News Article: Nice read. Boston Globe says Bruins a black eye

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yeah, getting a bit tired of hearing this lame old narrative. You're arguing that any GM would "love" to have a player who pulls the massive *****-the-bed routine Lucic pulled?

2 chances to put the team he "hates" out of the playoffs, one of which came on home ice in front of legions of Boston fans, and his output consists of 0 shots, 0 points, 0 big hits, and 0 fights. In fact, Lucic's biggest contribution seems to have been providing motivational material for his OPPONENT, and as a punch line for any fanbase not drinking the "poke the bear" Kool-Aid...wow, what a worthwhile investment.

Lucic personifies the Boston franchise and, at a minimum, its HFBoards fanbase: big on talk, long on excuses, short on results.

If your suggesting that likely every single GM would not take Lucic if they were given him, you just lost all credibility. I understand your a Habs fan and you hate Lucic, but talent is talent and he would make your team much better. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a Lucic hater.

I'm not a Lucic fan, but I would take him on my team any day of the week. Don't get me wrong he would get a chatting with to tone down the BS but he's a very good player.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Danny Briere had a microphone on...

Everyone saw Lucic say something to Weise...

We figured out what Lucic said by WATCHING THE FOOTAGE...

TSN and any lip readers out there confirmed what was said.

Let me say it to you this way. How many times have you heard a player interviewed after a game about what another player from the other team said to him during a heated exchange and the player responds something along the lines of:

- He just wished me Merry Xmas or congrats me on a good game or we discussed the weather, or they simply say its no one's business what was said, whats said on the ice stays on the ice.

That's how the "code" states you should respond to a interviewers leading question. You shouldn't give ANY details no matter how vague. Lucic was wrong for saying it and Weise broke the code.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Oh wonderful. Georges Laraque posts here.

Just calling a spade a spade, he broke it. I don't care two licks about Habs or Bruins, but I can objectively say when someone breaks the code. Lucic shouldn't of said anything and Weise never should of either (post game to the media). If Weise wanted to say something to Lucic he should of said it on the ice at the time.

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
Do you actually think Weise got in front of the media and started saying:

"OMG guys, do you know what Lucic just told me in the line?"
No. He was asked, answered, said it was something not classy, and didn't even get into details.

Weise did well actually talking about it, as Lucic has to get some crap for this. You just don't do this. Not after the game is played.

This, and the cameras caught him too anyway. The only person who made this public was Lucic when the words went out of his dirty mouth.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
He should get suspended, at least 10 games. He wouldn't even apologize. How does Emelin's wife feel about this... she will be terrified for him the season when we play the Booins.
Emelin's wife increased the life insurance policy on her husband:sarcasm:

More than likely Emelin might destroy Lucic with a hit. Other players have this guys number now. He has reached unbearable ******-ness in the league. I have a feeling other teams enforcers are going to start coming at him stronger, if he even messes with other teams players they won't ask permission to punch him. He has painted a bullseye on his back and Thornton and Chara are getting old to protect him anymore.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
He should get suspended, at least 10 games. He wouldn't even apologize. How does Emelin's wife feel about this... she will be terrified for him the season when we play the Booins.

Yikes :shakehead

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

Let me say it to you this way. How many times have you heard a player interviewed after a game about what another player from the other team said to him during a heated exchange and the player responds something along the lines of:

- He just wished me Merry Xmas or congrats me on a good game or we discussed the weather, or they simply say its no one's business what was said, whats said on the ice stays on the ice.

That's how the "code" states you should respond to a interviewers leading question. You shouldn't give ANY details no matter how vague. Lucic was wrong for saying it and Weise broke the code.

I think the "code" is to shut your yap if you're not going to be sporting during the handshake (see: Backes/Seabrook). I noticed something was weird in real time. It was no secret. I doubt Weise went to a reporter to tattle. I'm sure he was asked why it was that he and Emelin (the two whom Lucic had been sparring with all series and Emelin longer) got extra big props.

Consider everything that has happened in this series or perhaps you just don't get it cuz you're not a Habs fan. Lucy needed to be called out for that. It was bush league and wayyyy beyond the "keep it on the ice" stuff. It was AFTER the game. That's where that code ends and where a new code begins. The code that Lucic broke. Actually getting tired of all this, but it's pathetic to read that Weise is in the wrong. Did you hear what Lucic said to him OVERTLY (as well as Emelin), effectively stopping the line for a few seconds, twice??? That is disgusting and he needs to be shamed, particularly given his comments today about it.

And FTR, I would NOT want Lucic in my top 6. I could think of a far better top 6 that doesn't include him and his 0 non-EN pts.

As for Emelin getting threatened -- he has PWNED Lucic time and time again. Cleanly and hard. That hip check this season...we thought that THAT was the whiniest Lucic could get. We were wrong. Loser.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Weise never said what Lucic said. Give it up.

People saying what's said on the ice stays on the ice would be a little more logical if there was actually a game being played. It was after the game where the cameras were right in everyone's faces and Lucic made the gesture not once, but twice.

It was a story because everyone and there dog saw Lucic's actions, again not once but on two separate occasions with two players

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Nobody notices that if Weise didn't say a thing, he'd seem like he was afraid of Lucic for threatening him. "Looch says he's gonna kill him, Weise doesn't wanna talk about it. Is Dale Weise scared?"

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
If your suggesting that likely every single GM would not take Lucic if they were given him, you just lost all credibility. I understand your a Habs fan and you hate Lucic, but talent is talent and he would make your team much better. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a Lucic hater.

I'm not a Lucic fan, but I would take him on my team any day of the week. Don't get me wrong he would get a chatting with to tone down the BS but he's a very good player.

So anyone who claims that a guy who generated near 0 offense in the playoffs and most likely was a key motivation source for the opposing team might not be at the top of every GM's "want" list isn't objective?

:laugh:

Lucic brought nothing in the playoffs.

No offense. No defense. None of the "grit" or "toughness" you keep mentioning.

Why is he so valuable again? I mean, besides your unsupported assertion that he is?

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

You will find that a lot of people don't like this punk, I myself do not ever want to see this idiot in a Habs jersey. There are a 100 better guys easily in the NHL I would take over him.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You will find that a lot of people don't like this punk, I myself do not ever want to see this idiot in a Habs jersey. There are a 100 better guys easily in the NHL I would take over him.

Im not ranking Lucic if there is 100 better players or not, waste of time. But without question the guy is very skilled/talented. Of course a lot opposing fan bases hate him, that's part of his role. Habs have players other fan bases hate also, but who cares, you cannot say the guy is not talented. It does not matter if he's on your Xmas card list or not, the guys got talent.

dreamingofdrouin*

BnuWIUoCYAIWiSc.jpg

:laugh: where can i get one...thats awesome

i love seeing the bruins ship sink to the bottom of the ****ing ocean.....whining...hypocritical...neanderthal ****** bags....suck on this one...25-9......**** yeah....and **** you....goooood.....fuccking......night

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Im not ranking Lucic if there is 100 better players or not, waste of time. But without question the guy is very skilled/talented. Of course a lot opposing fan bases hate him, that's part of his role. Habs have players other fan bases hate also, but who cares, you cannot say the guy is not talented. It does not matter if he's on your Xmas card list or not, the guys got talent.

Served as a distraction for his own team.

Possibly was one of the centerpieces for Hab motivation to beat the Bruins.

Generated near 0 offensive opportunities.

Displayed near 0 defensive responsibility.

All points that argue against your (still unsupported) argument about Lucic's overwhelming level of talent.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So anyone who claims that a guy who generated near 0 offense in the playoffs and most likely was a key motivation source for the opposing team might not be at the top of every GM's "want" list isn't objective?

:laugh:

Lucic brought nothing in the playoffs.

No offense. No defense. None of the "grit" or "toughness" you keep mentioning.

Why is he so valuable again? I mean, besides your unsupported assertion that he is?

And your point is b/c a player had one bad playoff year he is worthless or without talent? I think your vision is not clear looking thru your Habs glasses. Using your logic Sidney Crosby is a bum b/c he had a bad playoff year (1 goal and was a - player).

Dude give it up, I understand you hate him b/c he's a Boston player and the style he plays, but to say GM's wouldn't love him is laughable. Your post is completely without any objectivity. The guy has scored 20+ 3 times in 7 seasons and is a very physical player. He has 61 pts in 96 playoff games, so he delivers during the reg season and the playoffs. Hate him b/c he is a Bruin, but don't make yourself look silly by refusing to admit he is talented.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
He rarely goes after guys that can fight. Watch him run like a baby and quit when he fights Orr who is tough mother. When Scott challanged him to his face in the Garden he reacted like a little girl. At least Thornton was man enough to fight him and miss seven games as a result.

Keep picking on Weise Lucic you can take him. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SIq0zXnsQ

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Served as a distraction for his own team.

Possibly was one of the centerpieces for Hab motivation to beat the Bruins.

Generated near 0 offensive opportunities.

Displayed near 0 defensive responsibility.

All points that argue against your (still unsupported) argument about Lucic's overwhelming level of talent.

My unsupported argument? What are you claims based off of? His numbers this year in the playoffs were not bad, 7pts in 12 games is not bad (only 4 pen mins also).

Clearly your are a Habs fan and you just hate Lucic regardless of the facts. I can't change that fact, do you really think that GM's around the NHL wouldn't jump at the chance of taking Lucic if he was given to them? :shakehead

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
He rarely goes after guys that can fight. Watch him run like a baby and quit when he fights Orr who is tough mother. When Scott challanged him to his face he reacted like a little girl. Keep picking on Weise Lucic you can take him. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1SIq0zXnsQ

OMG this was brought up on the other thread, a fight from 4 years ago. Plus did you forget to mention the fight he had with Orr or all the other fights with heavy weights? To be honest a player like Lucic shouldn't we fighting those guys, bad trade off if he does.

Funny I'm not even a fan of Lucic but I find the Habs blind hate of him funny.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
His talent is not good enough for his stupidity in costing his team games. There are much better smarter players that win as a team without the after game dramatics that this guy brings. Just get under his skin a little and he mentally breaks down into looking for revenge, not a team player just out for his large self ego.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad