Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
He's been great and getting better. I'd like to see him show more consistent intensity and hustle in his play with the puck sometimes. He's had the puck in prime positions a few times and was a little too slow to act, gliding and waiting too long to make a play. I know that's his style and he was looking for a pass, but he's made successful passes before by skating hard to the net and faking shots (a Tatar goal in particular). When he glides and waits, passing and shooting lanes close fast in the NHL.

He still needs to learn to shoot faster, and that will not only help his goal scoring but also open up passing opportunities. Like I said, he needs more consistent urgency and hustle in his game (not to be confused with running around like a headless chicken). I'm sure he'll learn eventually. I'm excited to see how he will improve over the rest of the season and next year.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
On a more serious note we could get him Ratcliffe for cheap, I'm pretty sure. Chemistry in the playoffs last year was evident.

Philly drafted Cam York, they must feel some of their young forwards are expandable. :D
If the Flyers end up as buyers, wonder if they would see value in Tatar or Petry. I'd go for Ratcliff for sure. Underrated and exactly what we need. Lots of size and good finish.

Suzuki and Ratcliff are childhood friends and played on the same teams growing up.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
If the Flyers end up as buyers, wonder if they would see value in Tatar or Petry. I'd go for Ratcliff for sure. Underrated and exactly what we need. Lots of size and good finish.

Suzuki and Ratcliff are childhood friends and played on the same teams growing up.

Yes, I think he's an investment worth making. Tatar sounds about right, picks to offset whatever delta there is in value.

We could also get Samorukov but that would cost Tatar as well. I like our chances better with Ratcliffe given the farm on the left side of defense.

Reactions: DangerDave

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can Suzuki reach 50 or 55 pts?

- 24 pts in 42 games (prorates to 46 pts)
- 18 pts in his last 25 games
- 9 pts in his last 8 games

He really is gaining traction as his rookie season goes along. 18 pts in his last 25 games and if you use this production for the last 40 games, he ends up with 53 pts.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Suzuki heading to practice today

KdPemKP.gif

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You think Ratcliffe sucks? Did you have him really low in that draft or something..?

Ratcliffe has hands McCarron can only imagine of having.
Nah I don't, he's limited in what he can do once the physical advantage stops being so big though. Once he has to go against Chiarots, Webers, Scandellas. Petrys and the likes his effectiveness will not remain the same. I don't think Ratcliffe can be much more than a third line tweener.

Don't forget how good McCarron looked in the CHL.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Nah I don't, he's limited in what he can do once the physical advantage stops being so big though. Once he has to go against Chiarots, Webers, Scandellas. Petrys and the likes his effectiveness will not remain the same. I don't think Ratcliffe can be much more than a third line tweener.

We'll have to see. I think his final stature will be similar to Scheifele's, which is generally an advantage in the corners / on the boards. I thought his wrister was a lot more convincing than McCarron's, who had a lot of success right around the net in the CHL.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Ratcliff will get stronger too though. Theirs a lot of value in having a big body who can skate and has good hands. Price is likely low on him too.

Reactions: Roadhouse

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Can Suzuki reach 50 or 55 pts?

- 24 pts in 42 games (prorates to 46 pts)
- 18 pts in his last 25 games
- 9 pts in his last 8 games

He really is gaining traction as his rookie season goes along. 18 pts in his last 25 games and if you use this production for the last 40 games, he ends up with 53 pts.
he most definitely hit 50 easy if he stays healthy, He's too smart not to and has the coaches trust.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Nick and Cale are gamers (obviously). Nate's wife made them some home food. :naughty:

Armia is "Army". Cale called Nick "Zukes". The 'most high maintenance guy' on the team according to Cale.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He's very good and our #1 young player for the future. The fact he's a RHS shot makes him even more valuable. Hopefully he becomes the Top 6 RHS center we've been searching for decades.

If Kotkaniemi can fulfill his potential in his 20s, we'll have a great LHS/RHS combo Béliveau/H.Richard style (even if there's obviously no comparison to be made beyond that).

Reactions: Habs Icing

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
On pace for 48 points and trending upwards!! Great start to what I believe will be a great career!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad