Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bustzuki looking good going into next year.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Season recap (2019/2020): Nick Suzuki
Notable numbers:
1)Set a personal-best with a 5-game point streak (Dec. 19 to 31), posting 1G, 7A, 8P in that span
Led all NHL rookies in assists in December (9) and ranked second in points (10)
Ranked third among NHL rookies in February in points (10 - tied with Makar and Gurianov) and assists (6 - tied with Fox and Lizotte)
Led the team in February in power play goals (2 - tied with 4 others for the lead among NHL rookies) and power play points (5)
Earned the Molson Cup in February
Playoff punditry:
Suzuki tied for the team lead in playoff goals and points with four and seven, respectively, and finished second in average ice time among Habs forwards with 19:11. He also tied for second on the team in shots with 27.
The skinny:
The London, ON native's superior playmaking ability and hockey intelligence didn't take long to rear their heads. Julien deployed the rookie for a total of 1,135:16 this season, which ranks him third among Habs forwards, and he was one of only three skaters up front to suit up for all 71 games.

Suzuki logged an impressive 2:10 of average ice time with the man advantage - resulting in six power play goals - and his 659 total faceoffs and 138 shots were second among first-year players in the League.

Finishing the season with 41 points (13G, 28A), Suzuki was the second-most productive rookie aged 20 or younger in Canadiens history, behind only Lafleur - and ahead of the likes of Richard and Tremblay.*

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m not that excited for Bustanov or Ryan Bustling , more hyped draft picks.

Just like people were saying about Scary Price, McDonabust, Bustaniemi, Slowzuki etc...

It's hockey, hockey people who are seeing the kids day in and day out are excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
i also remember people being very excited about our new #1 franchise centerman with size named michael mccarron :rolleyes::rolleyes:

well his size was interesting he was a loong term project that someone turned into lets rush him project...

he should have stayed in the AHL at least until 22.. it doesnt mean he would have been better.. but we have been good screwing kids up.. please dont forget Suzuki is an exception.. An Kotka has a pretty decent 18 year old season before year 2.

patience is always key... but rarely applied here hehe

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
i also remember people being very excited about our new #1 franchise centerman with size named michael mccarron :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don’t forget LeBlanc, and the 50 other hyped busts Timmins has delivered. Remember the hype here surrounding our 2016 super draft of future Crosby’s .....lol. “Guys I see Will Bitten play all the time he’s a steal in the third round. “

Reactions: Pappazzz

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
LeBlanc, Tinordi, Bealieu, Galchenyuk, Mccaron, Scherbak, Juulsen, Poehling, Kotkaniemi and his whooping total of 12 points this year. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. In Timmins case, I don't even know how the saying would be like...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
There's our guy Nick, back at work.

How much does Ryan cost?
HRI7zad.png

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
How much does Ryan cost?
HRI7zad.png

I dont think he'd be super expensive - probably an equally highly touted prospect. Dont know if Carolina is interested in giving him up though so you'd probably have to overpay & Im not sure he's worth it? Smart player but hasnt shown he will be able to translate that to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad