News Article: Nice read. Boston Globe says Bruins a black eye

MicroFracture

Jan 1, 2009
Trois-Rivieres
OMG this was brought up on the other thread, a fight from 4 years ago. Plus did you forget to mention the fight he had with Orr or all the other fights with heavy weights? To be honest a player like Lucic shouldn't we fighting those guys, bad trade off if he does.

Funny I'm not even a fan of Lucic but I find the Habs blind hate of him funny.

blind hate?:laugh:

btw,drop it, you're no more objective than any Habs fan.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
OMG this was brought up on the other thread, a fight from 4 years ago. Plus did you forget to mention the fight he had with Orr or all the other fights with heavy weights? To be honest a player like Lucic shouldn't we fighting those guys, bad trade off if he does.

Funny I'm not even a fan of Lucic but I find the Habs blind hate of him funny.

No he should be fighting and threatening all they guys not as big or tough as he is . lol If you are going to ba the tough guy fight the tough guys.

You should read my post in total . The video is the Orr fight , one of his few mistakes Lucic has made in selecting a opponet. He must have thought Orr was somebody else. lol

He asks the ref to stop it. Orr would have hurt him at that stage. Lucic is a bully,always has been, I know them when I see them.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
His talent is not good enough for his stupidity in costing his team games. There are much better smarter players that win as a team without the after game dramatics that this guy brings. Just get under his skin a little and he mentally breaks down into looking for revenge, not a team player just out for his large self ego.

I agree and have stated many times if he was on my team as management I would be telling him to tone down the BS. 100% agree with you there.

Sorry I don't see any facts to suggest during the playoff the Habs got under his skin to the point where it made him not effective or taking dumb pens. As I stated he had a total of 4 pen mins in two rounds of hockey.

I agree with you when taking about players with that grating personality/style, to name a few Lucic, Marchant, Subban.....they can act as double edged swords. If they go over the line at times they can provide motivation to the other team or they take dumb pens (they can even become cancers in the dressing room). This year Subban kept himself in check, which is great, maybe a sign he is maturing as a player/person. Lucic/Marchant approached that line and maybe crossed it. If anyone crossed that line IMO it was more Marchant with his diving, but that is a subjective opinion.

As long as players like the three I listed above don't cross that line, they are very valuable players whether you like them personally or not.

Example Evander Kane on the Jets. Many fans don't like him as a person but we give him props for being a good player. But I would never want to hangout with the guy, comes off as a bit of a jerk often. But he's a good player.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You should read my post in total . The video is the Orr fight , one of his few mistakes Lucic has made in selecting a opponet. He asks the ref to stop it. Orr would have hurt him at that stage. Lucic is a bully,always has been, I know them when I see them.

No doubt you do, know what a bully looks like.

I know exactly what fight your referring to, so you want to judge a guy from one fight against the toughest fighter in the NHL at the time? Come on bro. Do I really need to look up how many fights Lucic has had in the NHL? A guy like him should be selective on who he fights, fighting Orr is a dumb idea unless he was protecting a fellow player. Lucic is no coward, to say that is funny.

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
blind hate?:laugh:

btw,drop it, you're no more objective than any Habs fan.

Why b/c you can't put together any solid argument so I should drop it. What? I think your being called for supper? Bye

At least I give googlymoogly (funny name BTW) credit he debates and tries to explain his points. But you can't, so stop responding if you can't debate effectively. If you want to debate fine debate, give some facts or explain yourself.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I agree and have stated many times if he was on my team as management I would be telling him to tone down the BS. 100% agree with you there.

Sorry I don't see any facts to suggest during the playoff the Habs got under his skin to the point where it made him not effective or taking dumb pens. As I stated he had a total of 4 pen mins in two rounds of hockey.

I agree with you when taking about players with that grating personality/style, to name a few Lucic, Marchant, Subban.....they can act as double edged swords. If they go over the line at times they can provide motivation to the other team or they take dumb pens (they can even become cancers in the dressing room). This year Subban kept himself in check, which is great, maybe a sign he is maturing as a player/person. Lucic/Marchant approached that line and maybe crossed it. If anyone crossed that line IMO it was more Marchant with his diving, but that is a subjective opinion.

As long as players like the three I listed above don't cross that line, they are very valuable players whether you like them personally or not.

Example Evander Kane on the Jets. Many fans don't like him as a person but we give him props for being a good player. But I would never want to hangout with the guy, comes off as a bit of a jerk often. But he's a good player.
Oh they got under his skin, he may not have gotten penalties but he was thinking more about Hab players than playing his game. There is proof they were in his head, he actually threatened two of them:laugh:
Then you have Markov reminding him he should look at the eyes of the person you are shaking hands with.

Habs mind****ed this guy without even having to use drugs like a shrink does. Just think how the Bruins were jawing about breaking Subban and Price, they did not break instead they elevated their games while a guy like Lucic regressed under pressure.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
TSN and any lip readers out there confirmed what was said.

Let me say it to you this way. How many times have you heard a player interviewed after a game about what another player from the other team said to him during a heated exchange and the player responds something along the lines of:

- He just wished me Merry Xmas or congrats me on a good game or we discussed the weather, or they simply say its no one's business what was said, whats said on the ice stays on the ice.

That's how the "code" states you should respond to a interviewers leading question. You shouldn't give ANY details no matter how vague. Lucic was wrong for saying it and Weise broke the code.

This on the ice term refers to not actually being on the ice but being in the battle. The series was over and at that point it is up to each and every professional (yes professional) hockey player to man up and basically respect your former opponent. This what's said on the ice stays is nothing more than an excuse. In series and during the battle I agree but when its all over and there are no games left to be played, man up and show some class and move on... So tired of people trying to make lame excuses for lame actions. As a pro that was a disgrace.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
This on the ice term refers to not actually being on the ice but being in the battle. The series was over and at that point it is up to each and every professional (yes professional) hockey player to man up and basically respect your former opponent. This what's said on the ice stays is nothing more than an excuse. In series and during the battle I agree but when its all over and there are no games left to be played, man up and show some class and move on... So tired of people trying to make lame excuses for lame actions. As a pro that was a disgrace.
Absolutely, during the game things will get said that are downright nasty and athletes understand this, a lot of it is just mind games. If you can get into another players head during a game and break his concentration then you succeed in weakening your opponent. Now this, after the series is over just let it go, no need to say such a stupid thing. Reality is you can lose your own team mates respect while the other team also now understands how much they were actually able to mess with you.

With Montreal openly admitting that the Bruins antics gave them more drive it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth of the Bruin players that tried to play the game in a more professional manner. I have a feeling guys like Bergeron are not happy with Thornton, Lucic, Marchand antics and are getting fed up with it. The management of Boston is responsible for this. They ran out two highly skilled speed demons in Kessel and Seguin which as an opponent makes me happy especially giving up so quickly on Tyler. That trade is going to haunt them.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Oh they got under his skin, he may not have gotten penalties but he was thinking more about Hab players than playing his game. There is proof they were in his head, he actually threatened two of them:laugh:
Then you have Markov reminding him he should look at the eyes of the person you are shaking hands with.

Habs mind****ed this guy without even having to use drugs like a shrink does. Just think how the Bruins were jawing about breaking Subban and Price, they did not break instead they elevated their games while a guy like Lucic regressed under pressure.

I agree they got under his skin and perhaps it affected his game some, hard to say. In the series vs the Habs he had 1 goal and 2 assists and 12 shots and 2 pen mins. Not bad numbers from a big power forward.

Threating them not sure if that is proof, perhaps to some degree. Lucic was pissed at 74 before the playoff started from what Lucic thought was a check to the knee (I thought it was a good clean hit).

100% agree Subban and Price stepped up their games big time.

Sorry what do you mean about Markov? Thx

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Poor sportsmanship I agree, silly yes. But clearly you have never played hockey to a high level, this happens a lot whether you agree with it or not.

I don't agree with what he did, but what happens or said on the ice (or dressing room) stays on the ice (or dressing room), it should never reach the media.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Absolutely, during the game things will get said that are downright nasty and athletes understand this, a lot of it is just mind games. If you can get into another players head during a game and break his concentration then you succeed in weakening your opponent. Now this, after the series is over just let it go, no need to say such a stupid thing. Reality is you can lose your own team mates respect while the other team also now understands how much they were actually able to mess with you.

With Montreal openly admitting that the Bruins antics gave them more drive it will leave a nasty taste in the mouth of the Bruin players that tried to play the game in a more professional manner. I have a feeling guys like Bergeron are not happy with Thornton, Lucic, Marchand antics and are getting fed up with it. The management of Boston is responsible for this. They ran out two highly skilled speed demons in Kessel and Seguin which as an opponent makes me happy especially giving up so quickly on Tyler. That trade is going to haunt them.

I agree with most of your post, but Boston does not miss either Seguin or Kessel, but were soft players. Seguin had off ice issues and maturity issues. Boston got good value for both. Up until this year when Kessel had a very good year, everyone thought the Leafs got ***** in that deal, one good year does not change that fact.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Poor sportsmanship I agree, silly yes. But clearly you have never played hockey to a high level, this happens a lot whether you agree with it or not.

I don't agree with what he did, but what happens or said on the ice stays on the ice.

I have played some hockey, but I'm not a professional, nor do I get played millions to be a professional role model. This absolutely does not happen a lot as you would like to make as yet another excuse. These are professionals its just different, children and millions of fans are watching, media are watching etc...

mark24

Jun 17, 2013

I don't agree with what he did, but what happens or said on the ice (or dressing room) stays on the ice (or dressing room), it should never reach the media.

Also im not sure you realize there are cameras everywhere and mics everywhere, this goes public with or without Weiss. What world are you in that you think wiese owns any of the blame for any of this?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I have played some hockey, but I'm not a professional, nor do I get played millions to be a professional role model. This absolutely does not happen a lot as you would like to make as yet another excuse. These are professionals its just different, children and millions of fans are watching, media are watching etc...

Yup you never played much clearly. You're talking in ideal terms which doesn't happen often. How many times do pro's make poor choices, often and many of them are legal issues. Lucic did not do drugs or assault anyone or shoot anyone lets not get carried away Habs fans. No one really believes he literally meant he was going to kill them, get off it.

Basically he told them he was going to kick their butt next year, not a huge deal people give it up. Poor sportsmanship yes, but not a capital offence. Chill out people.

:shakehead

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Also im not sure you realize there are cameras everywhere and mics everywhere, this goes public with or without Weiss. What world are you in that you think wiese owns any of the blame for any of this?

Correct me if I'm wrong I've never HEARD any audio on it. All that was shown was video without Lucic audio on it, people are using lip readers. But long before that happened, right after the game Weise talked about it. Weise had no idea that was caught in video to the point where lip readers could tell what was said.

Lucic was dumb for saying it, but like I said its not a capital offence guys, who cares.

Weise hinted about what was said to the media, when he shouldn't have. Again who cares.

You guys are acting like Lucic should be suspended or something, get real. The players will handle it themselves, trust me. Weise and Lucic will work this out the way it should be.....next season.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Yup you never played much clearly. You're talking in ideal terms which doesn't happen often. How many times do pro's make poor choices, often and many of them are legal issues. Lucic did not do drugs or assault anyone or shoot anyone lets not get carried away Habs fans. No one really believes he literally meant he was going to kill them, get off it.

Basically he told them he was going to kick their butt next year, not a huge deal people give it up. Poor sportsmanship yes, but not a capital offence. Chill out people.

:shakehead

I think its become very clear you are a waste of all of our time. You must live a life of no respect. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours really doesn't mean anything around these parts at this point. I really think you've embarrassed yourself here.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Correct me if I'm wrong I've never HEARD any audio on it. All that was shown was video without Lucic audio on it, people are using lip readers. But long before that happened, right after the game Weise talked about it. Weise had no idea that was caught in video to the point where lip readers could tell what was said.

Lucic was dumb for saying it, but like I said its not a capital offence guys, who cares.

Weise hinted about what was said to the media, when he shouldn't have. Again who cares.

You guys are acting like Lucic should be suspended or something, get real. The players will handle it themselves, trust me. Weise and Lucic will work this out the way it should be.....next season.

dude, you're awesome, cuz you're not even trolling, you are clearly believing what you say and you're literally making Lucic look smarter than you. Amazing feat, well done. :handclap:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think its become very clear you are a waste of all of our time. You must live a life of no respect. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours really doesn't mean anything around these parts at this point. I really think you've embarrassed yourself here.

This is coming from a guy who admits to never playing hockey to any level, perhaps another sport is more for you. Something with less confrontation in it perhaps.

Have your opinion sure, I don't care. Your the one who keeps this chat going by responding/provoking me. You keep asking me questions and I'll keep responding. That's how forums work. If you don't like my opinion then don't respond to it. Simple

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
dude, you're awesome, cuz you're not even trolling, you are clearly believing what you say and you're literally making Lucic look smarter than you. Amazing feat, well done. :handclap:

Ok and your clearly a Habs fan who just hates Lucic. I get that, that's what makes sports great. I'm not trolling anyone, if I was don't you think a Mod would of stopped me by now or locked the thread. I'm being respectful, I just don't agree with your POV and you don't like that and you can't debate your point effectively. I'm not a Lucic fan but I find you Habs fan's hate for him amusing.

Life goes on. :yo:

I sleep ok tonight without your approval of my POV.

I understand my POV will not be popular with Habs fans, but that's ok by me. Your trying debate something that's subjective which is very difficult to win. I would suggest agreeing to disagree, likely the best we will do.

But Habs fans stop thinking that the writer of this article is really being critical of Lucic, he's trying to sell papers. Oldest trick in the writing book.

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
As a sabres fan, I remember when they added John Scott to the roster specifically due to the Bruin's arms race and Lucic run at Miller. That season Scott totally destroyed their toughest player Thornton in a fight and even knocked him out for a few games. Bruin's fans were irate that such a goon was on Sabres roster and 'at least Thornton can skate'. After that, you didn't see so many liberties being taken against the Sabres in the Bos/Buf games. Montreal had no choice but to add guys like Weiss and Emelin- this is what Boston and Cam Neely brought to the division. Lucic is what everyone is describing... a bully. He's also not as effective as he used to be and I think he's probably struggling to continue such a hard-nose role. Six years playing like he is expect to is not easy. He was completely ineffective in this series; not able to score, nor able to create the space and havoc he's done in the past. I'm sure that weighed heavily on a guy whose job it is to play both roles.

emelin has already been here for a few years and was not brought in to do anything with loochs, he was brought in to play hockey

same with weise. weise won't fight anyone but he'll play a good fourth liner game. the end.

neither of those moves were a result of anything. one was a guy we had been counting for years and years and the other was a move to round out of fourth line

parros was the guy they brought in to take care of all this ****. he's done his job well but that's it. he's as useless as it gets and I'm sure he won't be back next year. sorta nice to have in the regular season, waste of space where it counts: the playoffs

montreal did what any good team would do and never over reacted to anything. buffalo can overreact because they are neck deep in rebuild mode. even though we had our own in parros (and he did sit his share of games), adding guys like scott is a recipe to lose - which is fine if you can afford it

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I have a question for all the Habs surfing this thread. Do you have a bigger issue with Lucic or Marchant overall? Not just this series I'm talking overall.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
My unsupported argument? What are you claims based off of? His numbers this year in the playoffs were not bad, 7pts in 12 games is not bad (only 4 pen mins also).

Clearly your are a Habs fan and you just hate Lucic regardless of the facts. I can't change that fact, do you really think that GM's around the NHL wouldn't jump at the chance of taking Lucic if he was given to them? :shakehead

:laugh:

So you're arguing that Lucic has value b/c, if given away for free, some GM's would take him? Yes, things that are given away are often quite valuable by virtue of being easily discarded. :rolleyes:

Lucic chocked bad in the playoffs, and your earlier comparisons to Crosby are ridiculous; if you really can't see any difference between Lucic and Crosby, I can't help you, and it belies your constant "I'm not a fan of the Looch" disclaimer.

Yes, some GM's would grab up Lucic if they had to give up absolutely nothing for him. But pay him a big salary? Trade away assets to get him? I don't think the line is that long for a player that is rapidly becoming a running joke throughout the League to everyone but Bruins fans...

...and you, of course, because you totally don't belong in that first group, amirite? :laugh:

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
The guy has proven by now he's a very low IQ guy. Its not his fault, he's a classless idiot.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
:laugh:

So you're arguing that Lucic has value b/c, if given away for free, some GM's would take him? Yes, things that are given away are often quite valuable by virtue of being easily discarded. :rolleyes:

Lucic chocked bad in the playoffs, and your earlier comparisons to Crosby are ridiculous; if you really can't see any difference between Lucic and Crosby, I can't help you, and it belies your constant "I'm not a fan of the Looch" disclaimer.

Yes, some GM's would grab up Lucic if they had to give up absolutely nothing for him. But pay him a big salary? Trade away assets to get him? I don't think the line is that long for a player that is rapidly becoming a running joke throughout the League to everyone but Bruins fans...

...and you, of course, because you totally don't belong in that first group, amirite? :laugh:

For free is unrealistic of course, my only point was assuming they don't have to overpay for him MANY teams would make offers if he was made available. Anyone that is way over priced would draw little interest regardless of who they are.

The Crosby comparison is legit. The claim was b/c Lucic had one bad playoff year he was not valuable which is stupid. He has great value like him or not. On my phone so I can't confirm but if I recall Lucic had 7 points and Crosby had 9 pts. Neither had great playoffs, but neither had horrible. If anything Crosby had the worse playoffs.

In you are claiming I'm a Lucic fan, please find one single post in ALL of my posts where I praise him as a fan or even a single post in the Bruins area of the forum as a fan of their team. I don't care two rat "$&&@ about Lucic or the Bruins. I have one team that I'm a fan of and that's it.

As an outsider looking in I'm surprised how much Habs fans hate Lucic and Marchant is barely mentioned. Personally I find Marchant more annoying than Lucic but I guess it's personal opinion.

Talking to you about Lucic and trying to get you to be objective is clearly pointless. You hate him so much you'll never admit he is a valuable player, like him or not. I find Marchant annoying but I'm objective enough I can still admit he is a good player.

I have an idea for you. We'll never know what GM's will pay for him unless he is actually traded. But why don't you check out the thread regarding the value of Lucic and see how much other objective fan bases are willing to pay for him. Teams are willing to pay a lot. Of course they are only fans but that's the best we'll ever get/know unless he is really traded.

Either way I don't care, you'll never be objective about it so I'm done wasting my time talking to a wall.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad