Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
An argument can be made. The last 5 games he's made a case for it. PP, PK, ES doesn't matter. He can be deployed anywhere at any time with anyone. Gotta think he'd be producing way more with better linemates.
Perhaps but he'd also be playing AGAINST better players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
An argument can be made. The last 5 games he's made a case for it. PP, PK, ES doesn't matter. He can be deployed anywhere at any time with anyone. Gotta think he'd be producing way more with better linemates.

I'd like to see how Domi would do with Gallagher and Danault. That would allow Suzuki to play with Tatar. They seem to have chemistry.

Domi Danault Gallagher
Tatar Suzuki Lehkonen/Poehling
Cousins Kotkaniemi Lehkonen/Poehling
Vejdemo Thompson Weal

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Perhaps but he'd also be playing AGAINST better players.
Sure but he's playing against good competition right now on the second line and it doesn't seem to affect him. Small sample size but he's progressing so fast that I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes our top forward as early as next year.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

You can’t take a 5 game sample and claim a guy is your best player. Weber is playing Norris worthy hockey, feel free to make the argument that Suzuki is the best player on this roster because of a 5 game sample.

Also, Domi has 7 points including 5 goals in the past 5 games. So it would be hard to argue Suzuki is the best forward over the past 5.

I love Suzuki but lets try and be realistic and not set unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Hockey is fluid and every line plays against every line on the opposition.

Not equally. The Danault line consistently plays against the other teams best player, for the most minutes.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Just for fun, You guys still wish we had Glass over Suzuki!!??
I dont know Glass enough to make a decision. But sometimes. Bigger guys are are improving when they are older.I like what Suzuki bring thought. Thats a really good player

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Just for fun, You guys still wish we had Glass over Suzuki!!??

They’ve always been comparable in my opinion, Glass gets more mainstream love because he’s your prototypical big RH Center - where as there was always questions about whether Suzuki would stick at Center or be a winger. Jury is still out on that, but Suzuki has looked good in his stints at C.

I think Suzuki has a higher IQ, and as a result may end up the better point producer in the NHL over the long haul. Whether that’s at C or W remains to be seen, but the fact he looks good at both and produces at both positions just proves how adaptable and good he is.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Its so refreshing to see his game on the PP. Just watch when the pk is structured, and the puck comes on suzuki's stick. He doesn't force anything. He stays poised, and breaks the pk down.

A couple plays are becoming a signature for him. The cross seam pass to tatar, and the blind drop pass to the point after luring defenders on him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Mostly because hes used for faceoffs in the Dzone. The rest of the time its fluid.

yeah but to a point. Sure one for one match ups don't always happen but you're making it sound far more amoeba like than it is. I get your point but true to form your exaggerating just a teeny weeny bit. just a touch. an itty bit.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad