Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Well, that's about as good as it gets for the dogs...lose 15th pick and pick up 23rd and 24th in reverse order lottery. Always bad to lose your first round pick but under the circumstances, we got pretty lucky where we are picking.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Well, that's about as good as it gets for the dogs...lose 15th pick and pick up 23rd and 24th in reverse order lottery. Always bad to lose your first round pick but under the circumstances, we got pretty lucky where we are picking.
Yup, now Roger Macleod will need to suggest a couple of “impact players” from the second round. Whomever the ID’s select will without a doubt be an “impact player”. 100%

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
upload_2021-8-11_19-51-51.png

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
How early are they going to open the doors on game day I wonder. Confirming proof of vaccination for that many people in that short amount of time is going to slow things down substantially.

Reactions: Tarantula

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
How early are they going to open the doors on game day I wonder. Confirming proof of vaccination for that many people in that short amount of time is going to slow things down substantially.
If it is like most other Covid screenings, it will be on an honor system. Spectators will be expected to check in, screen themselves prior to arriving; or scan a QR code upon entry, answer a few health related questions, one being are you vaccinated, provide a seat number, name and contact number.
A person purchasing the ticket will understand they can be turned away at the door if they can't provide proof of vaccination so it should be sufficient deterrent. STH's will need to provide proof upon purchase, it won't take long to sort through them they become recognizable after a few games. It will be the game night walk-in and pick-ups who get checked that will see the highest level of turn away. The system won't be fool proof, lets face it most if not all of these vaccination rates and incentives are designed to encourage people to get vaccinated.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I would wager that the brass at Ticketmaster are making an attempt to figure this out.
I know for the tennis this week in Montreal and Toronto the tickets were only digital and issued to account holders. The account holder had to do the digital screening 24 hours prior to entry. The digital ticket had a scan bar (no screen shots) I would assume the scan bar changed after the screening process took place. Next step would be to upload your vaccine passport credentials into the ticket master digital ticket. Walk in with the app open on your mobile scan the bar upon entry and away you go.

Simple enough. Let’s get this done.

Reactions: icepups

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol. Our box office lineup is still out the door every game night in the Soo. Lot's of people either don't know how to get tickets online, don't have access, or would still rather get them in person. Not sure a completely electronic solution is the way to go here. A logistical nightmare this has been described as by many smarter than myself.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Lol. Our box office lineup is still out the door every game night in the Soo. Lot's of people either don't know how to get tickets online, don't have access, or would still rather get them in person. Not sure a completely electronic solution is the way to go here. A logistical nightmare this has been described as by many smarter than myself.

If like Sudbury, there is a $3? fee for on-line transaction (per ticket) which is outrageous when one can pay no fee to a cashier while saving a job. Management created the line-up at the box office which interferes with people with ticket in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

I was thinking the same thing. Half of our season ticket holders may not even have a cell phone let alone know about computers.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I hear that Sami Douglas-Najem, a big 04 free agent Dman from Quinte, looked good today.......he may have a shot at getting signed

Reactions: AuldBone

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I hear that Sami Douglas-Najem, a big 04 free agent Dman from Quinte, looked good today.......he may have a shot at getting signed
There were a couple of FA’s I’d rather they sign before Sami. He looked ok but nothing special.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
love the Castle for 2,3,4,4 picks for Niagara, (even if it was cooked deal). The fact that Castle (1st), Fimis (1st), Cooke (2nd) all played on same MM line is pretty cool.
The central division will be incredibly good, soon.

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Good game tonight has the Dogs even their pre season record at one and one with a 2 to 0 win over Oshawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad