Player Discussion Nick Ritchie - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Dude has played 15 games as a Bruin, during a pandemic where the country shut down for months.

BTW, he scores about the same as Anders Bjork, so he's not a total loss. Hopefully he drops some pounds and when he starts fresh like everyone else he will make a contribution. 10 goals, 20 assists and 200 hits wouldn't be horrible which is about what he averaged his short career

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Interesting... would never have thought that.

There are a ton of meme generator sites with preloaded images. All you do is pick one and enter the text. Takes like a minute to make one.

For example:
4iic2o.jpg

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Again, put the puck in the net more than Bjork and Kase down the stretch. An out of shape, fat, pig who cant skate or do anything put the puck in more than both those guys put together.

If your argument is that those guys didn't get enough heat for their lack of production, then I agree. They need to produce. But the eyeball test should matter too. They touch the puck, they make plays with the puck, they pressure the puck. Nick Ritchie is ZONES AWAY from the puck on every shift. In a larger sample size, being a fat slob who is zones away from the play is not likely to outperform players who actually have the puck on their sticks.

Reactions: LSCII

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If your argument is that those guys didn't get enough heat for their lack of production, then I agree. They need to produce. But the eyeball test should matter too. They touch the puck, they make plays with the puck, they pressure the puck. Nick Ritchie is ZONES AWAY from the puck on every shift. In a larger sample size, being a fat slob who is zones away from the play is not likely to outperform players who actually have the puck on their sticks.
I believe there were 0 goals in 40+ games for Kase and Bjork combined down the stretch. My argument is complete lack of production.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The irony is that he's a younger version of David Backes that isn't as willing to embrace the enforcer role like Backes did at the end of his time here.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Dude has played 15 games as a Bruin, during a pandemic where the country shut down for months.

BTW, he scores about the same as Anders Bjork, so he's not a total loss. Hopefully he drops some pounds and when he starts fresh like everyone else he will make a contribution. 10 goals, 20 assists and 200 hits wouldn't be horrible which is about what he averaged his short career

And probably what management was expecting out of him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'd be happy if he just got back to the 200+ hit mark.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe the most interesting thing about this thread is many of those who were "whipping" Heinen routinely are now defending Ritchie and vise versa lol

they’re pretty much polar opposite players so I can see how it happened

I defended both of em lol

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd be happy if he just got back to the 200+ hit mark.

If he plays a full season and has 2 measly hits per game, that gets him to 164. Is it really that much of an effort to get to 2oo from there? I don't think so at all, but what do I know? It's certainly attainable if he wants it enough.

Reactions: BruinDust

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If he plays a full season and has 2 measly hits per game, that gets him to 164. Is it really that much of an effort to get to 2oo from there? I don't think so at all, but what do I know? It's certainly attainable if he wants it enough.

I would think a guy like that could get two hits a shift, ffs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Shouldn't be. Should be easy for him.....if he wants it.

I would of loved to been a fly on the wall in his exit interview.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He has potential to be a force on the ice. He needs to lose weight and work on his skating if he wants to make the team next season.

Reactions: Fenian24

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lets say Ritchie comes into camp in better shape. What are the expectation production wise for him? His per game rates over his career put him at a 12G/19A guy. Do we think he'll increase in production off his career average? If he's giving 31pts and bringing a physical game will people be happy with that?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lets say Ritchie comes into camp in better shape. What are the expectation production wise for him? His per game rates over his career put him at a 12G/19A guy. Do we think he'll increase in production off his career average? If he's giving 31pts and bringing a physical game will people be happy with that?
I would, but I would also like to also see some overall consistency in his game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think if you give him bottom 6 minutes you'll see him play more of a rugged style. 10-11 minutes a game, toss him with a few bangers and let him go. The pressure to produce in the top 6 probably wasn't good either.

I'd like to give him a few more games to see, but yeah, as a guy who "supports" him, he left a lot to be desired, honestly.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He came in from the west and those fans said he takes dumb penalties and is not committed to training properly. He was as advertised. With the covid shutdown he had 4 months to lose weight and get a second chance at redeeming himself, very rare opportunity. He did not improve his cardio.

I think Frederic will give us more, he is cheaper and has better hands, seems hungrier too. Ritchie should be on a short leash at the start of the season. TFred is going to be a better fit all around if Ritchie squanders his chance again. T Fred will step in and defend our players and lay a beating. We do not have that now.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

he will not get that on the 4th line, so we would have to reduce those numbers IMO. If the Bruins are done, the middle six LW will prob be JDB and Bjork.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Nick Ritchie comes into camp in shape realizing his next stop is the KHL he get 20 goals 20 assists and 200 plus hits and 100+ pims on Coyles line.

If he plays like he did most of last year he is on Providences top line by mid season with Frederic taking his place in the line up, maybe not with Coyle but on the roster.

Talent is there to be a power forward they desperately need, attitude and maturity can easily send him packing.

Reactions: Kegs

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Just better shape or brings more consistency as well?

I’ll say:

Better Shape: 14-18 goals, 30-35 points. Also, will lead the team in hits with 250+. One issue with him is he can’t keep up as well. A better step and he’s able to finish checks more.

Better Shape/Attitude: 20 goals, 40-45 points. Also would mean he earned a spot playing with Krejci in the Top 6. I’m a positive mood tonight. Still the chances this happen are 27%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad