Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Suzuki-san...

Daisuki-da....

SUZUKI-GUN, ICHIBAN!!! WARUI-KOCHI, SHINU!!!!

tumblr_ngh8ptNHcN1u2ragso1_400.gifv

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Suzuki and Tatar have sublime chemistry on the powerplay. When Drouin returns I'd play him with Danault and Gallagher, and move Tatar up to play with Suzuki and Domi. Drouin had a good stretch with Danault and Gallagher early last year before the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher was established.

Tatar-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
X-X-X

Reactions: Canadienna

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Suzuki and Tatar have sublime chemistry on the powerplay. When Drouin returns I'd play him with Danault and Gallagher, and move Tatar up to play with Suzuki and Domi. Drouin had a good stretch with Danault and Gallagher early last year before the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher was established.

Tatar-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
X-X-X

i’d try Drouin with domi and suzuki at first. If it does not work, I’d try your idea.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
What a season he's having. He's ahead of Kotkaniemi right now imo, and yes, I know there's an age gap.

11 months not a lot. one had the chance to grow his game in juniors one didnt tough.

also last year at training camp Suzuki was litterally a no show. same goes for the WJC. we were most of us really concerned. we have to put this in perspective when we think of Caufield and other young players they need confidence and experience. the NHL isnt always the best route to get quick results for a kid. some manage some dont. but in the long run the paths of evolutions can still bring to the same level. everyone is different.

Last edited:

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Kotkaniemi wont be as good next year. He's just a better prospect.

we never know man, we never know.. gotta keep in mind this year is for sure a sophomore jynx for Kotka.. next year he will have already face a year of struggles and adapting to his gain weight... we dont know he could come in and dominate with a stronger core and a lot more tough to knock of the puck or could just grow his game further. not to worried about Kotka in the long run he clearly had skills and great work ethic and IQ. Julien is here and working well with kids they know they have to follow the instructions Suzuki is proof that it can work

many big players and centers take like 3-5 seasons to hit their prime and would be surprised at all for kotka.. my feeling tough is maybe in 2021-22 the year Kotka breakout to another level. we shall see.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Suzuki is already our best player, he will be a superstar, the kid has 100 point potential, bookmark it.

I love the guy and think he will be our best forward but he isn’t close to being our best player, yet.

When he consistently produces like say Gallagher, put up 70 points like Domi, plays shut down and produces 60 points like Phil, or is a top 10 player at his position like Weber or Price, at that point we can discuss if he is our best overall player.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
I love the guy and think he will be our best forward but he isn’t close to being our best player, yet.

When he consistently produces like say Gallagher, put up 70 points like Domi, plays shut down and produces 60 points like Phil, or is a top 10 player at his position like Weber or Price, at that point we can discuss if he is our best overall player.
I'd say he's actually one of our best defensive forwards already

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
In the neutral zone, yes. Not quite as good in his own zone, and ok on the forecheck but in both cases does not win enough battles to be "one of the best" yet.
I'd say he's better than ok on the forecheck considering how many times he either steals the puck in the offensive zone or forces turnovers to his teammates - like multiple times a game over his last several

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yes, he is solid defensively. But I was responding to a comment that he was our best player.
An argument can be made. The last 5 games he's made a case for it. PP, PK, ES doesn't matter. He can be deployed anywhere at any time with anyone. Gotta think he'd be producing way more with better linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad