Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Maybe IceDogs sell to the guy in Brantford, move there, and the Steelheads move to St. Catharines? Brantford IceDogs to the west, Erie to the east.

Now wouldn’t that be hilarious…the old St. Mike’s franchise chasing the IceDogs out of their home once again.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Maybe IceDogs sell to the guy in Brantford, move there, and the Steelheads move to St. Catharines? Brantford IceDogs to the west, Erie to the east.

Now wouldn’t that be hilarious…the old St. Mike’s franchise chasing the IceDogs out of their home once again.
Doubt that will happen heard yesterday the Gentleman from Branford tried to buy Mississauga and move them to Branford. I could see him buying the Icedogs for one season and then buying Mississauga when their lease expires and the owner of the Steal heads buy the Icedogs. There has to be lot of work to make Branford Civic Centre OHL calibar and the wild card will be Hamilton blocking any move.

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
The entire IceDogs off-ice drama is not going away.

IceDogs scandal the tip of the iceberg in problems with hockey culture

FTB: When an apology isn’t an apology

Essentially, the articles paint a picture of an organization with a lengthy history of toxic behaviour by its leaders, and the Burkes are characterized as everything from flatout stupid to serial liars to plain awful human beings who actively feed rather than combat misogyny, homophobia, racism, and a variety of blatantly exclusionary practices, some of which are not just odious but also illegal.

Normally, I’d be skeptical of the claims but more and more people, some currently employed all the way up to the NHL level, are breaking the culture of silence and publicly speaking out about their outrageous experiences with the club. They’re putting their real names out there and not hiding behind anonymity. For those who believe that everything eventually comes out in the wash, it seems laundry day has arrived.

Up until just a few days ago, I believed the family would hold on to the club, pay the $150K fine and reinstate the boys once they complete the required educational programming and their suspensions end in early 2024.

But now, I’m coming around to the view that the situation is simply untenable and the Burkes ownership is harmful to the league moving forward. Historically, their approach to problems is to deny instead of own, fight instead of reconcile, and litigate instead of settle, and that’s just not going to see them through this situation. Sincere contrition has never been in their playbook and I suspect the club will soon begin losing corporate sponsors and partners, and when local organizations do not wish to be associated with you, the writing is on the wall.

It’s time to sell and move on for the good of the community and the league. The market is strong, the fanbase is strong, and the facility/lease agreement is strong. It’s time for new owners to start fresh.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs put up a gallant effort but came uo shirt 4 to 1 in Hamilton before 5,000 plus fans. Finis the loan goal scorer Gushchin snake bitten by the post twice and the Hamilton net minder . Last game tomorrow night at home against Barrie game is almost sold out,

three dog night

May 3, 2014
That all folks Barrie scored four goals in period three the last in the empty net to double the Icedogs 6 to 3 before a sold out crowd of 5,300 fans. Barrie off to the playoffs against Mississauga tie Dogs are off golfing wondering if we are under new owenership

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
So, now that BB is bounced from the organization, will the Meridian Centre now sell peanuts in the shell?

Is the Peanut Mandate over?

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
The Burke's can't even get lucky in a 4 team lottery...4th overall pick...YAHOO! Sell the team so the fans can be lucky!

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
sale is done, to the brantford guy
Any idea of his intent. The last I heard DeDobbelaer was interested in buying the Steelheads and moving them to Brantford but the Dogs still have 12 years left on their lease. The Steelheads lease is up after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad