Friedman: Nick Jensen (WSH) likely available. Capitals interested in Mike Green (DET)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit should take Jensen back, clearly he fits their playstyle much better. Rehabilitate his value then trade him again as a 2nd pairing D on a low cap hit. Can insulate their rookies on D a bit in the meanwhile.

He has zero chance of beating out Hronek or Seider for Top 4 minutes.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hopefully the Wings don't rush Seider like that for his sake

If Detroit doesn't want to rush Seider they can sign a RD plug for a year, not trade for one that has 3 left.

Realistically, Seider isn't the type of player that's going to get exposed defensively. Any hesitation with him will be to develop his offensive game.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Teams make dumb trades when they're trying to contend all the time. If that weren't the case, you'd still have Filip Forsberg.

That's not really an insult by the way, it just came to mind. Detroit has plenty. Like Jarnkrok for Legwand. Or a 1st (Mike Green) for Robert Lang. Or a 1st (Andrei Vasilevsky) for KYLE QUINCEY.

giphy.gif
McLellan isn’t George McPhee. I think people should stop holding their breath for Forsberg-Erat Redux.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Detroit should take Jensen back, clearly he fits their playstyle much better. Rehabilitate his value then trade him again as a 2nd pairing D on a low cap hit. Can insulate their rookies on D a bit in the meanwhile.

Nah, we’re good. We have enough scrubs on the roster.

I doubt Stevie wants to bring back dead weight from Holland’s tenure

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Loved it?

Boyd is a 26 year old, healthy scratched more than half the time and has absolutely no role or place on the Caps.
He’s literally the most skilled player in the Caps Bottom 6 and it’s not close. Healthy scratch or no, Boyd belongs and puts a spark in that group when he’s on the ice. Hathaway, Hagelin, hell even Panik all bring something unique. Boyd has a role and is good at it. I sure as hell would not just trade him so we can bring in Mike F’ing Green for sentimental s#!+$ and @!@$.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad