Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Big, hits a lot, can score, former number 10 overall, still young at 24 years old with some potential still yet to be realized. Ritchie -- Coyle should be interesting to watch; Coyle has made just about everyone look better when thrown on his line, so let's see what he can do with someone of Ritchie's talents. Also, Ritchie has term left on his contract, so the team has some control over him for at least another season.

Here's to a successful run as a Boston Bruin. Welcome aboard, Nick!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Liking this trade. Team hasn't had a PF with this size, bodychecking, fighting ability since Lucic.

Decent hands also

I can see him starting on the 3rd line and worst case dropping down to the 4th

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What I don't like about Ritchie: He was a member of the Niagara Ice Dogs with Dougie Hamilton.

What I do like: He wasn't with the group that included Hamilton/Strome that had me saying Hamilton would never sign a second contract with the Bruins

Ritchie, Brett .JPG

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Another thing that might not mean anything or have any bearing whatsoever is Brett Ritchie having his younger brother in the same organisation. Maybe this forces Brett to up his game and compete level to get a few more games on the big squad this year? Just spit balling, but it could be a bit of a motivational thing.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ritchie has a bit of a loose cannon in him too, which i always love. He's a guy that not a ton of people want to fight, one of those sneaky, sneaky good fighters. Similar to Miller.

And doesn’t stop punching just because the linesmen step in or the guy goes down.

In today’s game that’s the equivalent of shooting a guy in 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad