News Article: Nick Fotiu destroys Rangers game 7 effort

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Good to see someone take a shot at Kreider for once.

However, Nick is as stupid as the fans who believe effort was the difference.

Boomer said as much on his show last week... effort wasn't there. Everyone I spoke to who watched the game said the same thing... they didn't look like they wanted it.

Everyone who sees it this way is just stupid huh?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Boomer said as much on his show last week... effort wasn't there. Everyone I spoke to who watched the game said the same thing... they didn't look like they wanted it.

Yes.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Yea, pretty much.

In fact, anybody who refuses to acknowledge that there was an opposition on the ice who was doing good things is naive.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Absolutely.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I won't pull any punches on this one.

Anyone who believes that any players on the Rangers didn't want to win are supremely stupid.

The amazing fact is that at this level, skill and luck determines the winners and losers.
Pls. U just don't get it. Rangers did not want Stanley Cup. The players wanted to go home. No effort. No heart. Tampa didn't even try. Rangers have no effort. Rangers are literally the manifestation of Rick Nash in team form. All loser.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I won't pull any punches on this one.

Anyone who believes that any players on the Rangers didn't want to win are supremely stupid.

The amazing fact is that at this level, skill and luck determines the winners and losers.

Not pulling punches? Eh? Ok.

They blew the same team out a couple of nights before 7-3..
They did none of the things that made them successful in that game for game 7. No one stepped up to make a difference.

You didn't see anything to make you believe otherwise.

You have no other insight

You're just another pencil pusher armchair GM.

Stick to your fantasy teams

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
You honestly watched that game 7 and all you saw was a team that didn't want to play for the Stanley Cup?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The Lightning are a great team. And the Rangers were a broken team.

Looking back I can't believe the series went 7 games.

And we are talking about effort? I think people still misunderstand the difference between "effort" and "intensity". If people aren't skating around at full speed with reckless abandon for 60 minutes... then there is no effort. Which of course is nonsense.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
All props to Tampa for completely shutting us down, and maybe "lack of effort" isn't an accurate portrayal of what was going on in our guys' heads and whatnot, but that's what it looked like. I was there live, and just about everybody thought we weren't skating hard or battling enough.

With that said, does that mean the Rangers weren't trying to win? No, I think it's more likely that we just ran out of steam. Especially considering the injuries to our top 3 d-men. Tampa's just a little younger, a little faster, and to be honest I think all the media attention paid to the Rangers' Game 7 home ice advantage probably put a chip on their shoulder.

Anybody who plays or has competed in any sport knows that some days, you just don't have it. The Rangers didn't have it in Game 7. And really, does anybody honestly think we had it in Games 4-6? Except for two explosive third periods, we looked like crap on wheels while Lundqvist played out of his skin. Games 1-2 were our best, which is ridiculous because we got killed in Game 2.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Isn't it safe to say, that with all the injured players, we just wouldn't have won the Cup anyhow? Not that we shouldn't have put in an effort, but players were injured and what you really don't want is to make any of that worse by playing more 110% (intensity) games.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Isn't it safe to say, that with all the injured players, we just wouldn't have won the Cup anyhow? Not that we shouldn't have put in an effort, but players were injured and what you really don't want is to make any of that worse by playing more 110% (intensity) games.

This. As much as I wanted us to play in the Finals, how embarrassing would it have been to lose two finals in a row? There's little chance we would have won with all those injures. It just sucks because watching what Tampa is doing to the Hawks with their speed, we could have done the same thing if healthy.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't think I could handle going to back to back SCF and watching this team lose in 5 and 4 games.

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
It just sucks because watching what Tampa is doing to the Hawks with their speed, we could have done the same thing if healthy.

Absolutely, and **** Tampa. They have Hedman ... that is to me a guaranteed Cup right there.

I don't think I could handle going to back to back SCF and watching this team lose in 5 and 4 games.

Me neither.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not pulling punches? Eh? Ok.

They blew the same team out a couple of nights before 7-3..
They did none of the things that made them successful in that game for game 7. No one stepped up to make a difference.

You didn't see anything to make you believe otherwise.

You have no other insight

You're just another pencil pusher armchair GM.

Stick to your fantasy teams

Okay, genius.

Explain the Rangers motive for not trying.

People like you live in a true fantasy world where if the team you root for tries, they win.

The idiocy of that thought pattern, taken out to full realization, would say that in every game, one team tries more than the other.

You remind me of some people who bet on horses. When their horse loses, they say their jockey wasn't trying. When your horse wins, you tell people that of course your horse won. It was easy to figure it out by reading the program.

Let's get back to the crux of the biscuit.

Who on the Rangers was not trying, and what would be the reason for their not trying?

Was it fixed?

Guys playing on broken ankles and some idiot fans question their effort.

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Because we haven't picked in the top 5 in like ages?

Look at Doughty, Hedman, OEL and so on.

Stralman is complimentary, no Hedman, no Cup for Tampa, I'm certain of that.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Because we haven't picked in the top 5 in like ages?

Look at Doughty, Hedman, OEL and so on.

Stralman is complimentary, no Hedman, no Cup for Tampa, I'm certain of that.

Barring injury, Hedman is a lock hall-of-famer. He is one of the best combinations of size, skill, and smarts I have ever seen.

Stamkos might be the best forward in the game.

The triplets line is insanely talented.

Bishop ain't much, but he doesn't have to be. Vasilevski is far better, in my opinion.

And they are all young.

Yzerman is either lucky or a great GM.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
How did it feel knowing Nick wanted to win more than you?

I can tell you that he intimidated the crap out of all of us. Imagine Fotiu not only being by far the toughest guy there, but more talented than almost everyone else.

And for those who don't remember him, he was a very fast skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad