News: Nick Ritchie and Anaheim Ducks aren't close on a deal yet.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
When young players haven't proven to be key contributors, the Ducks have been very stingy on RFA deals and don't seem willing to pay for potential. I have no doubt they're stuck on a one or two year "show me" deal for less than 1.5M and that Ritchie's camp is trying to make a case for a "young top 9 forward with potential" type bridge contract. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
About time Nick Ritchie is a bust, I dont even want to resign em. Murray shouldn't offer him anything and either trade for a better forward this season, or look at our youth as a replacement.

2017-2018 season = 76 games 10 goals....... like yah man you're AHL level with that type of production.

You have a pretty high standard for what constitutes an NHL player. 27 points last year which was more than Berglund, Gibbons, Bonino, Plekanec, Duclair, Beagle, Wingels and Andrighetto and 50+ others. Are they all "AHL players?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Interesting rebuttal from someone who just said half our AHL team could score double digits goals in the pros

10 goals is barely double digits. Terry, Steel, Kossilla all need hard looks this camp. Those are the most promising. Maybe not half, but there’s quite a few who can make a splash.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Dol Colle is the only one who could be considered a bust since he's only played 4 nhl games so far and was a top 5 pick. The other guys have all played at least 140 games (Virtanen being that 140), he also has posted the lowest point totals. So I'm not sure why you're making it seem like Virtanen is much better than the players listed. These guys are all high picks who have not become what people expected, but 3 of them have at least carved a spot in the nhl.
Virtanen is the only one that jumped out at me because I follow his team more than the others. I didn't mean to say he was better, but we seem to agree on the fact that 3/4 aren't busts, just underwhelming compared to predraft expectations.

Reactions: dracom

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
10 goals is barely double digits. Terry, Steel, Kossilla all need hard looks this camp. Those are the most promising. Maybe not half, but there’s quite a few who can make a splash.
you realize Ritchie also scored 14 goals the year before right?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Haha, one of us will be sure to run this crucial scouting report to Carlyle, ASAP.

Reactions: Paul4587

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Ritchie is very disappointing. I expected a lot from the hype. I wonder if he's asking for way too much

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

You think Kossilla is one of our three most promising forward prospects? Almost as bad as your suggestion that Sustr could replace Manson's minutes.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Every team would inquire about him if he was made available. He is a type of guy all teams want.

Id be very interested to see what his agent is asking.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Actually Ducks have too many depth wingers fighting for spots all 3 of the guys above could play, so losing Ritchie isn't going to hurt.I would trade him for a 2nd

Exactly Ducks are so bottom heavy. Like giving this kid a contract when other players are hungry for the spot doesn’t make sense. You need a bridge or we trade you. I don’t know what Ritchie and his agent are thinking trying to negotiate. Like there’s no wiggle room here. Your stats are your stats. You were bad for third line minutes for 76 games bruh.

Reactions: bags07

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Exactly Ducks are so bottom heavy. Like giving this kid a contract when other players are hungry for the spot doesn’t make sense. You need a bridge or we trade you. I don’t know what Ritchie and his agent are thinking trying to negotiate. Like there’s no wiggle room here. Your stats are your stats. You were bad for third line minutes for 76 games bruh.

I've seen you post around here a lot and you're just the kind of guy that says stuff like 'this guy's great in Jr/AHL he's better than the entire bottom six', and then totally **** on the guy after one or two NHL seasons. One of the worst cases of shiny new toy syndrome on this website.

Watch Roy/Kossila come up and put up 20-25 pts which most Ducks fans would be fine with. You're just gonna try and run them out of town too.

Reactions: dracom

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I was including Ritchie in many trade proposals and Ducks fans acted like I was asking for Getzlaf.

What is with Ducks fans. Ritchie is awesome when I propose a trade, but now he sucks because of a contract negotiation?

Ritchie needs to go bro. You didn’t hear that from me. We have three players who are hungry for the NHL jump. Who most likely kick Ritchie’s butt during camp. Speak on the other duck fans not me. Ritchie is fully available if he doesn’t want a bridge type contract. Dude is gonna get smoked next to Terry or Steel or Kossilla when it’s camp time.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I've seen you post around here a lot and you're just the kind of guy that says stuff like 'this guy's great in Jr/AHL he's better than the entire bottom six, and then totally **** on the guy after one or two NHL seasons. One of the worst cases of shiny new toy syndrome on this website.

Watch Roy/Kossila come up and put up 20-25 pts which most Ducks fans would be fine with. You're just gonna try and run them out of town too.

Have You even watched any of the players we are talking about? Terry? Steel? Kossilla in the AHL? I have and they are ready for third line duties over Ritchie. They are extremely hungry and can help this team.

Shout out to the Gulls for 2$ beer nights.

Reactions: agentblack

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Have You even watched any of the players we are talking about? Terry? Steel? Kossilla in the AHL? I have and they are ready for third line duties over Ritchie. They are extremely hungry and can help this team.

Kossila's a great AHL player and probably a decent depth option for the NHL but I'm not willing to bet on him getting anything more then 20-25 pts in the NHL. Terry and Steel both looked great at the rookie camp, but it was a rookie camp. Let's see how they hold up in preseason games against a mix of NHL/AHL level talent.

If Ritchie signs and we assume Kesler/Eaves start injured here's what I'd go with:
Rakell-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Steel-Kase
Gibbons/Roy-Rowney/Kossila-Terry

The Ducks can fit these young guys without having to kick out a still developing 22 yr old

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Do you share this account with someone? Just a few weeks ago you were saying that Steel was definitely not NHL ready.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Do you share this account with someone? Just a few weeks ago you were saying that Steel was definitely not NHL ready.
You're right, when Rico was extended that user was saying Steel should not play in the NHL yet and should play a season in the AHL first. Called Kossila an AHL permanent player as well. This guy just contradicts himself so he can crap on Ritchie.

Reactions: Still Mighty

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Good thing none of these guys play Ritchie’s position

Reactions: Still Mighty

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Two ways to look at Ritchie.

1. He's a first rounder so should be scoring 30 goals by now. Dump his lazy butt. He is what he is and will never get better.

2. He played full time on a very successful line last year, adding a physical presence that enabled Kase and Henrique to thrive. He has some evident skills that may translate into improved production as he matures.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
He'll cave, Bargain Bob doesn't mess around with RFA's, even when they have some leverage. Ritchie has none. He's not the first player in history to struggle in his second season and some of the haters on the Ducks board are pure comedy, but he has no leverage at all to ask for more than a bridge deal with a modest salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00