Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So if he was small, speedy and had the same number of points how many of the people who dislike Ritchie would love him?

They finally start to look like a team that is ready to do some damage in the playoffs because they have some size and grit in Frederic, Ritchie and Lazar up front.

How about they get rid of Kase instead?

You protect Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, Coyle, Smith, Frederic and Ritchie as your forwards.

Carlo, Mac and either Grizz or Lauzon as your D.

No I did not forget about DeBrusk, he will love Seattle and the Bruins get to keep all their D

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I remember getting bashed for saying his production will drop when the team gets healthy and he is no longer on the first power play unit. He’s had 8 points in his last 31 games.

Id probably bring him back, but no way should they be paying anything more than $2.25m a year for him. That might even be a bit much.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
There's just no place for him. He's going to fancy himself a second liner in the NHL, and he's not able to really play our 3rd line all that well given his linemates (which are now cemented give or take). We'd be wise to trade for a better fit.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
same

but I wish he would take the puck strong to the net once in a while. Use his body/long reach as a shield and power a goal in

There is no point of dumping or slow dumping and trying to retrieve the puck. I have rarely seen him win that battle

otherwise learn to "slow high flip/lob" the puck while on the move and at least smash the defensemen.

There are ways he can get around "it" even with so so skating

But does he ever do it? It's the same with DeBrusk. These guys have talent, but they don't have heart. That's why I want to pass on both.

Reactions: BMC and Blowfish

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I feel bad for him . A player who put up a decent year and could somewhat keep up with the grind.

Just fell off due to some great adds.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ritchie would be a great 4th line guy and can play up with injury. It's just hilarious how he's the scapegoat but Wagner, Kuraly, Kuhlman, etc are all efficient.

If a guy goes down, would you rather have Ritchie fill the spot or a guy like Wagner?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ritchie's current 82 games pace:

36 points, 147 hits.

I looked back on the last full season (18-19) to see how many forwards had 35 points or more with a minimum 140 hits. This was the list:

Coleman
OV
Anderson
Wilson
Ferland
N.Foligno
B.Tkachuk
E.Kane
Kreider
Jenner
D.Brown
Getzlaf
Hornqvist
Benn

14 guys. That's it. Which tells me finding forwards who can post 35 points and 140 hits in 82 games is fairly difficult. Not many players to choose from, and hard and expensive to acquire in their prime years (24-29).

Meanwhile some want Ritchie benched, others want him exposed to Seattle, I think some just plain want him gone. If he was exposed to Seattle they would gladly take Ritchie for the trade value alone.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ritchie's current 82 games pace:

36 points, 147 hits.

I looked back on the last full season (18-19) to see how many forwards had 35 points or more with a minimum 140 hits. This was the list:

Coleman
OV
Anderson
Wilson
Ferland
N.Foligno
B.Tkachuk
E.Kane
Kreider
Jenner
D.Brown
Getzlaf
Hornqvist
Benn

14 guys. That's it. Which tells me finding forwards who can post 35 points and 140 hits in 82 games is fairly difficult. Not many players to choose from, and hard and expensive to acquire in their prime years (24-29).

Meanwhile some want Ritchie benched, others want him exposed to Seattle, I think some just plain want him gone. If he was exposed to Seattle they would gladly take Ritchie for the trade value alone.

Now what was more of an aberration, 14 points in his first 18 games or 8 points in his last 31 games?

He got off to a solid start playing on the first PP unit, but then the magic seemed to die out and the PP had very little movement on it and he wasn’t putting back rebound goals anymore.

He’s been in the league for six year now and has yet to eclipse the 35 point mark. His career high is 31.

I imagine if your broadened your scope to players who would be on pace for 35 points/140 hits rather than players who had 35 points/140 hits over the last full season then the numbers would expand quite a bit.

Reactions: Blowfish

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He is unfortunately getting worse as the season goes on. There have been times where he is basically playing at Summer 2020 level.

Too bad, he really looked like a different player at the beginning of the year. We should have an abundance of riches on the third line with Coyle, DeBrusk and Ritchie, but instead it's our weak link.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
So if he was small, speedy and had the same number of points how many of the people who dislike Ritchie would love him?

They finally start to look like a team that is ready to do some damage in the playoffs because they have some size and grit in Frederic, Ritchie and Lazar up front.

How about they get rid of Kase instead?

You protect Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, Coyle, Smith, Frederic and Ritchie as your forwards.

Carlo, Mac and either Grizz or Lauzon as your D.

No I did not forget about DeBrusk, he will love Seattle and the Bruins get to keep all their D
I certainly hope Seattle decides to go for Debrusk, I dread them deciding to take one of our D and I would really hate to lose either Gryz or Lauzon. Debrusk still has a lot of potential but losing him is definitely easier to stomach than one of our D.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He seemingly hurt Ty Smith by grabbing him a little bit, he’s like a Saint Bernard trying to give a hug. Fella doesn’t know his own power!

(in reality it seems like smith maybe tweaked something in his leg)

Reactions: The National

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Listening to Rangers fans in depression over Wilson ragdolling their 180pd superstar (Panarin) tonight, I was just thinking how great it is to have this man-mountain (and Frederic) vs. Wilson and the scumbag Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad