News Article: Nick Fotiu destroys Rangers game 7 effort

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Hard to disagree with anything he said. We didn't have the right horses for this race.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Wow... good for him. This team needs a kick in the butt. They're was no heart, no urgency, nothing. Sather and Gorton have some work to do this offseason.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Echoes what every NYR fan thinks.

What a ****ing waste. This loss will hurt until the next season starts.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wow, that article is dead on. It echoes most every sentiment I've felt since the other night, especially with some time to reflect.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
The team made it to game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals and now the entire team sucks.

RB, did you watch game 7? To play balls out and lose to a better team is what we as fans want and can accept. To come out flat, heartless and gutless, as they did in game 7 of the ECF, yeah they suck!

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This is what I am referring to when I talk about toughness.

Fighting is one aspect, but not nearly the most important aspect.

The hardest hit I seen Tyler take was when he crashed into his own player.

Stamkos ran McD into the boards and then punched Stepan in the face 4-5 times in the ensuing scrum.

Why was he not targeted?

frustrating.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
It's good to see the simple truth, without all the over-analysis that just muddies the water.
When plain simple fans post something to the same effect, so many consider it to be a lack of loyalty or something ridiculous like that.

Emotion is a big part of sport. It is probably more apparent in hockey whether the team has the right attitude and spark than it is in most other sports. You can tell. Don't tell me Nick Fotiu cannot tell.

Why do some psoters go off on a tangent? The remarks about Game 7 are correct. We are talking about Game 7. Game 7 was do it or go home. They did not go balls to the wall.
Nick nailed it.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Article is spot on. I'll just echo what I said in the Lundqvist thread last night. Our players did not show up and didn't want to fight for it. Any goal Hank lets in, we lose, because the team him front of him was a no show and didn't score. With the pathetic effort they were playing with, they weren't going to score.

Many people - teammates and otherwise - comment on Hank having an insane desire to win and one of the highest compete levels going. And the bottom line to me... if the rest of the team played with this same compete level, every shift of every game, they're playing in the SCF right now. I believe that emphatically. But they were on vacation in games 5 and 7 and TB deservedly moved on.

Garbage, heartless, unacceptable effort. The team that showed up to play won the series. And they earned it.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
We lost pretty much every heart guy we had either to tampa in the offseason or to injury during the postseason. I don't believe anyone ever expected nash or stepan to all of a sudden play with fire lol

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
The team made it to game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals and now the entire team sucks.

No. Despite the injuries to both Staal and McD that we're now learning. the team that made it to game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals didn't show up for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.
It can be argued that any player that signs with the Rangers gets the red carpet treatment and some get perhaps too comfy and turn soft. It can be argued a player like Nash is more focused on being a father and doesn't want to take any chances in getting injured.
Fotiu hits the nail on the head. And it's something I've witnessed at home games. That determination to come out firing on all cylinders and downright dictate the game and intimidate the other team were seldom if ever present at MSG this season.
I also agree with him in saying that AV can share in the blame in not adjusting his lines during the game. Fact is, Sather mortgaged a lot to win now and the 3 moves in trading for MSL, signing Boyle and trading for Yandle is going to sting for a while. The old man has to get out from behind the desk.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Good to see an ex-Ranger who didn't win a Cup criticize the current squad for not getting there. About as relevant as someone giving all F's to the team on the final report cards on a message board. But, I bet it felt good writing it, so that's the important thing.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Good to see an ex-Ranger who didn't win a Cup criticize the current squad for not getting there. About as relevant as someone giving all F's to the team on the final report cards on a message board. But, I bet it felt good writing it, so that's the important thing.

Agree.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Both of the efforts in games 5 and 7 were abysmal. No jump in their step, no good chances, no big hits, nothing.

The third period of game 2 was also something they should forever be ashamed about.

Just a piss poor showing at home in this series. Really shows what MSG means to these idiots.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Seriously. Fotiu is a fossil. An old schooler who erroneously ties every loss to a lack of effort and toughness.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I was going to say.

What the **** did Nick ever win for him to write this? Oh. I forgot. He got to the Finals once. And lost. He will turn this team around, though, jas. Don't worry. Kreider just needed those boxing lessons. WHY DIDN'T HE TAKE THEM????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad