Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh, no? People thinking Ritchie is a tough guy because of his size seemingly forget about Jimmy Hayes and how just having size does not translate to being tough.
So you don't think Ritchie is tough? I don't get this post.

He's legitimately nothing like Jimmy Hayes. Blame a Ritchie when the Bruins are struggling = a go to on this board. He was fine against Tampa, mixed it up quite a bit.

Guy played like a half dozen games for the Bruins and then was on a decade layoff do to covid. I bet we won't hear the same criticism of Kase.

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ritchie could definitely improve his skating game but that’s not gonna happen in the next few weeks. We need all of this guys physicality so we don’t get bullied out of the cup again.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So you don't think Ritchie is tough? I don't get this post.

He's legitimately nothing like Jimmy Hayes. Blame a Ritchie when the Bruins are struggling = a go to on this board. He was fine against Tampa, mixed it up quite a bit.

He had TWO f***ing hits in that game. In 17 minutes of TOI. I get what you're looking for but it ain't him.

Reactions: Pia8988

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't know how anyone can watch that game yesterday and not think Ritchie played fine at the minimum. I thought he was definitely one of their better players.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He had TWO f***ing hits in that game. I get what you're looking for but it ain't him. The guy is a plug.
Why not blame the top line? Why put the blame solely on a guy who's played a handfull of games as a Bruin? I get Ritchie is his last name, but don't be ridiculous.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't know how anyone can watch that game yesterday and not think Ritchie played fine at the minimum. I thought he was definitely one of their better players.
His name is Ritchie. He doesn't create a scoring chance every shift which is somehow what's expected of a guy in his role.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

And I don't know how anyone can look at his game yesterday and think it was good. He got 17 minutes of ice time. 2 minutes of PP ice time. No shots. No goals. No assists. Nothing. Except for 2 irrelevant hits.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why not blame the top line? Why put the blame solely on a guy who's played a handfull of games as a Bruin? I get Ritchie is his last name, but don't be ridiculous.

Because this is the Nick Rithie thread? Do you think he's a really physical player?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And I don't know how anyone can look at his game yesterday and think it was good. He got 17 minutes of ice time. 2 minutes of PP ice time. No shots. No goals. No assists. Nothing. Except for 2 irrelevant hits.
Dude. It's one game. Step back from the ledge, let the guy get his feet under him.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Players can still look fine while putting up 0s on the scoresheet. I remember he got the Bruins out of their jam when the group on were really tired after icing the puck. NHL doesn't track literally everything that happens on the ice, if a player passes to someone back-door and that player misses, you're never going to see it on the scoresheet. I thought he was moving around well and playing his part, and I've been hard on both of these trades. His hits were actually pretty notable too, I remember both of them. The one sandwich at the end of the 2nd was big.

Reactions: LSCII

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
And that's the entire problem in a goddam nutshell. People who want physical hockey are accepting of subpar garbage play just so long as the guy throws a hit or two and face washes a guy after the whistle. It's sad.
But when no one else is doing that but him how can we not be accepting of it?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Brad Marchand last night 0-0-0 -1 1 shot on goal in 19+ mins.
Jake DeBrusk last night 0-0-0, 0 shots on goal in 16 mins
David Krejci last night 0-0-0, -1 1 shot on goal in nearly 20 mins of ice time

NICK RITCHIE THOUGH! HE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE AND ONLY HAD 2 HITS!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You f***ing compared him to Jimmy Hayes, your opinion at this point is on a ship headed somewhere towards Antarctica.

No. You did that. Go back and read what I said. It wasn't a comp. It was a statement that just because a guy has size doesn't mean he's physical. If I had used Hal Gill, would that have been better?

And here's the rub, I honestly don't think Ritchie is physical at all. But so many people want that falsehood of the Big Bad Boston Bruins to be real still that they accept bad play just because a guy throws 2 hits in a game and ignore that he did nothing else with his 17 minutes of TOI. Do you know how hard it is to have 17 minutes of TOI and 2 minutes of PP TOI and not register a singular f***ing shot on goal? It's disgraceful. But hey, he got his tooth knocked out in a scrum, so he's physical...:naughty:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Brad Marchand last night 0-0-0 -1 1 shot on goal in 19+ mins.
Jake DeBrusk last night 0-0-0, 0 shots on goal in 16 mins
David Krejci last night 0-0-0, -1 1 shot on goal in nearly 20 mins of ice time

NICK RITCHIE THOUGH! HE DIDN'T EVEN SCORE AND ONLY HAD 2 HITS!

Yeah, they absolutely sucked as well. But here's the big difference. Those guys all have a track record of producing and belong in a scoring role. Ritchie? Yeah, not so much. Like as in ever.

You want to make this about physical play and think my gripe is with that. It's not. It's with them forcing a clown like Ritchie up into the top 6. That's why I'm complaining. He's not that guy. He never has been. He's a bottom 6 stiff with a big frame, but no ability to skate. He doesn't even use his size very effectively, FFS.

But sure, he was electric last night with those big hits. lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, it’s been one game. Jesus Christ.

I’d be worried if he was a complete non factor in a playoff series but not so much in his first game back after a long ass lay-off while only playing a half dozen games with his new team. I thought he played a pretty decent game last night, he wasn’t even remotely close to the Bruins worst player, but hey, his last name is Ritchie so he automatically bypasses the other passengers last night to the back of the bus.

You’re completely overreacting.

Man, another few months break from this place may be a bit beneficial for me. This place has some absolutely terrible takes.

Reactions: Kalus

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man, it’s been one game. Jesus Christ.

I’d be worried if he was a complete non factor in a playoff series but not so much in his first game back after a long ass lay-off while only playing a half dozen games with his new team.

You’re completely overreacting.

Maybe. I look at how badly he's being misused though, and I don't see it getting any better. This is like when they kept forcing his brother up into the top 6. Or Backes before him. Or Beleskey before him. At some point, you have to give up the ghost of having DK play with a big physical winger because while Krejci has had success with that type of player, the guys he was successful with also could actually f***ing score. Ritchie is not Lucic, Horton, or Iginla. He's not even in the same realm.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, they absolutely sucked as well. But here's the big difference. Those guys all have a track record of producing and belong in a scoring role. Ritchie? Yeah, not so much. Like as in ever.

You want to make this about physical play and think my gripe is with that. It's not. It's with them forcing a clown like Ritchie up into the top 6. That's why I'm complaining. He's not that guy. He never has been. He's a bottom 6 stiff with a big frame, but no ability to skate. He doesn't even use his size very effectively, FFS.

But sure, he was electric last night with those big hits. lol

You obviously have something out for the guy when you call him a “clown”, “plug” and a “stiff”

How can I expect you to have a rational thought? Just admit you don’t like him and it’s not because “I just don’t want him in the top 6” (which I don’t either)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad