News Article: Nice read. Boston Globe says Bruins a black eye

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Nice to see that some in Boston actually understand the respect part of the game we all love.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
That was a really good read. Loved this picture

uMgsXv9.jpg

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lol jesus christ milan

the way he was goin at it with emelin in the handshake you'd think it was lucic that blew out his ACL in a hit with emelin...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I have a client who's a Bruins fan, I told her after game 5, if Habs come back to win this series, Thornton is going to look like a real moron.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol jesus christ milan

the way he was goin at it with emelin in the handshake you'd think it was lucic that blew out his ACL in a hit with emelin...

Ya, seriously I don't get it. I mean, Weise, okay, he's been mocking Lucic all series long, but Emelin? What did he do? Threw a few hard checks here and there? What the hell man..

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The irony here is Lucic calling Weise a baby if he wants to talk about it. Threatening to kill someone the following season because you lost is a pretty good example of being a "baby".

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I have a client who's a Bruins fan, I told her after game 5, if Habs come back to win this series, Thornton is going to look like a real moron.

I somehow have a cousin in Canada who is a Bruins fan and I told him after game 5 that Thorton's antics are the reason why we are going to win the series and come back and win the series.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I think that the comments in that article are reflective of real life.

My experience with Bruins fans has always been positive.

I think that hockey message boards tend to bring out the "******" factor in people who are normally just regular and respectful people in real life.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx

I think that hockey message boards tend to bring out the "******" factor in people who are normally just regular and respectful people in real life.

You are right, its probably the same thing with Habs fans, habs fans on HF can be idiots but I've never met an idiot Habs fan irl.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Ya, seriously I don't get it. I mean, Weise, okay, he's been mocking Lucic all series long, but Emelin? What did he do? Threw a few hard checks here and there? What the hell man..

was really hoping to see milan be a man and shake emelins handshake and pat him on the chest or shoulder or something for a hardfought series.. really disapointed in lucic cuz i always liked him, considered him better than that pos marchand so really upsetting to see lucic be such SUUUCH a sore loser like that, and like you said the weise thing , ok we get it, but emelin like come on man, the guys busts his ACL ,comes back from it and then beats you in a playoff series and you cant be a man about it..

i mean i love it as a habs fan, but i hate it as a normal human being with respect for others

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The irony here is Lucic calling Weise a baby if he wants to talk about it. Threatening to kill someone the following season because you lost is a pretty good example of being a "baby".

this is the WORST part about the whole thing to me

spear someone in the nuts.. and then call him a CHICKEN in the post game interview

then he threatens someone and refuses to go thru the handshake in a respectable fashion...then whines about the whole thing in the post game interview and calls the OTHER guy a baby???

the WHOLE thing hurts the head to think about or to process... the word i want to use is "hypocrite" but its just...no he's a hypocrite..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I somehow have a cousin in Canada who is a Bruins fan and I told him after game 5 that Thorton's antics are the reason why we are going to win the series and come back and win the series.

Ya, I really felt the same. They always say ''don't poke the bear'', but it looks like we were the bears this time around. Bruins antics seem to have really been a source of motivation. From Hamilton and Krug's comments about figuring out Price (Price flicking the puck back towards Krug after he came down off the wing and ripped one on him was beautiful), to Lucic chest pump, muscle flex, Thornton's water, Julien's press conference whining tactics, it really looks like it helped the Habs.

was really hoping to see milan be a man and shake emelins handshake and pat him on the chest or shoulder or something for a hardfought series.. really disapointed in lucic cuz i always liked him, considered him better than that pos marchand so really upsetting to see lucic be such SUUUCH a sore loser like that, and like you said the weise thing , ok we get it, but emelin like come on man, the guys busts his ACL ,comes back from it and then beats you in a playoff series and you cant be a man about it..

i mean i love it as a habs fan, but i hate it as a normal human being with respect for others

Ya the absolute hate he seems to have towards Emelin doesn't make much sense.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Ya, I really felt the same. They always say ''don't poke the bear'', but it looks like we were the bears this time around. Bruins antics seem to have really been a source of motivation. From Hamilton and Krug's comments about figuring out Price (Price flicking the puck back towards Krug after he came down off the wing and ripped one on him was beautiful), to Lucic chest pump, muscle flex, Thornton's water, Julien's press conference whining tactics, it really looks like it helped the Habs.

I completely agree. Its been about 2 years since I felt like I was on the same page as you but I feel like we are there again.

I love being a Habs fan and watching this success. Where do you live? You have any chance of seeing a game live this post season?

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
When you play hockey as an eight year-old they teach you good sportmanship, to shake hands respectfully after the game, dunno how Milan missed that.

Saying that "baby" stuff just makes him look worse.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I completely agree. Its been about 2 years since I felt like I was on the same page as you but I feel like we are there again.

I love being a Habs fan and watching this success. Where do you live? You have any chance of seeing a game live this post season?

Yes it's been a while we saw eye to eye ;)
I'm in Mtl, so ya, I could go, but as much as the Bell Center is fun, I really love watching the games in a bar downtown. I mean, tickets I could get last round were 300$ a pop. That's a little too much for me.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Not me of the 4 bruins fans I know well. 2 are by their own admission complete arseholes. 1 is a cool guy and the other is an arsehole but won't admit it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Lucic is still being a ***** about the hip check from a few months ago.

And if Lucic didn't want to get mocked, he should flex and pound his chest like an idiot. That **** always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00