Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think last night was his worst game. Looked like he was completely off.

I thought he played fairly well up until last night, honestly.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Ritchie for Heinen deal was a clear cut change of scenery type of move for both guys. Very little risk as neither was overly effective for their respective teams and more about the possible upside than getting an asset that would step in and light it up. As Heinen wasn't even dressing, does it really matter that Ritchie's ceiling looks to be that of a 4th line grinder?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'll take the guy who has the same production as Mr. Intensity and hits and punches people in the face every so often. The DPB may not like it but you still need toughness on your team. I feel a whole lot better with Ritchie on the team than Heinen in the playoffs.

I would have felt even better with Kassian or Anderson but Heinen would not have gotten you those players.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
The Ritchie for Heinen deal was a clear cut change of scenery type of move for both guys. Very little risk as neither was overly effective for their respective teams and more about the possible upside than getting an asset that would step in and light it up. As Heinen wasn't even dressing, does it really matter that Ritchie's ceiling looks to be that of a 4th line grinder?
No, but DS swung for the fences, again, in that they had hoped to plug him as a DK46 winger. Getting Kovalchuk for free would’ve been a much better move. As would Toffoli, but I digress.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No, but DS swung for the fences, again, in that they had hoped to plug him as a DK46 winger. Getting Kovalchuk for free would’ve been a much better move. As would Toffoli, but I digress.

I wasn't a Kovalchuk guy when they could have had him for nothing, and even less when they would have had to give the Scabs an asset to get him, so I was fine with him picking Washington. He's only got 1 goal in 7 games with them too and 2 in his last 14 games overall, so it's not like he's lighting it up.

Toffoli would have been nice, but they clearly didn't value him since there were rumors of LA having a standing offer with Boston if they wanted to pull the trigger well before he was actually dealt. I think they wanted Palmeiri or Kreider, and everything else was considered secondary, minor type of move, if that makes sense. It was great to get out from under the Backes deal, but it came at a hefty price.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Kovalchuk is picking it up, had a 3 point night the other night playing with Lars Eller. His 4 points in 7 games in Washington are ok for 3rd line minutes and limited PP time. Kase has 1 point playing on the 2nd line but we'll be told that's somehow good. Kase also isn't a 36 year old on his last legs so you'd expect some production right? Sadly I predict Kase won't be able to be nearly as productive as Kovalchuk who has now adjusting to his 3rd team this year. 17 points in 29 games for Kovalchuk playing at a league minimum. I assume most teams would take that from a 36 year old, I know i'd take that production from Kase or Ritchie

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Coyle had horrible numbers after he got to Boston too. Then he did come into his own in the playoffs. Right now we arent winning games because of Ritchie (forgetting this one game) or Kase BUT we also arent losing games because of them. Right now its important to find the right line for them until the playoffs. If they are sucking in those, then everybody has the right to shit on them

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
More like what Ritchie does until the end of the regular season will determine if he gets to play in the playoffs.

If that were the case, Charlie Coyle would have never seen the playoffs last year, and the Ryan Donato trade would be a win for the Wild.

Reactions: shoulders7

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
What would Heinen say to Coleman?

Also, would Heinen get involved in that melee like everyone else?
I like that he’s tough and will fight. Major plusses. But, and I know it’s early, but so far, he’s done little aside from that, has taken some dumb minors, it pudgier than Beleskey, is pretty slow and has coughed up the puck a bit.

I don’t blame him for not actually being a legit potential 2nd line winger, I blame DS for not having acquired one perhaps thinking that he could insert a guy like Ritchie in there as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia