Niagara IceDogs 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Niagara final pick today our third defence men pick William Godfrey from Whitby . Next draft major midgets Wednesday

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Anyone have any info on Sasha Chmelevski's brother Ilia? Could he be a player?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Any rumours on the Fantilli brothers package and Saginaw. My friend in Niagara tells me some conversations are taking place but I highly doubt it.

I guess Fantilli for one of our many OAers would work but doubt they would give up much due to everyone expecting both to go ncaa.

Any thoughts?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Any rumours on the Fantilli brothers package and Saginaw. My friend in Niagara tells me some conversations are taking place but I highly doubt it.

I guess Fantilli for one of our many OAers would work but doubt they would give up much due to everyone expecting both to go ncaa.

Any thoughts?

Why would you doubt it? Niagara would have no use for the rights to Fantilli's brother without Adam so surely Saginaw will be acquiring the rights to Luca when the trade window opens

Reactions: Saggy

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
When does the trade window open? Saginaw could use both players but if no intent to play in OHL it would be too risky to give up much. Need commitment from both or rights are meaningless

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

Any thoughts?
The Dogs GM was on the radio the day after the draft. He said he and the Saginaw GM have already spoken and basically you can expect a trade to happen. I doubt the Dogs would be interested in an OA. They are in total rebuild mode. As much as you'd like to dump an OA, it holds no value to the Dogs. They'll be in search of draft picks or a younger player. I can see a conditional deal happening where the Dogs get a mid round pick, and if they play for Saginaw the Dogs get more picks.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I don't think the Dogs would accept a trade with an overager. I think that the IceDogs will be looking for local talent drafted later in the Priority Selection and a conditional pick as return for Luca Fantilli. A couple of names come to mind: 1) Tyson Wassink RD out of Hamilton Huskies picked in Round 8 158th overall; or 2) Evan Klein LW out of Waterloo Wolves picked in round 4 75th overall.

Reactions: three dog night

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I don't think the Dogs would accept a trade with an overager. I think that the IceDogs will be looking for local talent drafted later in the Priority Selection and a conditional pick as return for Luca Fantilli. A couple of names come to mind: 1) Tyson Wassink RD out of Hamilton Huskies picked in Round 8 158th overall; or 2) Evan Klein LW out of Waterloo Wolves picked in round 4 75th overall.

Problem those 2 players you mentioned cant be traded or there rights till next August 2021.

Reactions: Finster8

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Can only trade first rounders so it looks like a 2002/2003 or draft picks if OAs don't fit the bill. The problem with 2002/2003s is that Saginaw traded away most of their younger players in the Suzuki deal so the cupboards are bare. I think fishfan51 might be right in they trade a mid round pick and have additional picks if they play 1 game

Reactions: three dog night

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
G- Tristan Lennox ?

Nope.

Niagara isn't in a great bargaining position. Saginaw can get by just fine if Adam never shows up and/or we don't get Luca's rights. It's certainly worth more for Niagara to get anything for Luca to help with the rebuild instead of trying to play hard ball to get a better return.

Like mentioned before, the rights will be moved for something like a 7th or 8th with a conditional 2nd and 3rd tacked on IF they report. I wouldn't be offering up anything more than that if I was Drinkell. Not like the Ice Dogs are going to empty their picks to do the opposite and trade for Adam's rights.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I would be shocked if a conditional 2nd is included. Luca was taken in the U18 draft and is a marginal OHLer at best. I don't care who his brother is or where his brother plays, the return should never even approach that price.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I would be shocked if a conditional 2nd is included. Luca was taken in the U18 draft and is a marginal OHLer at best. I don't care who his brother is or where his brother plays, the return should never even approach that price.

Is he a marginal OHL player though? I know what draft he was selected in but I'm not basing value on that. He's got a commitment to Michigan and while they aren't what they use to be, it's not like they're recruiting scrubs. Have to figure even they're bottom line guys could likely handle themselves in the OHL.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Sorry, forgot about that detail of trading those players just drafted. I believe there will either be no trade or a player and a draft pick coming back. We have 4 over agers, so I don't think an over ager will be acceptable.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Sorry, forgot about that detail of trading those players just drafted. I believe there will either be no trade or a player and a draft pick coming back. We have 4 over agers, so I don't think an over ager will be acceptable.

No offense, but Lucas Theriault and Jackson Doherty can certainly be improved upon.

Reactions: Drop the Puck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad