Niagara IceDogs 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
FIShfan51 to Maddog, And boom goes the dynamite.

You can’t handle the truth!

FF is about as straight up as they y come md,

Reactions: fishfan51

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey Roger if your listening...........hold my beer.
Hasn't Roger Macleod been fired yet? Ice Dogs can't afford to allow him to oversee the selection of players. ID fans deserve better than a director of scouting who has publicly insulted Ice Dog fans on their own fan forum, and then denounced the NHL for shutting down the season over COVID-19. Unbelievable that he's still employed with the team.

Reactions: icepups

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I don't think he wanted us all along but now that we have his brothers rights, he and his brother get a chance to play with each other in the OHL.

Reactions: the dog

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
If Niagara selects Fantilli, they better be damn sure he’s going to report this year

Reactions: the dog

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
What is this Risk you are talking about? Please explain the risk?
I don’t see any Con in picking him.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What is this Risk you are talking about? Please explain the risk?
I don’t see any Con in picking him.

Seriously? We don't have a first next year. The risk is that he never reports when we could have started a rebuild around Fimis. If we select Fantilli and he never reports, we don't even start rebuilding until the summer of 2022.

Reactions: Samee987

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
And, the risk is what?
From a business point of view, what is the risk?

This rebuild you mention, what is its purpose?

Mikeleelop

Apr 3, 2020
no one seems to have clarification on what happens if their 2020 doesnt come and they declare him defected - do they receive 2021 compensatory pick or did that option get taken away with their illegal payment penalty

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Here’s the deal, from a fellow seasons ticket holder.

Back in the Harold Ballard days, what do you think he cared the most about? Was it a) winning the Stanley Cup? Or, b) selling tickets?
Harold Ballard was much better at making money by selling tickets than winning the Stanley Cup. Harold Ballard sold a butt tonne of ticket and made way more money than winning a Stanley Cup. It was easy for him, and, he had a market that was ripe for it.

See, much like Mr. B, Harold Ballard was a smart man.

Mr. B is good at selling tickets as well. Mr. B is, would you say better at selling tickets than he is at winning a Memorial Cup?

If your answer is yes, then, please read on.

It is proven that the IceDogs can sellout the Vault (kind of hitting the nail on the head with that nickname) by fielding an inferior product on the ice, yes? We say continued sellouts last year after the trade deadline.

Let’s say the season ticket holder base is what,3000? Now, let look at the die hard Ice Dogs fans, you know the ones, the crazies on your fan forum, say, total what, 30 crazies? Okay, I’ll give you a better number of loco Ice Dogs fans, let say 60, plus their loco wife’s, (I am assuming they only have one wife each here), 120 crazy rabid Ice Dogs fans quit and walk away from their Seasons tickets bc they are so brainwashed by a black sock they believe walking away from their seasons tickets is really going to stick it to Mr. B. Harold Ballard made a living of exchanging Pee owed seasons ticket holders out of happy seasons ticket holders.
So, not, I as you, what’s the risk in replacing 120 seasons tickets holders? Not much actually.

Now, this rebuild you mention? What were you saying about that?

Excuse me, I have to renew my seasons ticket, when, in May, you got it, here is my credit card number.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Drop The Puck, I'm sorry but you're making absolutely no sense at all.

The risk in taking Fantilli is as clear as can be. Niagara has done well because there has always been elite star players to watch grow. Pietrangelo, Hamilton, Strome, Perlini, Verhaeghe, Thomas, Tomasino etc. Right now there is nothing. And if we take Fantilli and he doesn't report, we have no star power to offer the fans for the next two seasons.

If we know Fantilli wont report, Fimis sounds like a rising star that the fans can be excited about, and that the team can build around.

Reactions: dirty12 and icepups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad