Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs losing streak reaches six and shutout in back to back games this time 6 to 0 in Sudbury before 4,000 plus in Sudbury. Next game in Hamilton Sunday afternoon after Sudbury visit the hammer Saturday afternoon.

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
Quick game report for Hounds fans. they did not look good. Thomas took regular shift on defence in first period. Good player and did OK but is that really the best use of his skills? On the short handed goal, the forward plying D blew a tire after taking a bad angle to keep the puck in and it was 2-0 breakaway, Goalie makes save and the puck goes below the goal line, retrieved by a Wolf and passed to a wide open Wolf in front fro an easy tap in and still no Dog in site other than the guy who fell down and hustled to get back. Where the heck was everyone, certainly not trying. I am not sure they were on the ice, for it but Thomas, Lodnia and Thomasino did not play after that. Rested? or benched. Could be rested as Byfield also did not play after that. On the whole could not match Wolves effort and skill last night.

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
I believe resting is likely right. It was interesting later reviewing the highlights how similar Robinson and Levi goals were. Defenceman falling down trying to keep the puck in leading to 2 on 0 from red line in

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I believe resting is likely right. It was interesting later reviewing the highlights how similar Robinson and Levi goals were. Defenceman falling down trying to keep the puck in leading to 2 on 0 from red line in
Just wait for next year. Should get worse before it gets better. Not a good time to an ID’s fan.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
With #44 ‘checked out’ I believe it’s time that #26 start showing why he was a first round draft pick.
This afternoon would be a good time to breakout.

Reactions: Buttsy

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Only time until the IceDogs unload players. Thomas would be an obvious asset for any team. Tomasino and Sopa are a combined -23 in last 5 games. Tomasino has zero points and Sopa 2 over that stretch.

Would not be surprised to see Tomasino end up in Oshawa. Thomas in Sudbury. Sopa interest won’t be high.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Only time until the IceDogs unload players. Thomas would be an obvious asset for any team. Tomasino and Sopa are a combined -23 in last 5 games. Tomasino has zero points and Sopa 2 over that stretch.

Would not be surprised to see Tomasino end up in Oshawa. Thomas in Sudbury. Sopa interest won’t be high.
Long rumoured 26 to the Gens
44 to the Wolves is interesting thought. Trade within the division? I believe the ID’s brass hold high value return on 44, they will be looking for an ‘03 in return.
Lodnia is a tradable asset.

I know they will be keen on extending their PO streak. Need to fill those seats at the Meridian Centre.

You thoughts on keeping them all and trying for a first round exit?

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
Thomas and Tomasino will both be gone. IceDogs won’t spend to try and fix things this year. It’s time to maximize the return on your best players and build. Based on the individual performances of Tomasino and Sopa, something has changed. Probably locker room who knows ? A positive start and it’s been a steady decline since.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Thomas and Tomasino will both be gone. IceDogs won’t spend to try and fix things this year. It’s time to maximize the return on your best players and build. Based on the individual performances of Tomasino and Sopa, something has changed. Probably locker room who knows ? A positive start and it’s been a steady decline since.
That’s going to be a tough knockout punch to ID’s fans to take. They will be looking at a rather large payload in return.
Leaving the scoring up to Uberti and De Simone doesn’t look promising right now. Enright may be the only light they have.
High hopes for Cato, but, being a large kid at 15 he probably was impressive against his cohort but, his skating is lacking. I see him bundled in a trade either this or next.
Moore or Drysdale is the kind of D that is required on this team. Have yet to see that from Enright. He did have a nice assist in the dying minutes on Shane Wright’s tying goal at the U17 that he would like to have back.
More than just dressing room issues

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
That’s going to be a tough knockout punch to ID’s fans to take. They will be looking at a rather large payload in return.
Leaving the scoring up to Uberti and De Simone doesn’t look promising right now. Enright may be the only light they have.
High hopes for Cato, but, being a large kid at 15 he probably was impressive against his cohort but, his skating is lacking. I see him bundled in a trade either this or next.
Moore or Drysdale is the kind of D that is required on this team. Have yet to see that from Enright. He did have a nice assist in the dying minutes on Shane Wright’s tying goal at the U17 that he would like to have back.
More than just dressing room issues

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
All valid points. Don’t forget Enright has just started in this league. He has not been an issue on defence and will be a Top D in the league within a couple years. Obviously he will need to be part of a rebuild along with Cato.

Last years run will cost the Dogs a couple years. The quicker they unload the big boys, the better.

I believe Thomas and Tomasino will get a big return. If the return includes a 16 year old from the first round of the 2019 draft, that first rounder can only be dealt in the first week of January give or take a couple days. So, that being said, it is likely the two stars will be around until early 2020.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The skid is done has the Dogs got by Hamilton 5 to 4 second win in two games against the Bulldogs next up a visit to Peterborough Thursday night. Crowd today 3 ,488 in Hamilton

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs lose in overtime in Peterborough 6 too 5 but at least it a point. Next game Saturday at home against Windsor.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Your goalie that played against the Petes last night, is he new to the league / a rookie? Don't know that I've ever heard his name. He played one hell of a game though, made a ton of huge saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad