Friedman: Nick Jensen (WSH) likely available. Capitals interested in Mike Green (DET)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
“I’ve heard that Jensen might be available,” Friedman says on the “31 Thoughts” podcast. “It just hasn’t worked there as much as they’d like. You just added Dillon, and your top four is gonna be Carlson, Orlov, Kempny, and Dillon. I think Washington might have some interest in [Mike] Green. Jensen’s extended for four years at two and a half million. That’s a big number. I just don’t think it’s worked there as much as everybody hoped, so I could see Jensen potentially being moved.”

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jensen is going to be a hard sell with the amount of years he has left. $2.5 million isn't bad for him at all, but 3 more years for a guy that's a question mark is probably too risky for a lot of teams without a sweetener.

Trading struggling guys with lower caps hits for a lot of years left is more difficult than trading struggling guys with a high cap hits for only a year or 2 IMO.

Reactions: BHD

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
From a neutral stand point:

Cap wise, a Jensen+ for 50% retained Green seems to make a lot of sense for the Caps if they're trying to get rid of him...

The Wings also likely need some D that'll be around past this season when Green, Daley, Ericsson and Biega are all gone...

From a Red Wings fan standpoint:

:help::help::help:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Not sure why Jensen didn't work out the Caps, but always liked him when he was with the Wings.

A change of scenery could be all he needs.

Hard to fathom that Mike Green was a 76pt D-man for the Caps back in 2009; he's played only 90 games over the past two seasons - how much does he really have left?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
From a neutral stand point:

Cap wise, a Jensen+ for 50% retained Green seems to make a lot of sense for the Caps if they're trying to get rid of him...

The Wings also likely need some D that'll be around past this season when Green, Daley, Ericsson and Biega are all gone...

From a Red Wings fan standpoint:

:help::help::help:

Detroit doesn't need another RHD, and it feels good to say that.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Detroit doesn't need another RHD, and it feels good to say that.

I mean, couldn't we have said the same thing before Yzerman brought in Biega?

I think the lesson here is if Ken Holland calls offering some smooth skating late 20's rental Dman for a 2nd rounder, HANG UP THE PHONE.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3