a pity, because he was the best forechecker and one of the few who had speed and size to make an impact on the forecheck. We need some of the cheap kids to pan out.

We desperately need them to get a legitimate shot, too. The best thing that could happen is possibly falling on their face next year, they fire AV & Friends, trade Hayes, Fire Chuck, Fire Dave Scott, Retire Fire Holmgren, and bring in a non-dinosaur ... who probably doesn't exist.

Yeah, we're f***ed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Who were the Flyers' best "support" forecheckers in 2019-20?

total-forechecking.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad