Nico v. Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Hextall won't have the choice, but I'm interested to see if we have any consensus here. Who do you want if you could choose?

I'm pretty conflicted. I'm honestly not totally convinced there is that much separation between Hischier/Patrick and the next tier of (Vilardi/Mittelstadt/Glass), but it's hard to pass up guys who have been at the top for most of the year. If Patrick had no injury history, I think I'd be much more confident, but it's hard to shake that concern.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It's out of the Flyers hands. Be happy with either. This is a great day.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Need some time to think this one over. I've watched about 30 seconds of Patrick this year because he was hurt half the season and I didn't think we would ever have a shot at him. Saw a lot of him last year though. Obviously a very good player but never struck me as future NHL Superstar. Kind of more like a bigger Sam Reinhart. Not really flashy, just real savvy, smart, and productive. We may also be having a case of prospect fatigue with him. We've been hearing about him for years now. I do worry about the injuries and I kind of always fear with a kid as advanced as he, what is his ultimate upside? He's got the size and pedigree on his side though.

Hischier is new and fresh and we can dream on a more dynamic player with a higher offensive peak. Again, I didn't spend too much time watching Nico this year because I figured he was well beyond our range, even at the beginning of the season, but what I did see was very impressive (mostly against Myers too). Great at the u20s which really put him on the map. Even though he's a '99 he's not too much younger than Patrick, so that's not likely to significantly weigh on my preference.

In the end, either would be huge for the Flyers.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I came into this saying Nico, but having watched a ton of highlights and game footage of both, I think Nolan's wrist shot is something this team sorely needs.

Still obviously can't go wrong here.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I'd love the big skilled two way centerman. Having Patrick and Couts 1-2 down the middle would be big. Then in comes Rubstov another two way presence.

At the same time Hischier has elite offensive talent. He could be that offensive superstar.

I wouldn't mind either but we need a offensive superstar. We already have two way centerman in the pipeline. Its all on who NJ picks.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Hoping for Nolan but twist my arm and slap me in the face and I "guess" I'll take Nico, lol

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Nico is electric but I feel that Patrick is the better centerman. In the end I think he is a small tier above Nico. But, I would happily have Nico. Both I feel are fairly underrated.

Last edited:

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
And so it begins! Whoever is picked from the Devils, we all know this will only make rivalry games that much more fun! Exciting times ahead for both of ours teams!

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Ive watched a bunch of Patrick back when I was following Provorovs development. Ive only seen highlights of Nico, but Patrick reminds me of Kopitar and I want that boy on our team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad