Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Depends on what Suzuki does at center next year for a full season in a bigger role at age 21. But the way it's tracking... Suzuki > B Tkachuk.

Here is the thing... Teams have centers and if you do have that, those fans on those teams will vote Tkachuk over Suzuki at this point today. It's just like us when we look at LD's.... That Dunn fella... He's attractive eh? Get the point?

- Tkachuk seems to have stalled at 40-50 pts and 20-25 goals (age 19 and 20 seasons)
- Suzuki age 20 season is 41 pts and 13 goals but his 2nd half is much better than the 1st half.

This comes down to what they both do in their age 21 seasons IMO. Centers are worth more than wingers but it's deeper than that

I doubt Tkachuk has stalled. I'm sure when he's better surrounded he'll put up more points. Plus he'll still likely get better on his own. Still, I don't think he has the upside Suzuki has.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Tkatchuk is 21 year old 6"3 version of brenden gallagher. He is one of the most unique players in the NHL. Incredibly valuable and might supercede the whole center > winger philosophy. I'm not saying I would take him over Suzuki but there is a legitimate argument there.

Not really. He's much more skilled than Gallagher. His hands are way better. Gally is the definition of a grinder. Like a smaller Tomas Holmstrom. A lot of people hated on B Tkachuk in 2018 because of his background and thought he doesn't have 1st line skills.

He was over-scouted imo.
People were nitpicking to find flaws. But the reality is he's f****** skilled with sweet mitts and has elements of peskiness too. In the inevitable comparison with KK, in two years of watching them in the NHL, the only thing KK has over Tkachuk is a harder shot. That's the reality and it hurt

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tkachuk is likely better now but you have to think Suzuki's upside is higher
It’s an interesting question. The fact that it’s a valid question though really underscores Suzuki’s upside. I know it seems like I’m downplaying him in this thread but I like him a lot.

Looking forward to next season for him and KK.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-9-3_10-51-9.png

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
if the Habs were offered Suzuki for Tkachuk I wouldn't do it.

Same. A young right-handed center with the mind of a veteran and a high IQ showing great upside, for a young powerforward winger? No thanks. Suzuki will be a force in the NHL way after Tkachuk declines, probabilistically speaking.

Reactions: Jabba11

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Same. A young right-handed center with the mind of a veteran and a high IQ showing great upside, for a young powerforward winger? No thanks. Suzuki will be a force in the NHL way after Tkachuk declines, probabilistically speaking.
Suzuki >>> Tkachuk

Reactions: Jabba11

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Would you trade 20 years old Henri Richard for 20 years old Cam Neely or a similar type? Of course not, unless it's Gordie Howe, which we can safely say Tkachuk is not.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Normand Flynn is absolutely terrible.

- Suzuki like Byron so trade him for Simmonds
- Trade Caufield for Kyle Palmieri
- Kotkaniemi is finished

Ask him about the Sens and their prospects, he gets a hard on.
I'm not defending Flynn but no one, no one can be this stupid. Maybe management asked him to make some ridiculous statements so they can stir up some sort of ratings? I don't know. Then again Quebec has seen a drastic reduction of NHLers coming from this province. Maybe there are too many Flynns working as coaches. He was a coach at one time, wasn't he?

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
I'm not defending Flynn but no one, no one can be this stupid. Maybe management asked him to make some ridiculous statements so they can stir up some sort of ratings? I don't know. Then again Quebec has seen a drastic reduction of NHLers coming from this province. Maybe there are too many Flynns working as coaches. He was a coach at one time, wasn't he?
He was a coach in the Q..like a 1000 other nameless dummies.

Why we have to look at his ugly mug on tv and listen to him massacring both the French and English language is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad