Nico v. Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The problem is, who do they replace?

I don't believe either of them play Simmonds or Schenns spot so it would have to be either Giroux (no chance in hell) or Voracek removed from the top unit.

I can see either replacing Jake if he doesnt improve his decision-making there. But again, we dont yet what the set-up will be..

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the new PP coach ****s up the first unit... thats the last thing we need changed.

It has gotten worse as the season progressed in each of the last two seasons. It is stagnant and needs a tweak..or to use different looks sometimes.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It has gotten worse as the season progressed in each of the last two seasons. It is stagnant and needs a tweak..or to use different looks sometimes.

The solution isn't to change personnel, it's to emphasize different things that they need to do better.

For example, too often Ghost would pass up a point shot to instead pass it off to Voracek so he could fire a weak shot. Little things like that can be easily adjusted if they have someone with a little common sense (and a rolled up newspaper to hit Ghost on the nose when he does it again), but that doesn't mean a new PP coach should be changing who's on the unit or where they play.

NatP4

May 1, 2017
I'll be so bummed if we end up with Patrick and have to watch Nico shred us with NJ for years to come

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I'll be so bummed if we end up with Patrick and have to watch Nico shred us with NJ for years to come

Do u think Patrick or Nico are looking at the prospects lists for both teams and saying i hope the other guy gets picked 1st? :D

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure you've watched both enough to make a statement like that. You wouldn't just talk out of your ass.

:lol:

You didnt know he was capable of projecting a prospect better than paid professional scouts and guys like Craig Button, all of whom either have Patrick as the #1 prospect or JUST behind Hischier?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The really good thing for them is that they both know they can start looking at houses in New Jersey.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The really good thing for them is that they both know they can start looking at houses in New Jersey.

:laugh:

Thats a good point actually. Hopefully they dont live the Olde City life like the youngsters from 08 (Carter, Richards, Lupul, Upshall)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Do u think Patrick or Nico are looking at the prospects lists for both teams and saying i hope the other guy gets picked 1st? :D

I think that's a strong possibility. How could they not? Unless they just want the title of #1 pick so bad it doesn't matter.

NatP4

May 1, 2017
Or looking at center depth on both teams and hoping for the better opportunity to play up in the lineup

NatP4

May 1, 2017
:lol:

You didnt know he was capable of projecting a prospect better than paid professional scouts and guys like Craig Button, all of whom either have Patrick as the #1 prospect or JUST behind Hischier?

So "everyone" has Patrick at 1, but the example that you give that has Nico at 1 clearly has Patrick "barely" behind him.

Of course Konecny has a better writer than both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad