Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I honestly don't think Sweeney ever thought of Ritchie BEING one of Krejci's wingers. I'm sure this was more of a decision done with the thought in mind that other Eastern teams - Tampa, Washington, etc. - were 'muscling up' and Boston lacked in that department. Having Lauzon come up was helpful but he's new with the league still; at least Ritchie's played some seasons out. And Heinen? As talented as he was, we all already knew what he was, and he ALSO wasn't exactly a great winger for Krejci either.

This guy's a third liner, at best. At worst? A fourth liner that gives it back to the opposing team. I would've thought that was something we ALL wanted earlier in the season when there was NO pushback whatsover, right? It's mistaken thinking that he's more than a bottom 6 guy; Cassidy's playing him with Krejci - or has up until now anyway - to see if it'll help Krej's game, I'd think. That's not what I'd call "on Sweeney"

The bigger swing was on Kase, and still is, if you ask me. That guy needs to start scoring sometime soon, preferably. Ritchie contributing in that department would go a long way too

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
they could have complete lines 1-4 and a great D-group and it’s “probably not gonna cut it”, that’s the nature of the Stanley cup playoffs

That’s why it’s a great thing when you win it! They’ve got as good a chance as any

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I honestly don't think Sweeney ever thought of Ritchie BEING one of Krejci's wingers. I'm sure this was more of a decision done with the thought in mind that other Eastern teams - Tampa, Washington, etc. - were 'muscling up' and Boston lacked in that department. Having Lauzon come up was helpful but he's new with the league still; at least Ritchie's played some seasons out. And Heinen? As talented as he was, we all already knew what he was, and he ALSO wasn't exactly a great winger for Krejci either.

This guy's a third liner, at best. At worst? A fourth liner that gives it back to the opposing team. I would've thought that was something we ALL wanted earlier in the season when there was NO pushback whatsover, right? It's mistaken thinking that he's more than a bottom 6 guy; Cassidy's playing him with Krejci - or has up until now anyway - to see if it'll help Krej's game, I'd think. That's not what I'd call "on Sweeney"

The bigger swing was on Kase, and still is, if you ask me. That guy needs to start scoring sometime soon, preferably. Ritchie contributing in that department would go a long way too

Both are minor adjustments. Both may prove valuable in limited roles.

Cassidy has time to find out their value, and where they fit.

Personally, I hope both find a home on the third or fourth line. "Internal competition." Neither -- in my view -- are second line material.

And that's okay.

Let's see what they got.

Reactions: Strafer

Overreactor

Mar 17, 2020
Deletedville
Eh, he left Cernak alone all game. Neither team is particularly tough, but the Bruins should be able to beat them up. Would be like Killer and Yanni Gorde.
Not sure what to make of Tampa. Feel like Bruins had an advantage, and over time Tampa took it from them. Also feel like Tampa is willing to put a line out to hit the Bruins top line, and Bruins are too gentlemanly to respond. Hedman is pretty great. Not a huge fan of Cooper, but he seems to handle Cassidy well enough. If the league ever restarts...

Reactions: Strafer

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Eh, he left Cernak alone all game. Neither team is particularly tough, but the Bruins should be able to beat them up. Would be like Killer and Yanni Gorde.

Not that it even matters at this point, but just have to say after Goodrow picked Kase's head Ritchie went after Goodrow. Cernak had a chance to step in between but veered off to grab tough guy Krejci instead. Cernak is a fraud and wanted no part of Ritchie, not the other way around.

Cernak acts like a tough guy but has fought one tough player in the NHL and got destroyed. that guy bothers me.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Didn't think the PGT was the right place for this, so I thought I'd put it here. Got bored and decided to look at the advanced numbers on Nick vs Brett over the last 3 years.

Player
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
Ritchie A​
51.82​
50.51​
48.78​
52.35​
52.78​
53.76​
Ritchie B​
50.01​
50.17​
54.34​
49.94​
49.54​
50.46​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I removed which is which, but its interesting to see how close their numbers are....yet one was waived to the AHL and the other is getting top 6 minutes. I will say though Nick plays a more physical game than Brett does

Reactions: LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Didn't think the PGT was the right place for this, so I thought I'd put it here. Got bored and decided to look at the advanced numbers on Nick vs Brett over the last 3 years.

Player
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
Ritchie A​
51.82​
50.51​
48.78​
52.35​
52.78​
53.76​
Ritchie B​
50.01​
50.17​
54.34​
49.94​
49.54​
50.46​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I removed which is which, but its interesting to see how close their numbers are....yet one was waived to the AHL and the other is getting top 6 minutes. I will say though Nick plays a more physical game than Brett does

I think the biggest difference is probably 5-on-5 offensive production (past 3 years).

Nick scores 0.56 goals per 60 minutes, with 1.6 points per 60 and 1.12 primary points per 60.
Brett scores 0.43 goals per 60, with 0.9 points per 60 and 0.6 primary points per 60.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think the biggest difference is probably 5-on-5 offensive production (past 3 years).

Nick scores 0.56 goals per 60 minutes, with 1.6 points per 60 and 1.12 primary points per 60.
Brett scores 0.43 goals per 60, with 0.9 points per 60 and 0.6 primary points per 60.

Ya, Nick seems to pull away in the assist department from Brett. Outside of that though they are pretty close

Player
Goals/60
Assists/60
Points/60
ixG/60
iCF/60
iSCF/60
iHDCF/60
Rush/60
Rebounds/60
Nick Ritchie​
0.56​
1.04​
1.6​
0.74​
12.34​
7.66​
4.26​
0.48​
0.85​
Brett Ritchie​
0.43​
0.47​
0.9​
0.66​
13.86​
7.4​
3.53​
0.43​
0.82​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Player
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
Ritchie A​
51.82​
50.51​
48.78​
52.35​
52.78​
53.76​
Ritchie B​
50.01​
50.17​
54.34​
49.94​
49.54​
50.46​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yeah, but in complete fairness, Brett Ritchie was getting those same top 6 minutes before and was equally undeserving of them as Nick is now.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Remember when Ritchie beat up the guy on Florida that had one NHL fight in his career and we were excited we had someone to stand up to the goons on Tampa and Washington?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh, no? People thinking Ritchie is a tough guy because of his size seemingly forget about Jimmy Hayes and how just having size does not translate to being tough.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad