Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Offensive players peak in their early 20s.

Do you think Matthews reached his peak (top 3 in goals/top 10 in points last season)?

Personally feel like Matthews/McD/Drai/MacK/Pasta are going to be the perennial elite of the next 5+ years with occasional peak appearances from other players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Do you think Matthews reached his peak (top 3 in goals/top 10 in points last season)?

Personally feel like Matthews/McD/Drai/MacK/Pasta are going to be the perennial elite of the next 5+ years with occasional peak appearances from other players.
I think that Matthews can't go much higher, unless you think he will outperform Ovechkin, then you think he's a generational player. They should remain around the same production +/- 10 for the next five years, yes.

Goalscorer especially tend to statistically peak in the early 20s.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think that Matthews can't go much higher, unless you think he will outperform Ovechkin, then you think he's a generational player. They should remain around the same production +/- 10 for the next five years, yes.

Not denying the bold, just don't agree whether Matthews has reached it yet. Feel like he is rounding his game and being more physically engaged. Who knows end of day though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
For the record

In terms of explosion a human being is at his peak at 23 23 years old.

2 main exemple in the world are Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps.

Bolt won is first goal medal at 22 in 2008 with a mindblowing time of 9.63...

A year later he broke it at 23 years old with 9.58. I think that nobody will ever beat it.

Then he won 2 gold medal at 26 and 30 years but he was slower by then...he never came close to his 9.58.

At 23..Phelps won 8 gold medal in 8 races..with 7 world record in 2008.

He was still dominant at 27 in London in 2012 but not as he was in 2008.

Also the real decline for reflexes etc...is 33 years old.

You have all the example in baseball and hockey.

Fascinating

Even if we say I am still young in my head..guys...the clock is running
Keith Richards is only now hitting his prime. Next year he might even challenge Brady for the super bowl.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Really? Can you give us examples to support such a sweeping statement and quantify EARLY twenties? By examples, something like 10 examples so it's not a couple outlier examples.

If there's a tendency, it's a more than regular happening.

You might be right. I just want to see the justification before I start to propagate the same thing.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Keith Richards isnt human though, hes completely transcended into a powder being

I wouldn't say powder since he's getting the regular alcohol\blood transfusion cocktails (70 Proof, I believe). There's still plenty of liquid cursing through those veins... :)

Reactions: angusyoung

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Really? Can you give us examples to support such a sweeping statement and quantify EARLY twenties? By examples, something like 10 examples so it's not a couple outlier examples.

If there's a tendency, it's a more than regular happening.

You might be right. I just want to see the justification before I start to propagate the same thing.
It was a full review of NHL careers but I cant seem to find it anymore, it came out a few years ago. If I recall the average age was 23.6

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019

Hey bud , you are still delusional thinking Matthews isn’t elite. Literally the best scorer in the league , but keep thinking lehkonen is better okay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad