News: Nick Ritchie and Anaheim Ducks aren't close on a deal yet.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Dude you're so far reaching. Comparing Penner to Nick Ritchie??? are you serious?? Penner was amazing when he first made the Ducks. Ritchie can't even hold Penners jock strap.

2006-2007 82 gp 29 goals 16 assists 45 pts total for Penner.

2017-2018 76 gp Ritchie barely hit 10 goals and 27 points.

Even when penner came back???? When he came back to Anaheim?
2013-14 49 GP 13 goals 19 assists 32 pts.

Penner did more half an entire season than ritchie at full season. Do you even watch hockey??? that not even comparable numbers next to Penner. And to say he can be complimentary like Penner??? LOL I dont even think you watch hockey man. Penner was by far not complimentary he put up numbers. Ritchie DOES Not!

No it's not a far reach. They are similar size and style. Ritchie just hasn't put it all together yet.

Lol at your stats are everything approach. Go back to staring at hockeydb. Welcome to my Ignore list.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
They aren’t good comparisons because I’m backing my argument with facts. Outside of 19 games at start of his career with the ducks Penner posted numbers immediately. His stats of 29 goals in 06-07 as a rookie makes Ritchie look like chopped liver.

You’re all back peddling saying age and what not (...)

"I'm backing my statement with facts, whereas you're back paddling with... facts."

Absolutely slayed them with facts & logic.

Reactions: Sojourn

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Anaheim should just rebuild, they have absolutely no shot at a cup with this ageing group.
The Ducks have one of the best young defensive cores in the league, including a top young goalie. One key player (Getzlaf) and a couple former key player (Perry, Kesler) are indeed aging, but all these guys cannot be moved. This is not a situation for a rebuild, at all.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
They aren’t good comparisons because I’m backing my argument with facts. Outside of 19 games at start of his career with the ducks Penner posted numbers immediately. His stats of 29 goals in 06-07 as a rookie makes Ritchie look like chopped liver.

You’re all back peddling saying age and what not because you have nothing factual to say that Ritchie is comparable. There’s literally nothing factual between ritchie and Penner that are relatable.

Even Penner was on the third line in the beginning of his tenure with the ducks. Like let’s be honest here. That was a horrid example of comparison

Penner was in college playing with big boys, whereas Ritchie was in juniors being a big boy with kids. If you put Penner and Ritchie on the same team, Ritchie would outperform him. Penner played with better linemates so his stats areinflated.

Lmao, Penner mostly (even with his return) played with Getzlaf. They're is a sure big difference between playing with Getzlaf and playing with Henrique.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
The Ducks have one of the best young defensive cores in the league, including a top young goalie. One key player (Getzlaf) and a couple former key player (Perry, Kesler) are indeed aging, but all these guys cannot be moved. This is not a situation for a rebuild, at all.

Aside from Getzlaf and Rakell, their forwards are horrible.

And who knows if Getzlaf will not start Perry's huge decline as soon as this season.

Sadly I don't see Anaheim being a contender for many years.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

And who knows if Getzlaf will not start Perry's huge decline as soon as this season.

Silfverberg, near elite defensively, puts up 40-50 points and has 45 points in 69 playoff games. Apparently that's horrible.

Kase a 22 year old that just put up 20 goals and 38 points in 66 games. Guess that's horrible too.

Henrique put up 20 goals and 36 points in 57 games for us last season, a legit top 6 center. Just horrible.

Cogs, the Iron Man (that suspension was BS and he still has not missed a game due to injury), defensively strong, fast skater who puts up a consistent 35 points. Incredible on the PK. Trash player

Say what you want about Perry, he still put up 49 points last season.

It's helpful when someone is nice enough to show how little they actually know about a team.

Oct 18, 2011

You are very ill informed, guys like Kase, Henrique, and Silf are all good players, with a couple of young guys pushing for spots. But again this is the trade forum where people constantly spout off about Anaheims players without knowing much about the team

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
If he watched how some of those up and coming kids performed last night(the score did not reflect the play) he may be feeling a little less comfortable today.

O.T, loved seeing the players not starting the game serving food and drink etc.
Personal interactions with fans at that level is a great idea.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

It really isn't rocket sciene, whos to say Getzlaf(who had a higher PPG than any of torontos centers last year) wont continue to be that same dominant center.

Kase is great, and a top 6 winger, alongside Rakell… both of which are still improving.
Henrique is a solid 2c/3c, Silf is a great defensive winger, with 40-50 point range.
Ritchie is 1 of the most physical wingers in the league, and still has untapped potential that could turn him into a middle 6 forward.

Sure Perry/Kesler/Eaves decline kinda sucks... but their contracts will be up soon enough... and the team can use that money to fill in gaps.

We have a top young d core(Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Montour, Larsson, Pettersson, Mahura) , an elite goalie in Gibson... that can basically carry us.

Even up front in our system we have Steel, Lundestrom, Comtois, Jones, Terry to fill in for Eaves/perry/Kesler…. I don't think a rebuild is necessary anytime soon ... all we really need to do if find an eventual replacement for Getzlaf when he starts to slow down, but he hasn't shown signs of that yet.

And worst case scenario, maybe we move fowler down the line when mahura/petterson/Larsson have expierence and grab some help up front.

Not nearly as bad as you make it out to be, the biggest problem with Anaheim is the coach/system he runs.

Reactions: Dmang714

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

You’re all back peddling saying age and what not because you have nothing factual to say that Ritchie is comparable. There’s literally nothing factual between ritchie and Penner that are relatable.

Even Penner was on the third line in the beginning of his tenure with the ducks. Like let’s be honest here. That was a horrid example of comparison

This I learned today: Age is not a fact.

There is actually quite a bit that is relatable. There are also some things that favor Penner strongly. For instance, PP scoring was up, and fully a third of Penner’s goals that season came on the PP, as well as a significant portion of his overall points.

Ritchie, in contrast, had one powerplay goal, and all of 3 points. With his under 30 seconds of PP time on average. Dustin Penner averaged 3 minutes of PP time in 2006-2007.

Penner played on a team that was deep from the top line to the 4th line, which means no matter where he played(he played with Getzlaf and Perry) he was surrounded by high end talent. That third line you’re talking about? Getzlaf and Perry were his line mates. So let’s not pretend it was really just a 3rd line.

Ritchie has had some opportunity with talent, but by no means is it consistent. Interesting factoid: Despite all of this, Ritchie has a whopping 5 points less than Penner at even strength. Penner was a better goal scorer, but this offensive gap between them is being massively exaggerated by you. The primary difference was on the PP, where not only was PP opportunity up, leaguewide, but where Penner got significant more opportunity.

5 points. That’s the difference between Penner at 24 and Ritchie at 22. That’s your gap between the “Ritchie can’t compare to Penner.” 5. Points. Oh, and that’s with Ritchie playing 6 fewer games. Seems to me that Ritchie is far more comparable to Penner than you realize.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I believe he will sign after the season starts.....
Hopefully he is working and maintaining what he allegedly did this off season.

Having a kid like Ritchie who can play, and be a pretty big physical presence is important. I don’t want plugs, but Manson is hugely valuable both for his play, and potential mean streak, and Ritchie if he gets himself stronger, fit and somehow a bit smarter, even as a middle line guy who can play up when needed seems too valuable to give up on?

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm willing to be patient with Ritchie but he took a huge step backwards last year. He deserves only the minimum increase that the CBA allows. If he gets his game together, he is in for a big payday in 1-2 years. Until then, he is really nothing more than a 4th liner. He kills any line he is on right now.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Ducks need to retool not rebuild. Actually, the Sharks transition from Thornton/Marleau is the model. Blend in young players while reducing the role (or getting rid of) older ones. Then add free agents/outside players opportunistically.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
This I learned today: Age is not a fact.

There is actually quite a bit that is relatable. There are also some things that favor Penner strongly. For instance, PP scoring was up, and fully a third of Penner’s goals that season came on the PP, as well as a significant portion of his overall points.

Ritchie, in contrast, had one powerplay goal, and all of 3 points. With his under 30 seconds of PP time on average. Dustin Penner averaged 3 minutes of PP time in 2006-2007.

Penner played on a team that was deep from the top line to the 4th line, which means no matter where he played(he played with Getzlaf and Perry) he was surrounded by high end talent. That third line you’re talking about? Getzlaf and Perry were his line mates. So let’s not pretend it was really just a 3rd line.

Ritchie has had some opportunity with talent, but by no means is it consistent. Interesting factoid: Despite all of this, Ritchie has a whopping 5 points less than Penner at even strength. Penner was a better goal scorer, but this offensive gap between them is being massively exaggerated by you. The primary difference was on the PP, where not only was PP opportunity up, leaguewide, but where Penner got significant more opportunity.

5 points. That’s the difference between Penner at 24 and Ritchie at 22. That’s your gap between the “Ritchie can’t compare to Penner.” 5. Points. Oh, and that’s with Ritchie playing 6 fewer games. Seems to me that Ritchie is far more comparable to Penner than you realize.

So basically what your excuse is referring to is Powerplay time. So we have age, we have Powerplay Time. Anymore excuses on why Penner should be compared to Ritchie? Because Ritchie doesn’t even deserve Powerplay time because he has no shot, nor can he pass like our PP unit.

Carlyle coached Penner and he’s also coaching Ritchie. If the coaching staff saw any Penner esk in ritchie he would be on the PP unit. But he’s not. So those are facts. Y’all are speaking hyperboles and spewing nonsense when facts are being laid out in front of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad